Welcome, Guest. Please Login

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
Seen Any Good Movies Lately? (Read 12081 times)
bookiesoriginal
Ex Member

Seen Any Good Movies Lately?
Jun 19th, 2004 at 6:08am

ok, so i am a little late on this one but i finally saw Mystic River last night.  why did this movie get such great reviews?  i just didnt think it was that great.  i thought the story was weak and i thought sean penn did a betting job of acting in 21 grams.

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
Ex Member

Re: Seen Any Good Movies Lately?
Reply #1 - Jun 23rd, 2004 at 3:31am

Hey Bookies,

Some of the movies I've seen in the past month:

Mona Lisa Smile -- It was good.  (Definitely more of a chick flick.) The social commentary about the times was rather interesting as well.

Along Came Polly -- I thought it was pretty funny!  If you like Ben Stiller's kind of physical comedy, then you'll probably like it.

The Commander -- It was pretty good, kind of gory at times, but I guess you have to be true to the ravages and reality of war during the period (amputations, surgery under less than ideal circumstances, etc.)

Troy --  Hmmmm muscle male bodies... what more can a woman ask
for... lots of "eye candy" for the ladies!  I never read the Iliad, so I'm
not sure how "true" to the story  the movie was.  Yes, a bit gory at times, too.  It was a little weird to see "Boromir" from Lord of the Rings and Orlando Bloom (Legolas, from LOTR).  Seems that Orlando Bloom has put his archery "skills" from LOTR to work in Troy as well.

Timeline -- I usually like sci fi movies.  This one was okay, but way too much "suspenseful" music going on... (i.e. every scene had that "something's about to happen" type of suspense music, which got sort of boring after a while... I thought the movie seemed more like a TV show than a movie.)

Kill Bill -- It was okay, but I've decided I'm not really a big fan of Quentin Tarantino and his strange sense of humor (even though I understand that he was trying to be "cartoony" and "comic bookish" and using "Manga" (Japanese Cartoons) as a way of telling the story...). It was pretty gory and violent at times (especially the very first scene). Then again, I wasn't overly excited about "Pulp Fiction" either....

Girl with a Pearl Earring -- If you like art, then you'll like this film.  The movie is apparently based upon a book and about the a painting by Vermeer.   The cinemetography is lush-- every scene almost has the feel of a painting... (I'm not familiar with many of his works, but there may be references to a few paintings via the scenes in the movie.)  What's most interesting to me is that much of the movie is not told through actual dialogue, but "looks" and "glances" and body language between the actors & actresses.

Frida -- A film about artist, Frida Kahlo, who was the lover of Diego Rivera.  I re-watched this movie on DVD (I saw it when it first came out in the theatres)  and am still amazed at the cinematography-- the director shot a lot of "re-enacted" dramatizations of Frida Kahlo's paintings.  The resulting images are breathtakingly "real" and fool the eye into believing you are looking at a Kahlo painting, vs. a person in 3-D. You can also see the pain an anguish Frida had to endure throughout her life, as well as her relationships with Diego Rivera, her family, and the other men and women in her life.

Cowboy Bebop - a Japanese Anime film.  Very interesting artwork, the story was a bit bizarre. It was interesting to hear the movie in English and then to read the subtitles...I think they subtitled the Japanese and then translated the spoken dialogue to English-- at any rate, the written and spoken English sometimes were 2 different interpretation of the same scene.

Can't remember what else I've seen-- it all runs together after a while... LOL

--Iris

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jun 23rd, 2004 at 3:40am

Oh yes, I also saw "A Walk on the Moon", which has been out for a while. (With Viggo Mortensen and Diane Lane).

I'm a huge Viggo (LOTR) fan....so I really liked the 1st 1/2 of the movie; the 2nd half was considerably darker in nature due to the subject matter....

I haven't seen Mystic River-- still have a lot of movies on my "to see" list:

the newest Harry Potter movie
The Stepford Wives
Dodge Ball  looks kind of funny as well.
I'm looking forward to "King Arthur" when it comes out-- I absolutely love to watch Arthurian movies and to read King Arthur novels...

My hubby and I usually like to watch comedies, sci-fi movies, and historical period films... I'm really not one for watching horror films (I'm a big chicken when it comes to scary movies--although I do want to watch the Scary Movie 2 & Scary Movie 3....we saw Scary movie 1   Cheesy )

IP Logged

bookiesoriginal
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jun 23rd, 2004 at 5:26am

wow iris!!!
thanks for reminding me about Frida.  that is one i will definately watch.
truthfully, i hate sitting through movies. 
i did also watch City of God with portuguese subtitles which was a frightening look at life in Brazil. 
for the most part, i dont watch movies for entertainment.   i tend to shy away from comedies, sci-fi, chick flicks or movies with tom cruise or brat pitt.

IP Logged

lmk
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jun 23rd, 2004 at 6:40am

Who has time for movies?  Wish I did!

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Jun 23rd, 2004 at 7:22am

Quote:
wow iris!!!
thanks for reminding me about Frida.  that is one i will definately watch.
truthfully, i hate sitting through movies.  
i did also watch City of God with portuguese subtitles which was a frightening look at life in Brazil.  
for the most part, i dont watch movies for entertainment.   i tend to shy away from comedies, sci-fi, chick flicks or movies with tom cruise or brat pitt.

Well, to add to the list of "Artist" movies,
there's also:

Pollack (about Jackson Pollack-- the painter who did the drip painting)  It's rather "dark" film about his life, but then again, he was an alcoholic and mentally unstable, so obviously, these influenced his life and his relationships and works...

Camille Claudel (In French - w/subtitles)--This movie is about one of August Rodin's (sculptor) young "proteges" (and mistress), it is a fascinating look at her life as an artist in Rodin's shadow (in a time where women weren't really "allowed" to be artists.)  It's been a while since I've seen this movie, but I thought it was very interesting....

Bookies-- I can understand why you might shy away from Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise movies... I'm guessing you might have some other more mature favorite male actors? Smiley   I only go to "the movies" maybe 3 or 4 times a year.   However, I bought a "Blockbuster Movie Pass" for the summer, so I can watch as many movies as I can get my hands on (2 at a time.)  Smiley  I usally watch them in the evenings when other stuff has "wound down" for the day. Cheesy

I don't like horror films at all, and prefer to laugh or to learn something new vs. cry or be frightened at films (if you read my artist's statement, you will understand why--I chose to look at the positive side of things and to look at things that generally uplift me, vs. make me depressed....)  I also love looking at the historical costuming in some of the movies--the elaborate clothing and detailing really intrigue me when it comes to historical films... although I can't stand most "war films"-- I prefer the historical "war" films vs. the "in the trenches," WWII type of films in general.

That's also why I like the Romantics... because their songs have an "upbeat" sound (musically) to them. (I think my next series of paintings is going to be based upon their music.)

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Jun 23rd, 2004 at 7:24am

Quote:
Who has time for movies?  Wish I did!

Maybe you and I and our hubbies should sneak out for a quick movie night sometime-- We're doing some remodeling/home improvement stuff as well... it would be nice to sneak away for a dinner and a movie sometime.

IP Logged

bookiesoriginal
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Jun 23rd, 2004 at 7:46pm

Quote:
I'm guessing you might have some other more mature favorite male actors?

let's see, my favs are
johnny depp
edward norton
guy pearce
al pacino
willem dafoe
robert deniro

i guess you might call a couple of those "mature"
Wink

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Jun 25th, 2004 at 2:56am

ReallY? Johnny Depp? I like him, too-- he is always in the more "quirky" movies....
Did you see Pirates of the Caribbean?  He was really funny in that one!

Oh, and a movie that is really touching is "Big Fish".... A Tim Burton film.... definiltely has that slightly odd feel to it, but hubby & I really liked it!

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Jun 25th, 2004 at 3:06am

A few of my fave actors (some hotties, some notties)

Pierce Brosnan (The accent gets me every time!)
Alan Alda
Viggo Mortensen (LOTR!!!)
Johnny Depp
Brad Pitt -- I like his ability to slip into a variety of different roles....
Orlando Bloom (Okay, I confess, it's 'cuz he's a young hottie...LOL)
Robin Williams-- he has got to be the funniest guy ever...
Rob Schneider-- his movies are definitely comic, but I like how many of them have a little "moral of the story" in them.

IP Logged

Pac-Man
Ex Member

Chomping Away

Reply #10 - Jun 25th, 2004 at 12:11pm

I saw 13 going on 30 recently....yeah I know chick flick  Tongue   I must admit the movie was hilarious especially if you grew up in the 80s.  It of course had a good ending and all.  If you are up for a romantic comedy go see it.

I saw Van Helsing when it came out.  Not to bad, but I would wait to rent it.  Not all it was cracked up to be but not a failure as well.  If you have some spare time, when it comes out on DVD rent it.

IP Logged

Boris
Ex Member

"Let's Go To Work!"

Reply #11 - Jun 25th, 2004 at 1:31pm

"Spartan" with Val Kilmer.
(written by David Mamet)
"Boris"

Looking forward to "Fahrenheit 9/11"
(if I ever get any free time)

IP Logged

BrewCity
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Jun 25th, 2004 at 8:16pm

Boris, you obviously prefer fictional films.

IP Logged

bookiesoriginal
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Jun 25th, 2004 at 8:26pm

i somehow knew the mention of that film would provoke some posts.
Shocked

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Jul 4th, 2004 at 3:09am

Quote:
I saw 13 going on 30 recently....yeah I know chick flick  Tongue   I must admit the movie was hilarious especially if you grew up in the 80s.  It of course had a good ending and all.  If you are up for a romantic comedy go see it.

I saw Van Helsing when it came out.  Not to bad, but I would wait to rent it.  Not all it was cracked up to be but not a failure as well.  If you have some spare time, when it comes out on DVD rent it.

I've heard some pretty poor reviews of the Van Helsing... sounds like you're  agreeing with that... Someone told me not to even bother renting it on video... I hear the special effects are okay though.

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
Ex Member

Reply #15 - Jul 4th, 2004 at 3:11am

Some people I know have seen Fahrenheit 9/11.   The only other movie I've seen by Michael Moore was "Bowling for Columbine."

I've heard that the new one is interesting...

IP Logged

Boris
Ex Member

"Let's Go To Work!"

Reply #16 - Jul 7th, 2004 at 12:53am

I finally saw "Secondhand Lions"
A great movie for all ages.
"Spiderman 2" on Dad/Daughter Date.
Lots of fun.
"Boris"

IP Logged

bookiesoriginal
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Aug 6th, 2004 at 6:44pm

in the midst of this summer of mediocrity, it was nice to see a couple of new movies that actually might be worth the trip out.

Maria Full of Grace-only at select theatres and in this area, only at the maple art.

Open Water-described as a chiller that will have to bear the burden of being described as "Blair Witch" meets "Jaws"

The Story of the Weeping Camel

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
Ex Member

Reply #18 - Aug 7th, 2004 at 1:00am

The previews I've heard about Maria Full of Grace (on WDET) sounded really good....

I have yet to see the newest Harry Potter...

IP Logged

mymeka
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #19 - Aug 7th, 2004 at 9:33pm

Yeah............The Village.  It was a typical M. Night Shamylan movie - filled with suspense, and leaving you in the end to wonder if you 'really' get the movie.  It was interesting though, and am glad I saw it.

Lori

IP Logged

Boris
Ex Member

"Let's Go To Work!"

Reply #20 - Aug 7th, 2004 at 9:39pm

No.
No time, too busy editing my posts and/or avitars.
"Boris"

IP Logged

One In A Million
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #21 - Aug 7th, 2004 at 9:45pm

Iris, this one was my favorite Harry Potter of the three.
I absolutely love Gary Oldman in it!

I have to go see The Village today before it's ruined for me.

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
Ex Member

Reply #22 - Aug 10th, 2004 at 2:03am

Saw a crazy movie this past weekend:

Harold & Kumar go to White Castle. 

This movie's along the lines of "Dude Where's My Car" and other campy Schtick aimed towards college and high School students. (i.e. potty and pot head humor, slapstick, etc.)

However, some of the scenarios and "stereotypes" were so crazy, we were laughing pretty hard...

If you like Austin Powers, Scary Movie, Dude Where's My Car, etc... you'll probably find this one pretty funny..... If you don't like goofy comedy movies, then don't go-- this is definitely NOT a Shakespearean comedy (nor does it pretend to be.) 

There's a bit of serious social commentary below the surface,  but it's played in a way that you don't really think about it.... Kind of a no-brainer, grab your bucket of popcorn and head in for some silliness kind of movie.

--Iris

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
Ex Member

Reply #23 - Aug 10th, 2004 at 2:05am

Quote:
Yeah............The Village.  It was a typical M. Night Shamylan movie - filled with suspense, and leaving you in the end to wonder if you 'really' get the movie.  It was interesting though, and am glad I saw it.

Lori

Is it "scary"?   or "suspenseful"?

I don't like "scary" horror-type movies.  However, I will go to a suspense movie (I don't like slasher movies at all.)   I think I've seen a few of his movies, and really liked the twists in them.

--Iris

IP Logged

One In A Million
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #24 - Aug 10th, 2004 at 2:34am

The Village is PG-13.
It's not a slasher flick.
I myself really liked it.
I think some people may have been expecting more than what they got?  I dunno, but I liked it.
I'd say it's "twilight zoneish".

As for the shark movie?  NO THANKS!  I live right here by the Ocean and won't go in more than my ankles; Thank You Richard Dreyfuss!!
I'll stick to Zombies and Psycho killers!!

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
Ex Member

Reply #25 - Aug 10th, 2004 at 4:42am

I think I might go see The Village... ;-D
It sounds good!

Has anyone seen "King Arthur"?  I heard it was not as good as expected. (I'm a huge "Arthurian" movie fan--and will generally see most of those types of films... however, 1 I did NOT like was First Knight.)

==Iris

IP Logged

mymeka
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #26 - Aug 10th, 2004 at 8:19pm

Iris,

I would say it was the 'suspense' that made the movie interesting.  I would recommend seeing it, but it was very strange...I have to say.

Let me know what you think!

Lori

IP Logged

mymeka
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #27 - Aug 11th, 2004 at 9:24am

Here's one for you guys.......rented "Monster", the true story of the first female 'serial killer'.  Wow.......

Sick and sad, but true.  Good movie.

Lori

IP Logged

bookiesoriginal
Ex Member

Reply #28 - Oct 8th, 2004 at 6:00pm

just read a review for the much anticipated The Motorcycle Diaries.  this looks like a "dont miss" film.  in spanish with english subtitles.

IP Logged

bookiesoriginal
Ex Member

Reply #29 - Oct 29th, 2004 at 6:08pm

This looks like a can't miss for fans from this board.  Locally it is only playing at the Main Art.

"End of the Century: The Story of the Ramones"

http://www.freep.com/entertainment/movies/end29e_20041029.htm

IP Logged

PIRATE
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #30 - Oct 30th, 2004 at 12:45am

i saw  "the grudge" a few days ago....its a must see if you like spooky movies......2 thumbs and two big toew up on this one......it kept everyone jumping in there seats.....check it out its a goodie.

"if thy pour ith..thy shall drink ith"&&"if thy post ith...thy shall count ith"&&2071 plus current

IP Logged

BrewCity
Ex Member

Reply #31 - Oct 30th, 2004 at 1:32am

Despite Pirate's "two big toews up" recommendation on "The Grudge", my next movie will be "End of the Century" as soon as it hits town here.  That one's right up my alley.

IP Logged

PIRATE
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #32 - Oct 30th, 2004 at 10:27am

if i can give ten fingers and ten toes up im doing it before it comes out and that is "meet the fockers"
part 2 from meet the parents......im counting the days.

"if thy pour ith..thy shall drink ith"&&"if thy post ith...thy shall count ith"&&2071 plus current

IP Logged

gbabyjr
Ex Member

Reply #33 - Oct 30th, 2004 at 7:58pm

Quote:
if i can give ten fingers and ten toes up im doing it before it comes out and that is "meet the fockers"
part 2 from meet the parents......im counting the days.

Me too, Pirate!!!!!!!!!!!!

IP Logged

Boris
Ex Member

"Let's Go To Work!"

Reply #34 - Oct 30th, 2004 at 11:34pm

See "SAW"
"BOOris"

IP Logged

PIRATE
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #35 - Nov 4th, 2004 at 2:43am

im adding that one to my list boris.......are you helping advertising the movie.....nice chain saw.

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
Ex Member

Reply #36 - Nov 8th, 2004 at 10:55pm

In the past month or so, I've seen:

"Fahrenheit 9/11":  Very interesting....

"Bush' Brain" about Karl Rove... It  was a very dry film, but interesting.

"Supersize me"... yikes-- never will I eat another fast food burger or fries again!  Blech!! :-P

"White Chicks" -- another "stupid funny" movie-- a no brainer there)

Mulan (special edition):  Very interesting behind-the-scenes look at the making of Disney's Mulan cartoon.  Of course, the cartoon itself is great as well!

DVD videos of the 12 Girls Band - They are a group from China which plays traditional Chinese Instruments, but contemporary music... Very interesting to hear and see... some what of a Jazz "light" kind of feel (they do the Hooked on Classics version of Beethoven's 5th at one point...LOL)  Kind of new age/jazzy group.

IP Logged

One In A Million
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #37 - Nov 8th, 2004 at 11:05pm

The only thing more painful than death would be "Birth".

IP Logged

bookiesoriginal
Ex Member

Reply #38 - Nov 9th, 2004 at 6:29pm

i would have to agree with that oiam.  just the fact that nicole kidman is in it would be enough to send me in the other direction not to mention such a lame plot.

IP Logged

mymeka
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #39 - Nov 9th, 2004 at 7:55pm

Movies are so disappointing these days, can't really remember the last time I saw a real good one (ok, 'Bridges of Madison County') - SUCKER for romance  Grin

Lori

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
Ex Member

Reply #40 - Nov 9th, 2004 at 11:16pm

I'm so behind on the times!

Just rented "Sea Biscuit" and "Cold Mountain"... will let you all know what I think of those movies...

IP Logged

bookiesoriginal
Ex Member

Reply #41 - Nov 10th, 2004 at 6:05am

i heard great things about a new movie called primer.  if you liked momento, they say you will love this one!

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
Ex Member

Reply #42 - Nov 10th, 2004 at 11:40pm

Cold mountain was okay--they tried to entwine 2 stories--one of the civil war and the other a "romance".... The actor that played the part of "Georgia" looked kind of like Jack from the White Stripes...

IP Logged

BrewCity
Ex Member

Reply #43 - Nov 11th, 2004 at 1:17am

He looked exactly like Jack White.  That's kinda funny...did that one actress look kinda like Renee Zellweger, too?

Did Georgia's singing voice sound suspiciously kind of like Jack White's to you, too?   Tongue

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
Ex Member

Reply #44 - Nov 14th, 2004 at 10:01pm

Brew....

"Doh!"...... LOL!!!  So I didn't pay attention to the credits....   Okay... okay...  Smiley  

So it WAS Jack White?!  You got me there!

Hey, that's not too bad for someone (me) who is terrible when asked to identify famous people.... Wink

Oh, and I haven't listened much to his music, so I can't say anything about what he sounded like....

IP Logged

mymeka
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #45 - Nov 15th, 2004 at 6:00am

Oh, I did enjoy 'Sea Biscuit', I've got to admit!  Partially because we own horses and our love of horses, but it was a wonderful story!

Didn't really enjoy Cold Mountain, and Renee Zelweger (sp.???) was in it!

Lori

IP Logged

mymeka
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #46 - Nov 15th, 2004 at 6:02am

Oh, I really enjoyed "Sea Biscuit" - partially because of owning horses and loving them so, but it was such a wonderful story!

Cold Mountain wasn't our favorite - not sure why. . . just seemed to go on and on.  Renee Zelweger (sp.???) was in the movie.  Good role!

Lori

IP Logged

bookiesoriginal
Ex Member

Reply #47 - Nov 15th, 2004 at 6:17pm

another horse lover here!  i loved seabiscuit too.  i think the movie got overlooked because people got too hung up in the horseracing aspect of the movie and lost focus on the REAL story being told. 
great family movie!

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
Ex Member

Reply #48 - Nov 15th, 2004 at 8:42pm

funny thing, Eric didn't want to see the movie, but then while we were watching it, we kept getting interrupted with phone calls....and he started getting interested in the movie, so he get a bit annoyed (at the calls)... LOL! Wink

IP Logged

Boris
Ex Member

"Let's Go To Work!"

Reply #49 - Nov 17th, 2004 at 1:39pm

I thought it was!
« Last Edit: Nov 18th, 2004 at 3:39pm by Boris »  

IP Logged

bookies_original
Global Moderator

Tigers Town!
Reply #50 - May 19th, 2006 at 7:25pm

wow, its been a long time since we visited this topic.
anyhow, with the release today of the da vinci code, i was just wondering how many have any interest in seeing it.

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Always a butterfly lover!

Sunny South Florida
Reply #51 - May 19th, 2006 at 8:01pm

I still have the book lying untouched by my bed!  But I would like to see the movie even though I haven't read it first!  I usually don't like to do it in reverse!  But I heard it follows the book closely!

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

BrewCity
God Member

Milwaukee

Milwaukee
Reply #52 - May 19th, 2006 at 8:51pm

Pure fiction.  I'm not really interested in Hollywood messing with my religion.

"You crashed your car through the front door/I pulled you from the wreckage/You told me that you missed me/But you meant with the grill and hood."

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #53 - May 21st, 2006 at 2:04am

It is pure fiction, but isn't that why we go to the movies?  To be entertained.  Isn't that why we read books?  To be entertained.  Do we really think that Jason, Freddy, Candyman, etc are real?  Or course not!  I think we all take things far too seriously.  I am Catholic too.  I am still not saying that I am going to see it, but I wouldn't stop someone else from seeing it.  Choice.  That's why we live in the United States.

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #54 - May 21st, 2006 at 2:07am

I don't know why I am admitting to this, but I saw Stick It a few weeks ago!  I don't know why, OK I do know why, but that's besides the point!  I happened to know someone who was in it and was curious!  It was far beyond the meaning of bad.  Why in the world would Jeff Bridges agree to do this movie?  Is he that hard up for cash?  This was not entertaining at all!  At least Bring It On was a little funny!  OK, did I just admit to seeing that too?  I'll stop now since I am so far behind! Smiley

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

bookies_original
Global Moderator

Tigers Town!
Reply #55 - May 21st, 2006 at 9:46am

i never really find 99% of movie trailers interesting enough to draw me into the theatre. for me, there must be something thought provoking as opposed to merely being entertained.

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #56 - May 21st, 2006 at 10:03am

As a member of the guild, I'm required to see everything!  How can you vote on what you haven't seen?  Makes it not fair.  That's why they even send you movies to make sure you have the opportunity to view them!

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

BrewCity
God Member

Milwaukee

Milwaukee
Reply #57 - May 22nd, 2006 at 7:58am

For the record, I just said I'm not interested in The DaVinci Code.  I didn't say I cared if anyone else saw it.

"You crashed your car through the front door/I pulled you from the wreckage/You told me that you missed me/But you meant with the grill and hood."

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #58 - May 22nd, 2006 at 9:24am

I'm glad that you set the record straight on that one!  I was worried! Smiley

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

bookies_original
Global Moderator

Tigers Town!
Reply #59 - May 22nd, 2006 at 7:03pm

Quote:
I don't know why I am admitting to this, but I saw Stick It a few weeks ago!

i am so far out of it that i have never even heard of stick it!!
psst.....solodka, who is it that you knew in the movie? Wink

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #60 - May 22nd, 2006 at 8:25pm

One of the gymnist competitors.  She was the main gymnist towards the end of the movie.  Small part, but a part indeed.  And trust me on this one, you didn't miss anything!

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

bookies_original
Global Moderator

Tigers Town!
Reply #61 - Nov 17th, 2006 at 8:37pm

anybody have any plans to see Fast Food Nation?

you know i will be there!!

IP Logged

oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #62 - Nov 17th, 2006 at 10:41pm

The last movie I saw was the sure to be nominated for an acadamy award "Jackass 2". Between the shark scene and Knoxville getting nailed by that bull, I am surprised that someone did not  get killed. Even the scene in the limo with all those bees could have gotten someone killed. If they make another one, they will be lucky to get out without someone sustaining a serious injury or worse.

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #63 - Nov 18th, 2006 at 7:48am

I highly suggest that you see The Departed!  Awesome!  Long, but you really don't notice how long it really is!  A lot ot twists and turns when you don't expect it!!!!!!!!!

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #64 - Nov 18th, 2006 at 9:07am

I am going to the movies on Monday. Can't decide between "Borat" and the new James Bond movie.  Any suggestions?

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #65 - Nov 18th, 2006 at 7:48pm

Haven't seen the new James Bond flick yet, but that would get my vote!  Not to mention that the new Bond and Bond Girl are both hotties! Smiley

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

bookies_original
Global Moderator

Tigers Town!
Reply #66 - Nov 20th, 2006 at 8:29pm

heard the james bond flick is really, really good!
i have even read that it may be the best one of all time.
oldfriend, i think you should make that your choice tonight.

IP Logged

oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #67 - Nov 21st, 2006 at 10:57pm

The new Bond movie is excellent! Kind of a throwback to the early bond movies. Great story and just enough action to keep it from being boring. Daniel Craig is a great bond, and all of those who were slamming him as the new Bond will change their minds after seeing this movie. Has a neat twist at the end.

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #68 - Nov 22nd, 2006 at 6:47am

They were already sold on the new James Bond before it came out!  They are in production for the next sequel to Casino Royale!!!!!

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

pinkbubelz
God Member

A Chick & an Artist at
Heart!

Romantics City! (Detroit, MI)
Reply #69 - Nov 22nd, 2006 at 7:12am

I saw Flushed Away last weekend. It was cute. Smiley  Billed as a kid's movie, but there were some jokes that only us in the post-pubescent crowd could appreciate. Smiley  (The music in the movie was great--lots of older songs that the kiddies have probably never heard before.)

If you are a fan of the Wallace & Gromit claymation films, you'll like it... (of course if you are totally clueless when it comes to British humor, then this might not hit your funny bone.)  

It wasn't rip-roaringly funny, but good for a few gentle laughs. Smiley

Movies I've recently Rented:

"Dead Man" starring Johnny Depp - I think I needed to be on some kind of drugs to truly appreciate this film. Kind of a weird take on the old Black & white movies...

"RV" starring Robin Williams - funny, but I see why it headed to video quickly. Lots of the usual slap stick stuff that's good for the kiddies, but a little overly tired on the part of the adults.   It was interesting to see Jeff Daniels--I barely recognized him at first!

"A Prairie Home Companion" - Again an eclectic film--lots of big guns in terms of actresses & actors, though. I think if you are a fan of the show, it might make more sense, it was very "NPR" in feel. I haven't really heard it on the radio before, but It's kind of a take on the old-fashioned radio shows, complete with "baking powder" commercials and funny sound effects buy a guy who can wing it on the spur of the moment. Saw it last night on DVD-- I heard an interview on the radio today that was with the guy who put together the radio/stage show-- apparently, the director just died!

Never Give Up! Never Surrender! ~ Galaxy Quest&&&&A Romantics Fanatic since the tender age of 14...
pinkbubelz pinkbubelz  
IP Logged

CyberCat
YaBB Newbies

Canada
Reply #70 - Nov 30th, 2006 at 6:33am

Monster was great. Charlize Theron and Christina Ricci did an amazing job in their roles. The last movie I saw was Saw 3. If you like lots of blood, this one has enough of that and scenes that make your skin crawl.

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
God Member

A Chick & an Artist at
Heart!

Reply #71 - Dec 1st, 2006 at 6:48pm

I saw the Fountain this past week.

All I have to say is that I walked out wondering what exactly was the point of the movie.
Save your money and rent it on DVD if you want to see it-- it had 3 story lines-- I think it took about 3/4 of the movie
before I started to figure out what was going on....

Never Give Up! Never Surrender! ~ Galaxy Quest&&&&A Romantics Fanatic since the tender age of 14...
pinkbubelz pinkbubelz  
IP Logged

bookies_original
Global Moderator

Tigers Town!
Reply #72 - Dec 8th, 2006 at 8:49pm

might be worth checking out this week at the detroit film theatre is "new york doll"
anyone seen this?
it is about the new york dolls.

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
God Member

A Chick & an Artist at
Heart!

Reply #73 - Dec 12th, 2006 at 2:18am

Well, this isn't a movie, but my hubby and I bought a copy of "School House Rock" for our upcoming New Year's Eve Party (We are having a 1967 - 2007 theme this year).   Does anyone remember these 3 minute educational songs?

We listened / watched the whole DVD this weekend... Now I can't get the song for "adjectives" out of my head!!!

pinkbubelz pinkbubelz  
IP Logged

pinkbubelz
God Member

A Chick & an Artist at
Heart!

Reply #74 - Dec 20th, 2006 at 11:13am

Recently, we bought Sleepy Hollow....

I just love Tim Burton's movies (and Johnny Depp helps as eye candy)... Of course, I'm not a huge fan of horror movies,
and it still scared me--even with my living room lights on!!! Smiley   I loved listening to the director's notes, though--it makes for a much more interesting take on the film...

pinkbubelz pinkbubelz  
IP Logged

BrewCity
God Member

Milwaukee

Milwaukee
Reply #75 - Feb 27th, 2007 at 6:09am

I saw "Ghost Rider" over the weekend......it was pretty damn cool, I'd have to say.  Of course, it was based on a comic book, so I guess you have to like that stuff to appreciate it.  But Nick Cage was good, and Eva Mendez............WOW!  Really cool special effects of the flaming skull variety.  Two thumbs up.

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
God Member

A Chick & an Artist at
Heart!

Reply #76 - Mar 22nd, 2007 at 11:17pm

I saw 300 last weekend. It was okay...

A little to much CG special effects for me (not that it wasn't cool...)  The one shot that I liked the most was towards the end of the movie when the director panned out from some soldiers (not giving away anything else.)

Somehow, it seemed a little too artificial for my tastes though-- I kind of like to go to movies where I can "place myself in the action" or where it gives me enough detail that I can let my imagination take it further.... Or movies where the silliness is so overboard that it's absolutely not going to happen... Part of the problem for me is that the movie didn't feel like it was in a "real space"...

But the 6-pack abs were nice... LOL

pinkbubelz pinkbubelz  
IP Logged

bookies_original
Global Moderator

Tigers Town!
Reply #77 - Apr 9th, 2007 at 8:34pm

finally watched the departed.
excellent movie but the language was very distracting for me.
anyone else feel the same?
leonardo dicaprio did an excellent job!
so who won the oscar instead of him?

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #78 - Apr 11th, 2007 at 7:12am

I guess you don't watch the Sopranos then?!!  Very similar in language!    Forest Whitaker took home the Oscar for The Last King of Scotland.  Someone told me that he is in The Shield.  It's on tonight at 10pm if you are still awake!  I don't know if I will be! Wink

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #79 - Apr 11th, 2007 at 8:39pm

After watching last night's episode, it looks like it might be his last appearance on that show.

IP Logged

bookies_original
Global Moderator

Tigers Town!
Reply #80 - Apr 11th, 2007 at 9:03pm

yeah, i cant even be in the same room when my husband is watching the sopranos  Shocked

didnt see last king of scotland but i do love forest whitaker and he is a vegetarian to boot!! Smiley

IP Logged

Boris

"Let's Go To Work!"

Reply #81 - Apr 13th, 2007 at 3:01pm

"Grindhouse"... a new classic from QT and RR!
"Departed"... Scorsese does it again!
A few of the "After Dark Horror Fest Series" were surprisingly good.
"Little Miss Sunshine"... a wonderful exercise in dysfunctionality.
I am personally glad Alan Arkin won the Oscar.
"The Sopranos"... I must finish the series... 8 more to go.
(I've been a follower since day one)
Ahhh... reminds me of... nevermind.
"The Shield"... Still remains one of the fastest hours on TV.
Amazingly gritty in style and always cutting edge.
OK, back out to the Snack Bar.
"Boris"

IP Logged

bookies_original
Global Moderator

Tigers Town!
Reply #82 - Apr 13th, 2007 at 9:27pm

Quote:
Ahhh... reminds me of... nevermind.

boris?

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
God Member

A Chick & an Artist at
Heart!

Reply #83 - Apr 16th, 2007 at 9:30am

Little Miss Sunshine was quirky, yet excellent... Smiley Glad I bought it when it came out...

Let's see... recent acquisitions in my DVD collection...

Some movies, some TV shows...

Northern Exposure-- I now have the entire 6 seasons.   However, after watching the last season, I am painfully reminded of why I stopped watching that year... They basically faded the show into the woodwork with writers that couldn't keep up the snappy wit and energy of the earlier years of that show.... When they got rid of Rob Morrow (Dr. Joel Fleishman), they essentially killed off the premise of the whole show.. It wasn't long after he left that the show ended for good...... Anyways, it's still one of my favorite shows!!!

Other new movies I bought recently:
Happy Feet (very cute!)
March of the Penguins (Interesting)
Emperor's New Groove (Another Disney film--haven't seen it yet.)
The Princess Bride (yes, an old movie, but still funny none-the-less)

pinkbubelz pinkbubelz  
IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #84 - Apr 17th, 2007 at 3:56am

I thought Little Miss Sunshine had it's moments, but overall I thought it dragged on a bit!  Great cast though!

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

BrewCity
God Member

Milwaukee

Milwaukee
Reply #85 - Apr 17th, 2007 at 5:50am

I saw "Blades of Glory" over the weekend, and laughed my ass off.  Will Ferrell and Jon Heder are both hilarious.   Grin

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
God Member

A Chick & an Artist at
Heart!

Reply #86 - May 18th, 2007 at 11:38pm

Last King of Scotland was graphic in some places, but very good.
I realize it is a fictionalization, but it was supposed to be set in a historical context.
I read somewhere that people actually mistook Forrest Whittaker for Idi Amin--he played the part so well.

One of my new favorite movies is now "Freedom Writers".
It was a powerful movie about a teacher and her students and truly inspirational to me. Very inspirational. It is a testament to how much can be achieved and how many cultural bridges can be made when people are treated with respect.  The DVD extras were good as well.

Solodka-- It was slow at times, but totally led me in a direction I wasn't suspecting... LOL

Brew-- I have been waiting to see Blades of Glory. Will Ferrell for some reason manages to make everything hilariously funny... I don't think I've seen a movie yet that I did not like...  I'll probably wait to get it when it comes out on DVD.

pinkbubelz pinkbubelz  
IP Logged

bookies_original
Global Moderator

Tigers Town!
Reply #87 - Nov 7th, 2007 at 3:03am

one word:

Bella

IP Logged

BrewCity
God Member

Milwaukee

Milwaukee
Reply #88 - Nov 7th, 2007 at 5:47am

Lugosi?

Bookies, have you been watching vampire movies for Halloween?

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #89 - Nov 7th, 2007 at 10:25am

Oh contrare!  Not only did he play a vampire, but he played a gypsy/werewolf in THe Wolfman, he played The Frankenstein Monster in Frankenstein Meets The Wolfman, he played a mad scientist in The Devil Bat, a zombie master in White Zombie and a hunchback shepard, Igor, in The Son of Frankenstein, and that's just to name a few!  Jeez, you need to brush up on your Bela Lugosi trivia Brew! Smiley

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

bookies_original
Global Moderator

Tigers Town!
Reply #90 - Nov 7th, 2007 at 7:49pm

no sillies!!!
the movie "bella"
a great little movie that won the toronto film festival
people's choice award
not too widely released i dont think though.
unfortunately

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #91 - Nov 8th, 2007 at 8:14am

I thought Rob Zombie's version of Halloween was done quite well!  But then again, I love those kind of movies! Wink

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #92 - Nov 8th, 2007 at 11:47pm

Yes! Loved it. Here is something wierd though. I picked up a perfect quality bootleg copy of Rob Zombie's Halloween. We watched it on Halloween night. Whoa, were we surprised! This bootleg must be an eirlier cut of the movie, because it was longer, had some extended  and different scenes, and had a totally different ending than the theatrical version. I am sure that when it is officially released, they will include some of this stuff as bonus features. We also watched Nosferatu, the version with Klaus Kinski, which is one of the creapiest vampire movies ever made.

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #93 - Nov 9th, 2007 at 10:06am

Hmmm..... I saw the production version, but not the released version.  I wonder how that differs!  You will have to let me know!
Did you notice Micky Dolenz in the movie?  I didn't, but he is in the credits!
If you watch it again, see if....

*When Ken Foree climbs out of his truck the wash attendant lifts the hood then goes for a hose. When the camera switches to where Ken's character is walking, you can see in the background the attendant lifts the hood and goes for the hose again.

*When Laurie is walking to school and stops at the Meyes' house she has no backpack, but in the following scene she is carrying one.

*When Laurie is trapped in the Meyers' house her hair goes from curly to straight in each shot.

*When Michael and Big Joe Grizzly fight in the bathroom stall, Michael slams him into the stall wall which collapses into the other stall. In the next scene, before Myers takes the overalls, you can see that the stall wall is back up and only slightly dented.

*During the winter visit to the jail by Dr Loomis; you can see a deciduous tree in the upper left that has leaves that are as green as they are in the summer, yet there is six inches of snow on the ground.

*When Dr. Loomis is walking through the graveyard, the collar on his coat collar goes from up to down when cutting from him to the gravekeeper and back.

*When Michael attacks Dr. Loomis, we clearly see blood coming down Loomis' face, but when Michael drags him into the house afterwards, we get several views of Dr. Loomis' face, and it has no blood on it.

*Two police officers arrive in front of the house where Michael and the kids are. After Michael kills the two police officers, he carries Laurie out the front door but the police car in front of the house is gone.

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #94 - Nov 9th, 2007 at 10:33pm

In the version I have the scene with Micky Dolenz has been deleted (or maybe they didn't film it yet), but he is definitely in the theatrical version as a gun shop owner. Also, in the version I have Loomis lives.

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #95 - Nov 17th, 2007 at 2:01pm

I have the version where Dr. Loomis lives, but where is the gun shop owner part?

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #96 - Nov 17th, 2007 at 10:02pm

The scene with Mickey Dolenz is only in the theatrical version. That scene is not in the DVD that I have.

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
God Member

A Chick & an Artist at
Heart!

Reply #97 - Dec 23rd, 2007 at 1:37pm

Has anyone seen Sweeney Todd yet?
I am a huge Johnny Depp & Tim Burton Fan--they have created some incredible films together!!

pinkbubelz pinkbubelz  
IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #98 - Dec 23rd, 2007 at 11:27pm

Not yet, but I want to!  I heard it was great.  A bit bloody, not for the little ones.  Let me know when you go.

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

bookies_original
Global Moderator

Tigers Town!
Reply #99 - Dec 27th, 2007 at 7:32am

well solodka, its too bad we all couldnt have gotten together during your visit to check out this movie!!
i am trying to see it also!!

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
God Member

A Chick & an Artist at
Heart!

Reply #100 - Jan 9th, 2008 at 4:30am

I just watched "The Kite Runner" at the Main Art Theatre last week. I have not read the book yet, but the movie was very good.

pinkbubelz pinkbubelz  
IP Logged

oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #101 - Apr 28th, 2008 at 9:08am

Just got back from seeing the new Harold and Kumar movie. Hilarious! If you see it, make sure you stay until the final credits all roll. Earlier in the movie you assume something happened which after the credits roll shows you it didn't. Also saw a bootleg of the last Rambo movie. The blood spilling, severed limbs, and brutality are over the top. Loved it! Oh man, do the bad guys pay. Especially loved the scene where the wanna-be rapist gets his throat ripped out by Rambo who does it slowly with his bare hand.

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
God Member

A Chick & an Artist at
Heart!

Reply #102 - May 29th, 2008 at 1:13am

Oldfriend-- have been wanting to see HArold and Kumar--yes, it's silly, but hey, sometimes you just need to let the brain relax a bit. Smiley Definitely not going to see Harold and Kumar for its Oscar prospects... LOL

Solodka-- I bought Sweeney Todd. Yes, it's gory, but actually rather funny (in a dark way) in some parts.   Johnny Depp Rules! (One of these days, I'm going to have to meet him in person!!!)    I'm also an Edgar Allan Poe fan as well, so despite a few of the gory things going on, this was up my alley....

Normally, I don't like "slasher films"... but for some reason, I wasn't scared at all by Sweeney Todd.  Might have been the music (which is great, by the way!--I loved the "Have a Little Priest" song it was Tim Burton-funny... Watch it and you'll see why....)

pinkbubelz pinkbubelz  
IP Logged

oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #103 - May 29th, 2008 at 11:11pm

More or less by accident I found the whole Indiana Jones Crystal Skull movie on line. I just couldn't stop watching it even though I wanted to see it for the first time on the big screen. I'll still go to the show to see it, but I just couldn't stop watching once I started. If you liked the other Indy films, you will like this one as well. Harrison Ford still looks great as Indy, and this film has a lot of the same kind of humor. Some great stunts and action sequences, especially in the second half of the movie, and bringing Karen Allen back as Marion Ravenwood was a great move. Highly recommended.

IP Logged

bookies_original
Global Moderator

Tigers Town!
Reply #104 - May 30th, 2008 at 12:38am

oldfriend, i just saw the movie and thoroughly enjoyed it!
i would recommend it too.
we arent talking oscar material, (unless maybe for special effects) but the movie as a whole was worth the price of admission.
i also finally watched i am legend on dvd.  it started out decent but i thought the ending was too abrupt.
in the process of watching no country for old men at the moment.  might just be the most violent movie i have ever seen!

IP Logged

oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #105 - May 31st, 2008 at 5:41am

Then you obviously have not seen the latest Rambo movie.

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
God Member

A Chick & an Artist at
Heart!

Reply #106 - Jun 16th, 2008 at 1:48pm

Just saw the new Indiana Jones movie-- I'm actually not sure I ever saw all of the original ones in their entirety.  It was definitely a fun one to watch on the big screen.  Don't know why, but I was laughing at some parts where no one else was laughing. I found the humor to be pretty funny!  Now, my hubby & I are thinking of going and getting the original 3 films to watch / re-watch...

I do love the way they left the end of the movie open to the possibilities for another sequel down the line. I don't want to give anything about it away, but don't you agree that they seem to be prepping for yet another sequel?

pinkbubelz pinkbubelz  
IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #107 - Jun 16th, 2008 at 9:06pm

Any movie that has been successful seems to always leave room at the end for more.  Pirates and even Sex In The City.  Hey, when you have closure you can always revisit the prequel right?!!!

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

pinkbubelz
God Member

A Chick & an Artist at
Heart!

Reply #108 - Jul 11th, 2008 at 12:09am

Am I late or what? I haven't seen Sex in the City yet!!

I want to see Get Smart and the new Batman with Heath Ledger-- I hear that he's absolutely psychotic in the role--some folks are talking Oscar-worthy....

Lots of good summer movies going on... Hey, has anyone seen "Wall-E".... LOL Wink

pinkbubelz pinkbubelz  
IP Logged

oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #109 - Aug 13th, 2008 at 11:10am

The Dark Knight on the IMAX screen is AMAZING! Heath Ledger's performance is great beyond description.

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
God Member

A Chick & an Artist at
Heart!

Reply #110 - Sep 14th, 2008 at 11:24am

I just saw Burn After Reading tonight.
It was pretty funny in a bit of an odd, twisted sort of way (with a bit of a jab at our governmental agencies)
Brad Pitt totally nailed the 20-something character part. 
Lots of laughs towards the end of the movie....

Stay for the credits just to hear The Fugs song, "CIA Man"...

pinkbubelz pinkbubelz  
IP Logged

pinkbubelz
God Member

A Chick & an Artist at
Heart!

Reply #111 - Mar 9th, 2009 at 3:32am

Saw Benjamin Button and Slumdog Millionaire.  I give a thumbs up for both!

pinkbubelz pinkbubelz  
IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #112 - Mar 17th, 2009 at 8:26pm

I agree with you Iris!  Also Gran Torino!  The beginning was a little slow, but then it was worth it!

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

buyadodge

KEEP-IN-TOUCH

STERLING
Reply #113 - Mar 22nd, 2009 at 11:45am

WATCHED THE "THE FIGHTING SULLIVANS" ON TMC. A TRUE WWII STORY ABOUT FIVE BROTHERS  ENLISTED IN THE NAVY TOGETHER, BUT ONLY IF THEY WOULD BE ON THE SAME SHIP.  UNDER ATTACK IN THE PACIFIC,  JAP PLANES  STRUCK THEIR SHIP. FIRE SPREAD TO THE AMMUNITION MAGAZINE THE EXPLOSION DESTROYED THEIR SHIP KILLING ALL FIVE BROTHERS. THE SULLIVANS ACT WAS ENACTED TO PREVENT THIS. A SHIP WAS NAMED IN THEIR HONOR.

TWO THUMBS UP!!!!!!!!!

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
God Member

A Chick & an Artist at
Heart!

Reply #114 - Apr 9th, 2009 at 11:57am

solodka wrote on Mar 17th, 2009 at 8:26pm:
I agree with you Iris!  Also Gran Torino!  The beginning was a little slow, but then it was worth it!

Haven't seen Grand Torino yet... may have to put it on my list...

pinkbubelz pinkbubelz  
IP Logged

Isabelle
YaBB Newbies

The Romantics Message
Board

Usa
Reply #115 - Dec 7th, 2010 at 12:05pm

I watched Untinkable,The curious case of Benjamin Button,The pursuit of happiness,Avatat and The Other Guys in the last week.And I am planning to watch Inception,13 and Prince of persia this week.

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
God Member

A Chick & an Artist at
Heart!

Reply #116 - Jan 1st, 2011 at 2:46am

Got Inception and The Blind Side for Christmas! Can't waiti to see those and the newest Harry Potter installment!

Eric and I have netflix and we've pretty much watched every Johnny Depp movie out there.... I'm now working on the 21 Jump Street series (Never saw it when it was 1st aired).

Love, love, LOVE... netflix and the ability to not only watch DVDs, but also to stream movies to my computer!

pinkbubelz pinkbubelz  
IP Logged

marilyn
YaBB Newbies

The Romantics Message
Board

Reply #117 - Jan 1st, 2011 at 6:33pm

cmon isnt Keanu the best looking actor around
and what about soap stars find anyone cute??

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #118 - Jan 9th, 2011 at 10:41pm

Just saw "King's Speech" and loved it!  Such great acting!  Not the kind of film I would have seen on my own, but glad that I did!  Now I want to see 127 Hours!

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.