Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
Baseball (Read 2864 times)
bookiesoriginal
Ex Member

Re: Baseball
Reply #30 - Oct 15th, 2004 at 6:08pm

sorry to say but i think the yankees have "bought" themselves another division championship.  red sox look like they are in way over their heads.

IP Logged

PIRATE
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #31 - Oct 18th, 2004 at 12:25pm

bookies i think your right about the yankees...right now its the 11th inning 4 to 4 with  a win they go on there way......hopefully against the astros which are tied at 2 a piece.

"if thy pour ith..thy shall drink ith"&&"if thy post ith...thy shall count ith"&&2071 plus current

IP Logged

Tizlin
Ex Member

Reply #32 - Oct 18th, 2004 at 4:34pm

Well, it ain't over yet...Boston, if any team,can make history...
I would love to see STL advance too.

Linda

PS
It would be interesting to see a STL/NYY series!!!

IP Logged

bookiesoriginal
Ex Member

Reply #33 - Oct 18th, 2004 at 6:25pm

i am rooting for houston because their manager, phil gardner, was fired by the detroit tigers a couple of years ago.  winning a division championship would be sweet revenge for all the tigers management who were non believers.

now i heard the yankees might be the only team that can afford carlos beltran next year?

IP Logged

BrewCity
Ex Member

Reply #34 - Oct 18th, 2004 at 8:21pm

As much as they could use him, I know the Brewers can't afford him.   Sad

IP Logged

PIRATE
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #35 - Oct 19th, 2004 at 1:09am

beltran is worth some serious bucks......yankees can afford anyone.........rangers, dodgers, and with jeff kent retiring if he does astros may also have a shot at resigning him.....but with trades and all money can be moved fast.....so reality any team has a shot but beltran holds the cards plus who is willing to spend.

"if thy pour ith..thy shall drink ith"&&"if thy post ith...thy shall count ith"&&2071 plus current

IP Logged

Pac-Man
Ex Member

Chomping Away

Reply #36 - Oct 19th, 2004 at 11:41am

And Boston pulls off another win making it two close nights in a row.  I would like to see Boston go rather than the Yankees any day.  A Red Sox/Astros series would be cool to see.

IP Logged

Tizlin
Ex Member

Reply #37 - Oct 19th, 2004 at 3:29pm

That rafter ball in the Astro/Cardinals game was priceless!    What is the rule?!
I have broad shoulders... Grin...and I can revise my earlier post...I'm hoping for a Cards/Sox WS Game.

LindaLu

IP Logged

bookiesoriginal
Ex Member

Reply #38 - Oct 20th, 2004 at 6:56am

i would like to see houston vs boston.  of course, the sentimental favorite would have to be boston.  last nights alcs game was sooooooooo  exciting.  the umps need some glasses though.

IP Logged

Pac-Man
Ex Member

Chomping Away

Reply #39 - Oct 20th, 2004 at 11:58am

Another great game tonight.  I was happy to see the Yankees lose yet again.  I am looking forward to the game tomorrow night and hope to see Boston victorious again.  None of the teams still alive are my favorite, but if Boston wins tomorrow I will buy a baseball hat of theirs.  This i promise!   8)

IP Logged

bookiesoriginal
Ex Member

Reply #40 - Oct 20th, 2004 at 6:38pm

great game!  what a job schilling did!  cant wait til tonights game! 
GO SOX!!!

IP Logged

BrewCity
Ex Member

Reply #41 - Oct 20th, 2004 at 8:51pm

WOW!  The Red Sox have all the momentum, but do they have anything left?  What a great series...I had completely written off Boston after Game 3.  I predict the Yankees will win tonight, now that they have their backs to the wall.  But wouldn't it be great if they didn't?

IP Logged

Pac-Man
Ex Member

Chomping Away

Reply #42 - Oct 21st, 2004 at 11:02am

Congrats to the Red Sox.  Now I have to buy a hat  8)

IP Logged

PIRATE
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #43 - Oct 21st, 2004 at 11:49am

well boston fans.....you got it......i was pulling for the yanks but not by much...boston fan since i was a kid.....but i bleed dodger blue....the cards or astros vs boston...its going to be a good one.....ok astros pull one more out of your hat and get ready for boston.

schilling was un believe tues.

IP Logged

bookiesoriginal
Ex Member

Reply #44 - Oct 21st, 2004 at 6:04pm

i am sooooo very happy for the red sox!  now i have to hope they can go all the way.  any team with that much heart deserves to win the world series.  good lesson to be learned from them:  it aint over til its over.

GO SOX!!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.