Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print
Baseball (Read 2855 times)
BrewCity
Ex Member

Re: Baseball
Reply #15 - Sep 16th, 2004 at 1:17am

I went to the Brewers-Giants game last night.  Sat in the 1st row of the right field bleachers in the 3rd deck, hoping for a shot at Barry Bonds' 700th homer.  I think it was the first time I brought my glove to a game since the early '70's!  No home runs, but lotsa fun anyway.  Bonds will probably hit #700 here tonight or tomorrow.

p.s.  I hope he never catches Hammerin' Hank.

IP Logged

PIRATE
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #16 - Sep 16th, 2004 at 4:03am

brew i couldnt agree with you more.....i sure hope he does not catch hank "hammer" aaron either.

not only do you need to take a glove but also a shield for those flying chairs.

"if thy pour ith..thy shall drink ith"&&"if thy post ith...thy shall count ith"&&2071 plus current

IP Logged

PIRATE
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #17 - Oct 1st, 2004 at 12:43pm

well the season is just about over.....just waiting on the calif teams to finalize the playoffs....i love the dodgers but i am uncertain there starting pitchers can carry the load.

st louis vs new york...looks reality

dodgers vs new york is my wish

"if thy pour ith..thy shall drink ith"&&"if thy post ith...thy shall count ith"&&2071 plus current

IP Logged

BrewCity
Ex Member

Reply #18 - Oct 1st, 2004 at 10:06pm

Yeah, St.Louis and New York have been the best regular season teams, but if Houston squeeks into the wild card spot, look out!  It wouldn't surprise me to see them in the World Series.  They are HOT right now.

The Angels could be a sleeper, too.

IP Logged

PIRATE
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #19 - Oct 4th, 2004 at 2:30am

i agree brew...houston sure has stepped up to the plate
and could give st louis a run for there money.....only if the dodger starting staff can arise to the occiasion then they have a great chance.

angels are a good sleeper and are waking up.....interesting year for the playoffs.

IP Logged

BrewCity
Ex Member

Reply #20 - Oct 5th, 2004 at 5:02am

Well, I was happy to see those complainin' Cubs go down.  So much talent, and not even a wild card.

I like the Astros, Cards, Angels & Yankees in the 1st round.

Then Yankees over Astros in the Series.  Just a prediction...I don't really like the Yanks, I'm just pickin' 'em.

IP Logged

PIRATE
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #21 - Oct 6th, 2004 at 12:08pm

it looks like some heat is coming down in between baker and sosa......it doesnt sound like there are in support of sosa actions of late......that will be very interesting to see how it develops.

not looking good for the dodgers....they were slammed in game one.......best of 5 hope they can turn it around.

IP Logged

Boris
Ex Member

"Let's Go To Work!"

Reply #22 - Oct 6th, 2004 at 3:54pm

Good to see Minnesota slap the Yankees tonight.
Never been a St. Louis fan.
I'm backing the  Astros in the NL,
but seeing as my pathetic losers the Cubs are out...
(just as well) I'm pulling for Boston.
"Boris"

IP Logged

BrewCity
Ex Member

Reply #23 - Oct 6th, 2004 at 8:44pm

It figures, Boris.  From one cursed team to the other.

Boston's combo of Schilling & Pedro will be very tough to beat in a playoff series, though.  I wouldn't bet against Boston right now.

IP Logged

Kevin64
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #24 - Oct 9th, 2004 at 9:53am

In a reverse spin on Boris's message..........
It was nice to see the Yankees slap around the Twins tonight.I just want to get this series over with,so the Bombers can make Pedro call them "Daddy" again.
God,I hate The Red Sox !!!!!!!

Yeah,Yeah,Yeah!!!!

IP Logged

bookiesoriginal
Ex Member

Reply #25 - Oct 10th, 2004 at 10:59pm

anybody get a kick out of watching jose lima blank the cards last night?  i dont even care about the nlds but i found myself totally immersed in every pitch of the last 4 innings of that game!!!!  he was so animated!!! and who says baseball is b-o-r-i-n-g?
« Last Edit: Oct 11th, 2004 at 7:16am by N/A »  

IP Logged

PIRATE
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #26 - Oct 14th, 2004 at 8:22pm

yes that was a great performance lima put on bookies....i wish the team would have carried it over to the next game.....well those always nexted year!!

IP Logged

PIRATE
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #27 - Oct 14th, 2004 at 8:24pm

martinez of boston did a lil better againsts his daddy.......but it looks like the yanks are on there way to another world series.

IP Logged

BrewCity
Ex Member

Reply #28 - Oct 14th, 2004 at 8:26pm

Yup, with Schilling in the condition he's in, and the 2-0 lead, that's not exactly going out on a limb, Pirate.

Who do you like in the NL?  I like the Astros.

IP Logged

PIRATE
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #29 - Oct 14th, 2004 at 8:29pm

i like the astros too brew.....even if the astros went down by 2 i would still think they can pull the series out.....i think the yankees will have a hard time beatin either cards or astros but the yanks sure have a clutch line up.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.