Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
NFL 2004 (Read 982 times)
PIRATE
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

NFL 2004
Sep 10th, 2004 at 4:44am

ok romantic fans.....tonight is the kick off of the 2004 season......colts vs patroits.

if you recall last season i predicted the detroit lions not to do well but the 2004 season they would finish possibly fighting for a playoff spot......lions 9-7 this season....detroit will have alot to be proud off.

im still looking for a chief and ram superbowl.....im hopeing this year it will take place.

afc champ.......patroits vs chiefs
nfc champ.......rams vs eagles

what do you all think?

"if thy pour ith..thy shall drink ith"&&"if thy post ith...thy shall count ith"&&2071 plus current

IP Logged

Kevin64
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: NFL 2004
Reply #1 - Sep 10th, 2004 at 9:49am

As you know,Mr.Pirate,I bleed "KC CHIEFS Red". Hopefully Gunther Cunningham has shored up the defense.With an average defense,KC could be very dangerous.I'm taking a wait and see attitude,but I'm very excited about this season.I've been waiting 30 looooooong years to see The Chiefs in The Super Bowl.

30 years?? My god,am I THAT old? Grin

Yeah,Yeah,Yeah!!!!

IP Logged

PIRATE
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #2 - Sep 11th, 2004 at 12:54am

kevin.....the pirate bleeds gold and blue..ram blood....but i have like the chiefs from day one......thats the word on the streets with cunningham taken the defense over its suppose to give the chiefs what they need to get over the top.....i think the rams are missing alot to get to the bowl....but thats my super dream match up is to see the rams vs the chiefs in the superbowl.

"if thy pour ith..thy shall drink ith"&&"if thy post ith...thy shall count ith"&&2071 plus current

IP Logged

BrewCity
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Sep 13th, 2004 at 8:23pm

Packers-Patriots.

A rematch of Super Bowl XXXVI.  I also think Philadelphia is really tough this year.

IP Logged

PIRATE
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #4 - Sep 14th, 2004 at 2:19am

it would be nice to see farve win one more brew......he deserves it....one of the toughest all time.

philly looks very tough......cinn, detroit and wash look very very improved......going to be a very interesting year.

IP Logged

Kevin64
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #5 - Oct 6th, 2004 at 5:48am

FINALLY! KC WON A GAME !!!
Sorry,had to get that off my chest after 3 weeks of agony!!! Grin

Yeah,Yeah,Yeah!!!!

IP Logged

PIRATE
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #6 - Oct 6th, 2004 at 12:01pm

kevin its a beggining of a 12 game win streak for kc......unless they play the rams.....both are playing desent ball but just seem fall short.

IP Logged

BrewCity
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Oct 16th, 2004 at 9:20am

Hey Detroit people, it's Packers-Lions this week.   Any predictions?

I should probably keep my mouth shut the way the Pack has been playing.   Undecided  The Lions are actually 2 point favorites!

IP Logged

PIRATE
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #8 - Oct 18th, 2004 at 12:22pm

i almost picked loins myslf against the pack...the lions will have a much better season......theres a rumor of a jerry rice trade to the lions before the trading deadline on tuesday.....thats if the raiders arent to selfish.

IP Logged

PIRATE
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #9 - Oct 21st, 2004 at 11:51am

does anyone have any thoughts on jerry rice heading to seattle........i thought it was very cool for al davis to accomidate jerry on his wishes and didnt make it difficult....or greedy.

IP Logged

BrewCity
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Oct 21st, 2004 at 8:28pm

I think the Raiders were happy to not have to cut Rice...this way, he can be unproductive somewhere else, and the Raiders get another roster spot open for someone useful.  I think Rice's days are done.

I also think it was very presumptuous for Rice to ask Steve Largent to let him wear his retired #80.   Angry  I'll bet that when Rice's #80 is retired by the 49'ers that he would never let some other guy pull it out of the rafters to wear it!

IP Logged

One In A Million
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #11 - Oct 21st, 2004 at 8:40pm

A presumptuous sports player?  Never heard of such a thing.

I think Rice has earned the right to be presumptuous though if anyone has.  If the guy wants to still play, let him play!  Yeah, he's no young hot shot but you can never take away what he's done with his career.  If he's ok with it, so am I.

IP Logged

Boris
Ex Member

"Let's Go To Work!"

Reply #12 - Oct 21st, 2004 at 10:42pm

Being a Bears fan I admire ANY talent.
Let him do what he does best.
Better than some of the talentless, silver spoon fed
draft picks that never pan out.
"Boris"

IP Logged

BrewCity
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Oct 26th, 2004 at 4:45am

Just a couple more guys that agree with me, from FOXsports.com:

Jimmy Johnson on Jerry Rice asking Steve Largent to his retired No. 80 jersey: "I hope that Jerry Rice didn't call him. They are both great players but that jersey was retired and it should stay retired. Let Rice wear No. 18 or 19 for his short time in Seattle."

Howie Long: "It doesn't matter who asked Steve Largent to use No. 80 whether it was Jerry Rice or the organization. It's just wrong."

All I'm saying is, although I agree Rice was a great player, when a number is retired, that should mean something, and it should stay retired.

IP Logged

PIRATE
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #14 - Oct 30th, 2004 at 12:53am

speaking of the bears.....i stand to say walter payton the greats running back ever....no contest,

jerry rice the greatest receiver of all time.....but so wrong to go after largents 80. whats the point of retiring numbers then......i recall largent is in the hall of fame for a reason......i grew up idolizing largent and payton......payton is my favorite football ball of all time.... and steve garvey of the dodgers....favorites....my hall of fame Cheesy

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.