Welcome, Guest. Please Login

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
Fabulous New Tears For Fears Album (Read 2961 times)
oldfriend
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Fabulous New Tears For Fears Album
Jul 15th, 2004 at 8:56am

If you are a fan of Tears for Fears, you will absolutely love their new album, "Everybody Loves A Happy Ending". It is just full of great, memorable,  flowing melodies with great hooks. This is without a doubt their best album ever and does not have one song that I would consider filler. It has fabulous production and at times gives a little nod to the Beatles which I am sure is no accident. An absolutely incredible pop masterpiece that was worth the wait.

IP Logged

gbabyjr
Ex Member

Re: Fabulous New Tears For Fears Album
Reply #1 - Jul 15th, 2004 at 6:11pm

That is so cool to hear oldfriend!  We are huge Tears For Fears fans at this house....even the kids.  I thought their new album didn't come out until September.    We definitely plan on getting a copy.  Glad to hear such a glowing review of it.  They are an awesome band.

IP Logged

gbabyjr
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jul 15th, 2004 at 6:22pm

You can hear a couple of the songs at www.tearsforfears.net

After hearing those two, I am dying to hear the rest of the album.   I love "Closest Thing To Heaven"!

IP Logged

oldfriend
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #3 - Jul 15th, 2004 at 9:16pm

There are promo copies of it floating around on ebay. Plus, before we got the promo, my son downloaded the whole album from the internet.

IP Logged

gbabyjr
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jul 15th, 2004 at 10:21pm

Cool!  Thanks for the info.  I might just try to find a copy on ebay.

IP Logged

gbabyjr
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Oct 4th, 2004 at 7:05pm

I can't tell you how great this album is!  If you get a chance, give it a listen.  It  was DEFINITELY worth the long wait.  And as oldfriend mentioned before, you can sure hear The Beatles influence.

IP Logged

oldfriend
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #6 - Oct 5th, 2004 at 12:51am

I have my tickets for the show at the State Theater on Nov. 3rd. Anyone else in the area going?

IP Logged

gbabyjr
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Oct 5th, 2004 at 1:06am

Lucky you!  So far they don't have any dates close to me.  Can't wait to hear the review on that show oldfriend!

IP Logged

PIRATE
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #8 - Oct 5th, 2004 at 2:27am

thanks for the info old friend...also grew up listening to them......ill have to check that album out.....i wonder if i would have known about that album if you didnt post it....thanks

"if thy pour ith..thy shall drink ith"&&"if thy post ith...thy shall count ith"&&2071 plus current

IP Logged

gbabyjr
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Oct 5th, 2004 at 8:43am

They were on A&E's "Breakfast  With The Arts" yesterday.  I don't know how they rerun those, but it is worth catching it if you get a chance.

IP Logged

oldfriend
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #10 - Oct 5th, 2004 at 9:38am

In the last couple of weeks they have been on Leno, Conan, and Kilborn. Unfortunately, they performed the same song all three times, but it sounded great.

IP Logged

lmk
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Oct 5th, 2004 at 11:21pm

I caught them on the Today show last Saturday, I think.  I was pleased to hear they had a new CD, but I didn't know they were coming to the State, oldfriend.  Be sure to let us know how it is!

IP Logged

oldfriend
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #12 - Nov 4th, 2004 at 11:10am

What a show! They did just about the whole new album. Just a five piece band, but it sounded amazing. So full. Curt surprised me with his more than competent bass playing. They also did Pale Shelter, Mad World, an absolutley outstanding version of Sowing The Seeds Of Love, Head Over Heels, Everybody Wants To Rule The World, Shout, and the real surprise was Break It Down Again from the Elemental album, which Curt was not even on. After the opening act, my sons, my wife, myself and my one sons girlfriend made our way down to the floor in front of the stage. We were close enough to practically grab Curt, and Roland was just several feet to his right (our left as we looked at the stage). The sound was absolutley tremendous, and I had to compliment the sound man after the show, which he seemed to appreciate. It was such a pleasure to see these guys in a venue where you could get up close and personal, and I do mean close! This show will remain as memorable as the time my son and I saw Neil Finn at Saint Andrews Hall a couple of years back where we were just as close and heard so many memorable songs. All I can say is that if you don't have the new Tears For Fears album, get it!!! And if they come to your town, go see the show!! You will NOT be dissapointed.

IP Logged

lmk
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Nov 5th, 2004 at 8:23am

Thanks for the review, oldfriend!  I was just wondering this evening how the show went.  Head Over Heels is one of my favorite TFF songs.   Smiley

IP Logged

gbabyjr
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Nov 5th, 2004 at 4:24pm

Sounds like an awesome show!  So far they are not slated to come to my neck of the woods, but I am keeping my fingers crossed.  After hearing your review, I know I won't pass up that opportunity if it comes my way.  Anyone who hasn't heard their new album........you must hear it.  It is awesome from beginning to end.

IP Logged

oldfriend
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #15 - Nov 6th, 2004 at 12:26am

Where do you live?

IP Logged

gbabyjr
Ex Member

Reply #16 - Nov 6th, 2004 at 1:10am

Greenville, SC.

IP Logged

oldfriend
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #17 - Nov 6th, 2004 at 4:42am

Doesn't look like they will be coming your way. The next couple of nights are in Ohio, then on to Milwaukee and Minneapolis. After that they head west to Colorado, Nevada, Arizona and California. Maybe they will come back east after that, although Curt mentioned the other night that he lives in California now, so maybe that is where they are going to finish up.

IP Logged

bookiesoriginal
Ex Member

Reply #18 - Nov 6th, 2004 at 7:16am

gbaby, do you ever think about moving?

IP Logged

gbabyjr
Ex Member

Reply #19 - Nov 6th, 2004 at 3:21pm

Ha Ha!  Yep, I do.  I can't get The Romantics to come anywhere near here either!  Atlanta is just a two hour drive for me, so I would take that(just not on a week day!).

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.