Welcome, Guest. Please Login

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Detroit Red Wings/Hockey (Read 1161 times)
bookiesoriginal
Ex Member

Detroit Red Wings/Hockey
Jul 29th, 2004 at 10:48pm

i heard chris chelios say yesterday on the radio not to be surprised if federov is back in detroit in a year or two.
he says federov hates anaheim.

IP Logged

jrjan
Ex Member

Re: Detroit Red Wings/Hockey
Reply #1 - Jul 30th, 2004 at 11:45am

Heard anything about Brett Hull going to Phoenix yet? Have you been to Gordie Howes bar up in Traverse City? It's pretty cool! But I have to admit, I'm a Blues fan. Yes, I can hear all the boo's cascading down. And also a point of interest, the Colts play the Lions on Thanksgiving. And I'm a big Colts fan, Baltimore, then I lucked out and they moved to Indy. I'll be watching "Turkey Day"!

IP Logged

bookiesoriginal
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jul 30th, 2004 at 6:22pm

Yep, I heard about Brett Hull.  Truthfully, I hope it is true that he is going to Phoenix.  They should have parted with some more of the "veteran" players that really didn't do much last season. 

Even though I have lived in Michigan nearly my entire life, I have never been to Traverse City!  or the UP!

IP Logged

oldfriend
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #3 - Jul 31st, 2004 at 1:14am

I don't think that you will see Federov back in Detroit. Anaheim offered a trade with the wings a couple of weeks ago to deal Federov back to Detroit and the wings management said that they were not interested in getting him back. Good riddance as far as I am concerned. He burned his bridges in Detroit when he turned down a bigger offer from the wings just so that he could be "the man" with the mighty ducks. He showed now loyalty whatsoever to the Illitch family or the Detroit fans. Take a hike Federov.

IP Logged

bookiesoriginal
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jul 31st, 2004 at 7:06pm

i think his trip to anaheim was a humbling experience for him.  i would love to see him back.

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Aug 2nd, 2004 at 6:38am

Quote:
Even though I have lived in Michigan nearly my entire life, I have never been to Traverse City!  or the UP!

Wow, you are certainly missing out!!!  Traverse City and the UP are simply gorgeous!   My hubby & I travelled to the west side of the UP (to the Porcupine Mountains) a few years ago-- it was absolutely breathtaking!  Have you been to Mackinac Island?  If not, you need to do it sometime-- it is very nice!  (and not much further away than driving to Chicago!)

IP Logged

bookiesoriginal
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Aug 7th, 2004 at 8:50pm

adios Brett Hull!
its about one year too late!

IP Logged

bookiesoriginal
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Sep 15th, 2004 at 6:19pm

Congratulations team Canada in winning the World Cup!

IP Logged

b glowacki

Reply #8 - Sep 18th, 2004 at 2:03pm

We could care less about over paid babies. the only people who can see them are the rich and famous. how can a family (husband, wife and children ) possibly afford to go (if they could get tickets) and spend atleast $500.00. Just like everything else sports figures we once looked up to are nothing more than what can be bought or sold, like animals.

IP Logged

bookiesoriginal
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Sep 18th, 2004 at 11:00pm

you are so right!  for two people to go to a tigers game and have pretty good seats, by the time you pay for parking, pop and a hot dog, you have spent $150.  i cant even imagine trying to take a family to a sporting event.

IP Logged

BrewCity
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Sep 20th, 2004 at 8:26pm

I take my family of 4 to Brewers games all the time.  We don't sit in the club seats, but we can get front or 2nd row bleacher seats for $10.  Eat at home before you go, bring a bag of peanuts,  buy a coupla sodas (beer for dad), $6 parking, grand total about $60.  That's not any more than going to see a crappy movie.

Now the NHL and NBA, I agree.  Those prices are getting pretty ridiculous.

IP Logged

bookiesoriginal
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Sep 24th, 2004 at 6:47pm

brew, with my eyesight, if i sat in the bleachers the players would look like ants on the field!  i really like to be up close and personal.  it is very expensive but i just limit the # of games i attend.  its worth it to me.

IP Logged

bookies_original
Global Moderator

Tigers Town!
Reply #12 - Jan 24th, 2007 at 8:54pm

ok i admit, i didnt watch george bush last night, i watched the nhl all star skills games.  
anyhow, if anyone else watched, did you notice that marian hossa was a dead ringer for coz canler?  they must have the same hairdresser.  of course it would have to be coz canler on steroids because hossa has about 100 pounds on coz!!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.