Welcome, Guest. Please Login

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print
Seen Any Good Movies Lately? (Read 12071 times)
bookies_original
Global Moderator

Tigers Town!
Re: Seen Any Good Movies Lately?
Reply #90 - Nov 7th, 2007 at 7:49pm

no sillies!!!
the movie "bella"
a great little movie that won the toronto film festival
people's choice award
not too widely released i dont think though.
unfortunately

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Always a butterfly lover!

Sunny South Florida
Reply #91 - Nov 8th, 2007 at 8:14am

I thought Rob Zombie's version of Halloween was done quite well!  But then again, I love those kind of movies! Wink

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #92 - Nov 8th, 2007 at 11:47pm

Yes! Loved it. Here is something wierd though. I picked up a perfect quality bootleg copy of Rob Zombie's Halloween. We watched it on Halloween night. Whoa, were we surprised! This bootleg must be an eirlier cut of the movie, because it was longer, had some extended  and different scenes, and had a totally different ending than the theatrical version. I am sure that when it is officially released, they will include some of this stuff as bonus features. We also watched Nosferatu, the version with Klaus Kinski, which is one of the creapiest vampire movies ever made.

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #93 - Nov 9th, 2007 at 10:06am

Hmmm..... I saw the production version, but not the released version.  I wonder how that differs!  You will have to let me know!
Did you notice Micky Dolenz in the movie?  I didn't, but he is in the credits!
If you watch it again, see if....

*When Ken Foree climbs out of his truck the wash attendant lifts the hood then goes for a hose. When the camera switches to where Ken's character is walking, you can see in the background the attendant lifts the hood and goes for the hose again.

*When Laurie is walking to school and stops at the Meyes' house she has no backpack, but in the following scene she is carrying one.

*When Laurie is trapped in the Meyers' house her hair goes from curly to straight in each shot.

*When Michael and Big Joe Grizzly fight in the bathroom stall, Michael slams him into the stall wall which collapses into the other stall. In the next scene, before Myers takes the overalls, you can see that the stall wall is back up and only slightly dented.

*During the winter visit to the jail by Dr Loomis; you can see a deciduous tree in the upper left that has leaves that are as green as they are in the summer, yet there is six inches of snow on the ground.

*When Dr. Loomis is walking through the graveyard, the collar on his coat collar goes from up to down when cutting from him to the gravekeeper and back.

*When Michael attacks Dr. Loomis, we clearly see blood coming down Loomis' face, but when Michael drags him into the house afterwards, we get several views of Dr. Loomis' face, and it has no blood on it.

*Two police officers arrive in front of the house where Michael and the kids are. After Michael kills the two police officers, he carries Laurie out the front door but the police car in front of the house is gone.

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #94 - Nov 9th, 2007 at 10:33pm

In the version I have the scene with Micky Dolenz has been deleted (or maybe they didn't film it yet), but he is definitely in the theatrical version as a gun shop owner. Also, in the version I have Loomis lives.

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #95 - Nov 17th, 2007 at 2:01pm

I have the version where Dr. Loomis lives, but where is the gun shop owner part?

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #96 - Nov 17th, 2007 at 10:02pm

The scene with Mickey Dolenz is only in the theatrical version. That scene is not in the DVD that I have.

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
God Member

A Chick & an Artist at
Heart!

Romantics City! (Detroit, MI)
Reply #97 - Dec 23rd, 2007 at 1:37pm

Has anyone seen Sweeney Todd yet?
I am a huge Johnny Depp & Tim Burton Fan--they have created some incredible films together!!

Never Give Up! Never Surrender! ~ Galaxy Quest&&&&A Romantics Fanatic since the tender age of 14...
pinkbubelz pinkbubelz  
IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Sunny South Florida
Reply #98 - Dec 23rd, 2007 at 11:27pm

Not yet, but I want to!  I heard it was great.  A bit bloody, not for the little ones.  Let me know when you go.

solodkasertze  
IP Logged

bookies_original
Global Moderator

Tigers Town!
Reply #99 - Dec 27th, 2007 at 7:32am

well solodka, its too bad we all couldnt have gotten together during your visit to check out this movie!!
i am trying to see it also!!

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
God Member

A Chick & an Artist at
Heart!

Reply #100 - Jan 9th, 2008 at 4:30am

I just watched "The Kite Runner" at the Main Art Theatre last week. I have not read the book yet, but the movie was very good.

Never Give Up! Never Surrender! ~ Galaxy Quest&&&&A Romantics Fanatic since the tender age of 14...
pinkbubelz pinkbubelz  
IP Logged

oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #101 - Apr 28th, 2008 at 9:08am

Just got back from seeing the new Harold and Kumar movie. Hilarious! If you see it, make sure you stay until the final credits all roll. Earlier in the movie you assume something happened which after the credits roll shows you it didn't. Also saw a bootleg of the last Rambo movie. The blood spilling, severed limbs, and brutality are over the top. Loved it! Oh man, do the bad guys pay. Especially loved the scene where the wanna-be rapist gets his throat ripped out by Rambo who does it slowly with his bare hand.

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
God Member

A Chick & an Artist at
Heart!

Reply #102 - May 29th, 2008 at 1:13am

Oldfriend-- have been wanting to see HArold and Kumar--yes, it's silly, but hey, sometimes you just need to let the brain relax a bit. Smiley Definitely not going to see Harold and Kumar for its Oscar prospects... LOL

Solodka-- I bought Sweeney Todd. Yes, it's gory, but actually rather funny (in a dark way) in some parts.   Johnny Depp Rules! (One of these days, I'm going to have to meet him in person!!!)    I'm also an Edgar Allan Poe fan as well, so despite a few of the gory things going on, this was up my alley....

Normally, I don't like "slasher films"... but for some reason, I wasn't scared at all by Sweeney Todd.  Might have been the music (which is great, by the way!--I loved the "Have a Little Priest" song it was Tim Burton-funny... Watch it and you'll see why....)

pinkbubelz pinkbubelz  
IP Logged

oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #103 - May 29th, 2008 at 11:11pm

More or less by accident I found the whole Indiana Jones Crystal Skull movie on line. I just couldn't stop watching it even though I wanted to see it for the first time on the big screen. I'll still go to the show to see it, but I just couldn't stop watching once I started. If you liked the other Indy films, you will like this one as well. Harrison Ford still looks great as Indy, and this film has a lot of the same kind of humor. Some great stunts and action sequences, especially in the second half of the movie, and bringing Karen Allen back as Marion Ravenwood was a great move. Highly recommended.

IP Logged

bookies_original
Global Moderator

Tigers Town!
Reply #104 - May 30th, 2008 at 12:38am

oldfriend, i just saw the movie and thoroughly enjoyed it!
i would recommend it too.
we arent talking oscar material, (unless maybe for special effects) but the movie as a whole was worth the price of admission.
i also finally watched i am legend on dvd.  it started out decent but i thought the ending was too abrupt.
in the process of watching no country for old men at the moment.  might just be the most violent movie i have ever seen!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.