Welcome, Guest. Please Login

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
Little Steven's Underground Garage (Read 6994 times)
Boris
Ex Member

"Let's Go To Work!"

Little Steven's Underground Garage
May 16th, 2004 at 10:05am

Most of you know my love for this show each week.
PLUS he has really been behind The Romantics, so...
I hereby start a topic dedicated to the best thing on radio
these ears have heard in decades.
This week's show is a classic!
Hey Ho! Let's Go!
"Boris"

EPISODE 111:  RAMONE"S FOREVER!

This weekend Little Steven’s Underground Garage celebrates Joey Ramone's birthday (May 19) with a salute to the Ramones – one of the greatest Rock & Roll bands in history, and, to quote Little Steven, “the most important band since the 60’s."

“We don’t really need a reason to celebrate the Ramones but it happens to be Joey’s birthday May 19, and we make no secret of the fact that our entire format is based on the Ramones,” says Steven.

Little Steven's Underground Garage, the nation's only all-Rock & Roll radio show, airs in most markets on Sunday nights at 10PM. Check our affiliate list for exact coordinates in your city, and tune in!

The Ramones' music is a synthesis of seminal influences: 50's Rockabilly, British Invasion, Girl Groups, Bubblegum, MC5, Stooges, Velvet Underground, Slade, Dictators, and the New York Dolls.

"There is no “Blitzkrieg Bop” without Elvis, Scotty, and Bill's “Good Rockin’ Tonight" – Little Steven

So ignore your parents when they yell at you to turn it down and celebrate The Ramones in the Underground Garage this weekend!

IP Logged

Tizlin
Ex Member

Re: Little Steven's Underground Garage
Reply #1 - May 16th, 2004 at 1:56pm

Speaking of the Ramones...Dee Dee's headstone has finally been installed at Hollywood Forever Cemetery and it is wonderful! Barbara, the monument dept at HFC and myself (yes, that is where I work) really worked hard on the design and I think everyone will be happy.

Linda

IP Logged

oldfriend
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #2 - May 16th, 2004 at 11:32pm

Little Steven's show is without a doubt the best thing on the radio today. If only he could have a 24 hour/7 days a week show. Maybe when hell freezes over.

IP Logged

Boris
Ex Member

"Let's Go To Work!"

Reply #3 - May 17th, 2004 at 8:21am

I agree, it should be on round the clock!
This may help us "LSUG Junkies" out there.
I wish they'd do something with the digital cable channel
24/7 music programming as well.
"Boris"

STEVEN VAN ZANDT JOINS SIRIUS PROGRAMMING TEAM

Van Zandt Will Serve As Creative Advisor, Launch “Underground Garage” Stream On 100% Commercial-Free Satellite Radio Service

CES, LAS VEGAS & NEW YORK – January 6, 2004 – Celebrated musician, actor, and syndicated radio producer Steven Van Zandt has joined the SIRIUS Satellite Radio programming staff as Creative Advisor. Van Zandt will create and program “Underground Garage,” an exclusive, fulltime stream for SIRIUS that will debut later this year. He will also produce other SIRIUS shows and serve as advisor on select other SIRIUS streams.

The agreement with SIRIUS in now way means that Van Zandt's popular weekly terrestrial syndicated radio show is on the way out. It is the only music show that he will continue to host, as his role with SIRIUS is more in the programming and advising vein.

Van Zandt is a pivotal figure in the current rock and roll revival. His internationally syndicated, two-hour radio show, Little Steven’s Underground Garage, reaches nearly a million commercial radio listeners every week. Rolling Stone summed it up as “Mind blowingly great.” The show, credited with spurring a major resurgence in Garage Rock, is now carried on over 130 stations in the U.S. and Canada, and 43 countries through the Voice of America Music Mix Channel.

“SIRIUS is about passion and respect for the music, and I can’t think of anyone who has more passion and respect for music than Steven,” said Joseph P. Clayton, President and Chief Executive Officer, SIRIUS. “Steven will contribute a lifetime’s-worth of sage music experience to the SIRIUS programmers. And, as an accomplished musician, radio programmer and DJ he’ll create an appealing 24/7 rock format that isn’t available anywhere else.”

“I am honored to be part of the SIRIUS Satellite family,” says Van Zandt. “Choice is what freedom is all about and SIRIUS broadcasting an additional 100 channels of music and talk on top of what terrestrial radio already offers can only be a good thing. SIRIUS will be making history by our channel being the only traditional rock and roll format in the country playing new music. All other new music channels or stations are hard rock, hip hop, or pop music based. The potential synergy between my syndicated show on terrestrial radio and the 24-hour Underground Garage format on SIRIUS will be tremendous. The Rock and Roll Revolution is on!”

Click on http://www.sirius.com/ to listen to SIRIUS live, or to find a SIRIUS retailer or car dealer in your area.
« Last Edit: May 17th, 2004 at 9:28am by Boris »  

IP Logged

Boris
Ex Member

"Let's Go To Work!"

Reply #4 - May 25th, 2004 at 1:07am

This past weekend's show summary is attached below.
Even when you THINK you might not be interested...
it always delivers!
PLUS..."Little Steven/Sivio Dante" had an instrumental (no pun)
part in last night's Sopranos.
That is ALL I am saying as not to spoil it for anyone.
Capisce?
"Boris"

Episode 112: BOB DYLAN II
Hey, baby. This isn't Allen Ginsberg and I just want to say you've got a lot of nerve to say you are my friend if you don't tune in to the Underground Garage Celebration of Bob Dylan's birthday. Come gather round people wherever you roam because we got the Animals, the Turtles, the Ramones, the Beatles, the Stones, new music from the Contrast, the Boss Martians and the Supersuckers. Tune in to find out what Jason and the Scorchers and Gary U.S. Bonds have in common. Well I see you got your leopard skin pillbox hat, so please Mrs. Henry, crawl out your window and we'll see you at the Bob Dylan million dollar birthday bash this weekend in the Underground Garage.

IP Logged

oldfriend
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #5 - May 25th, 2004 at 5:36am

Another outstanding show. Man, I wish this show was on EVERYDAY!

IP Logged

Boris
Ex Member

"Let's Go To Work!"

Reply #6 - May 25th, 2004 at 5:49am

Amen, Oldfriend!
I am truly a crusader for LSUG.
Probably the BEST thing I have ever heard on the airwaves.
(just like The Simpsons, better every week!)
"Boris"

IP Logged

Tizlin
Ex Member

Reply #7 - May 26th, 2004 at 6:13pm

Last week on my LAX-Newark flight I sat in front of new Sirius execs returning from a conference...I heard some VERY interesting progaming ideas especially regarding sports and music.

IP Logged

Tizlin
Ex Member

Reply #8 - May 26th, 2004 at 6:20pm

I also finally met little Steven at The Mercury Lounge show...I actually walked up to him with my business card from Hollywood Cemetery...and he was very cool! Especially when I mentioned the DeeDee Ramone connection   Cry
Later when Mike Skill introduced us again, we had a good laugh  Smiley

Lin

IP Logged

BrewCity
Ex Member

Reply #9 - May 29th, 2004 at 2:45am

Along the same lines as Little Steven's show, you can listen to a pretty good mix of garage rock on your pc at http://www.vh1.com/music/radio/stations/garage_bands/station.jhtml.  They program obscure old stuff (Pretty Things, Who, Stooges, Johnny Thunders, Yardbirds, Small Faces, Kinks, Zombies, etc.) and obscure new stuff (Libertines, Von Bondies, Vue, Jet, the Caesars, the Coral, the Hives, etc.)   Sounds pretty good.  I'm really surprised to find this coming from VH1.

IP Logged

Boris
Ex Member

"Let's Go To Work!"

Reply #10 - Jun 5th, 2004 at 6:53am

This weeks fun filled show!
I'll try and at least post the preview
that they announce online each week.
"Boris"

EPISODE 114: DINO AND NANCY

I had the strangest dream last night . . . I was on a planet where all the men looked like Dean Martin and all the women looked like Nancy Sinatra.

I thought I'd died and gone to heaven but then I realized I was in the Underground Garage where we are celebrating Dino and Nancy's birthdays this week.

And look who's invited! The Ramones, the Standells, the Yardbirds, Byrds, Beatles!

New music from the Boss Martians, Supersuckers, the Contrast, the Roolettes, and Patti Smith!

A very cool but surprising Coolest Song in the World This Week!

Not to mention Kinks, the Count Five, Dino, Desi and Billy, and the Dead Boys!

We'll find out what Roy Loney, the Rubinoos, and the Rutles have in common!

Everybody loves boots that are made for walkin' so walk in to the celebration of Dino and Nancy's birthdays.

We'll see you this weekend in the Underground Garage.

~Little Steven~

IP Logged

Boris
Ex Member

"Let's Go To Work!"

Reply #11 - Jun 14th, 2004 at 2:14pm

Episode 115: Monterey Pop
Do your kids hate you? Of course they do! They want to go to rock festivals this summer and you don't want to accompany them because, let's face it, you're old and boring. Well, this is your last chance to be young again before you die, as the Underground Garage this week celebrates the mother of all rock festivals, Monterey Pop. That's right. Check out the show that introduced the Who, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin and Otis Redding to America - at least the white part. We got new music from Roy Loney and the Longshots, the Contrast, and the Boss Martians and cool sounds of Ko and the Knockouts, the Fondas, the Romantics, and the Pretty Things. Find out what Moby Grape, Bo Diddley, Kelly Osbourne, and the Electric Prunes have in common. And where else you gonna find Buffalo Springfield, Iggy Pop, the Paul Butterfield Blues Band and the New York Dolls all hanging out together? Nowhere but our house, baby! It's Monterey Pop. We'll see this weekend in the Underground Garage.

IP Logged

BrewCity
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Jun 14th, 2004 at 10:56pm

According to Episode 115, the Underground Garage Festival will be on August 14th, featuring the Romantics, Chesterfield Kings, Iggy Pop and the Stooges, the New York Dolls, Electric Prunes, Richard & the Young Lions, the Fondas, Boss Martians and more.

I didn't catch the venue.  I'll have to listen again for more details.  I'm pretty sure it's in the New York area.

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Jun 15th, 2004 at 1:27am

OH!!!!!!!!!!!!!  give us the scoop if you hear more! If it's in NYC, I can stay with my sis in Broooklyn!  HOw Cool!

IP Logged

BrewCity
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Jun 15th, 2004 at 1:54am

I think they said Vandals Island, New York.  I don't know where that is, or even if I got the name right.

IP Logged

Tizlin
Ex Member

Reply #15 - Jun 15th, 2004 at 3:27pm

Quote:
According to Episode 115, the Underground Garage Festival will be on August 14th, featuring the Romantics, Chesterfield Kings, Iggy Pop and the Stooges, the New York Dolls, Electric Prunes, Richard & the Young Lions, the Fondas, Boss Martians and more.

I didn't catch the venue.  I'll have to listen again for more details.  I'm pretty sure it's in the New York area.

The Boss Martians are on the bill?!   Tongue  OKAY!!! Gee, so sorry I'll miss them...NOT...
Linda

IP Logged

Boris
Ex Member

"Let's Go To Work!"

Reply #16 - Jun 19th, 2004 at 3:12pm

Here's the Latest...

LITTLE STEVEN'S UNDERGROUND GARAGE
CELEBRATES SUMMER

EPISODE 116: BEACH PARTY!

I know how you feel. This has been the longest winter of your life, right?

Everybody hates their job and they're the lucky ones – the unlucky ones are losing their jobs because the economy is never coming back. And on top of that your wife hates you, your girlfriend's a nag, and the kids are ugly.

But wait! There's still hope. Because surf's up in the Underground Garage, dude, and I'm stoked!

It's Brian Wilson's birthday and it's our totally wicked beach party – yes, the first of the summer! You don't want to miss this, baby.

We got the radical Kinks, Ramones, Monkees, and Dictators, new music from the Reigning Sound, the Woggles, Cotton Mather, and the gnarliest wahinis in Cali, the Donnas!

Be the first one on your block to find out what Jeff Beck, Iggy Pop, Kelly Osbourne, and Gary U.S. Bonds have in common!

And we've even thrown in some reggae to get you in the mood.

It's Beach Boys, Beach Boys, Beach Boys, Jan and Dean, and Johnny Thunders. Johnny Thunders?

Yeah, baby, grab your board and we'll see you this weekend in the Underground Garage.

~Little Steven~

IP Logged

Tizlin
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Jun 19th, 2004 at 4:06pm

So, has anyone confirmed that this is now a 1day show, down from an original 3day festival?  If it has been reduced to one day...I'm curious how long the band's sets may be...  Inquiring minds...

Linda

IP Logged

Boris
Ex Member

"Let's Go To Work!"

Reply #18 - Jun 19th, 2004 at 11:00pm

From the site...

LITTLE STEVEN'S UNDERGROUND GARAGE FESTIVAL

AUGUST 14, 2004

RANDALLS ISLAND

NEW YORK CITY

IP Logged

Boris
Ex Member

"Let's Go To Work!"

Reply #19 - Jun 26th, 2004 at 6:47am

Little Steven's International Underground Garage Festival:
Saturday, August 14, 2004 on Randall's Island in New York City

Iggy Pop & The Stooges, The Strokes, The New York Dolls, Bo Diddley, The Raveonettes and more at history-making concert festival August 14, 2004 on Randall's Island in New York City
Festival is presented by Dunkin' Donuts, sponsors of Little Steven's revolutionary syndicated radio show and nationwide Underground Garage Battle of the Bands.
Iggy Pop & the Stooges, The Strokes, the re-formed New York Dolls, Bo Diddley, the Raveonettes and more of the world's best rock 'n' roll bands will play the Dunkin' Donuts main stage at Little Steven's International Underground Garage Festival August 14, 2004 on Randall's Island in New York City. The show will mark the legendary New York Dolls' first performance on U.S. soil following their reformation at the Meltdown Festival in the UK.
Truly an "international" event, the show will feature the best garage bands from around the globe, including Denmark's Raveonettes, England's The Contrast, Norway's Cocktail Slippers, Canadians The High Dials and The Chains, and Finland's Flaming Sideburns.
In keeping with Little Steven's ongoing mission to bring rock 'n' roll to the masses, advance tickets for the day-long concert are just $20, with $25 tickets available for purchase on the day of the show. Tickets go on sale Friday, June 25 at 10AM through Ticketmaster (212-307-7171, www.ticketmaster.com and all locations).
Little Steven's International Underground Garage Festival, presented by Dunkin' Donuts
WHO:      Iggy Pop & The Stooges, The Strokes, The New York Dolls, The Pretty Things, Bo Diddley, The Raveonettes, The Mooney Suzuki, The Romantics, The Chesterfield Kings, The Fuzztones, The Electric Prunes, and more to be announced.
WHAT:      Non-stop Garage Rock
WHERE:      Randall's Island, New York City
WHEN:      August 14, 2004, 10am-11pm
Also among the performers will be the winner of Little Steven and Dunkin' Donuts' Underground Garage Battle of the Bands, in which unsigned garage bands in nine U.S. cities are currently competing. The overall champion will be decided July 23 at a playoff at New York City's Irving Plaza.
Melding the ethos of Little Steven's smash hit radio show "Little Steven's Undergound Garage" with the atmosphere and non-stop style of Alan Freed's Moondog Coronation Ball, the festival will feature a unique stage and effects designed by legendary Pink Floyd designer Mark Brickman. Among other groundbreaking achievements, the show aims to set the world's record for most go-go dancers appearing in one show.
The festival takes Little Steven's revolution and partnership with Dunkin' Donuts to a new level. His radio show, which is sponsored by Dunkin' Donuts, airs weekly on 132 stations across North America and in more than 40 countries around the world. It has been instrumental in exposing new artists and bringing the sounds of raw rock 'n' roll to a mass audience (nearly a million listeners in North America each week.) Bringing choice and personality back to radio, "Underground Garage" has inspired new formats and stations across the country, in addition to a forthcoming "Underground Garage" channel on SIRIUS satellite radio. With the International Underground Garage Festival, Steven and Dunkin' Donuts promise to make the same impact on the concert industry.

IP Logged

Tizlin
Ex Member

Reply #20 - Jun 27th, 2004 at 7:05pm

Oh MY...IGGY w/ the Stooges (!!!!), NY Dolls, Romantics, Pretty Things, Chesterfield Kings (!) +...  Slap me   Grin

I'm so there...well...that is if Fran picks me up from the airport  Roll Eyes

Lin

PS
Oh yeah, the Boss Martians (I only said that out of friendship to Mr. Wicks)   Cheesy

IP Logged

Boris
Ex Member

"Let's Go To Work!"

Reply #21 - Jun 27th, 2004 at 11:19pm

The latest...

Little Steven's International Underground Garage Festival: Iggy Pop & The Stooges, The Strokes, The New York Dolls, Bo Diddley, The Raveonettes and more at history-making concert festival August 14, 2004 on Randall's Island in New York City

Confirmed to appear: Iggy Pop & The Stooges, The New York Dolls, The Pretty Things, Bo Diddley, The Raveonettes, The Mooney Suzuki, The Romantics, The Electric Prunes, The Chesterfield Kings, The Fuzztones, The Cynics, The Stems, The Chains, The Singles, The Contrast, The Woggles, The Boss Martians, The High Dials, The Forty-Fives, The Shazam, The C o c k tail Slippers, The Star Spangles, The Charms, and the Flaming Sideburns (More TBA)
« Last Edit: Jul 4th, 2004 at 4:38am by Boris »  

IP Logged

Tizlin
Ex Member

Reply #22 - Jun 29th, 2004 at 2:56pm

Quote:
The latest...

Little Steven's International Underground Garage Festival: Iggy Pop & The Stooges, The Strokes, The New York Dolls, Bo Diddley, The Raveonettes and more at history-making concert festival August 14, 2004 on Randall's Island in New York City

Confirmed to appear: Iggy Pop & The Stooges, The New York Dolls, The Pretty Things, Bo Diddley, The Raveonettes, The Mooney Suzuki, The Romantics, The Electric Prunes, The Chesterfield Kings, The Fuzztones, The Cynics, The Stems, The Chains, The Singles, The Contrast, The Woggles, The Boss Martians, The High Dials, The Forty-Fives, The Shazam, The Cocktail Slippers, The Star Spangles, The Charms, and the Flaming Sideburns (More TBA)

Wow...A PowerPop dream...   Grin

Lin

IP Logged

Boris
Ex Member

"Let's Go To Work!"

Reply #23 - Jul 3rd, 2004 at 11:38am

This Week's Show

LITTLE STEVEN'S
UNDERGROUND GARAGE
CELEBRATES
FILM NOIR

EPISODE 118: FILM NOIR (U.R.)

you've run away . . . you've hidden out . . . you've changed your name, sweetheart, but you can't seem to escape.

why has your color suddenly gone to black and white?

why is that neon sign outside blinking and half burned out?

why are there shadows of venetian blinds across your chest?

why are you doing a bad imitation of humphrey bogart?

you must be in the Underground Garage tribute to Film Noir!

we got good guys, we got bad guys -- but we don't know who's who.

we got strangeloves, vipers, cynics and vamps . . . but then again there are crybabies, knickerbockers, raiders, and hollies. there will be a payback or two i'll tell ya that.

outside it's reigning sound and the next sonic monochord you hear will be a forty-five giving somebody a real heat treatment.

the buzz c o c k s are circling.

who will beat the system and who will end up in shangri-la?

grab your popcorn and raveonettes and find out this week in the Underground Garage.

~Little Steven~
« Last Edit: Jul 4th, 2004 at 4:37am by Boris »  

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
Ex Member

Reply #24 - Jul 4th, 2004 at 3:24am

Thingytails?
Buzzthingy?

Love the YABB Censor!

IP Logged

Boris
Ex Member

"Let's Go To Work!"

Reply #25 - Jul 4th, 2004 at 4:39am

Un thingying believeable.
"Boris"

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
Ex Member

Reply #26 - Jul 4th, 2004 at 8:30am

Quote:
Un thingying believeable.
"Boris"

Crazy, ain't it?

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
Ex Member

Reply #27 - Jul 4th, 2004 at 8:31am

I crappity smacking think I'm going to have a cocktail while watching The Romantics.  Ain't life a bitch?

Sorry Bookies, I couldn't help it!  Wink

IP Logged

Tizlin
Ex Member

Reply #28 - Jul 5th, 2004 at 1:06pm

Quote:
I crappity smacking think I'm going to have a cocktail while watching The Romantics.  Ain't life a bitch?

Sorry Bookies, I couldn't help it!  Wink

Okay, I'm confused...how come the last part of the quoted sentence (the preg dog bit) changes when it is copied? I was confused about the pregnant dog comment and when I copied and quoted the sentence it changed to what I assume is the original composition?  Shocked
Curious   

Lin

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
Ex Member

Reply #29 - Jul 6th, 2004 at 9:17am

Quote:
Okay, I'm confused...how come the last part of the quoted sentence (the preg dog bit) changes when it is copied? I was confused about the pregnant dog comment and when I copied and quoted the sentence it changed to what I assume is the original composition?  Shocked
Curious  

Lin

Hey Tizlin... dunno... I was just goofing around-- as this message board has a mind of it's own!!!LOL

BTW-- Let coz know that it was nice to see that he has more in his wardrobe than the Rolling Stones shirt-- he looked great in his red shirt and white Romo "wifebeater".... (until he started sweating...LOL)

--Iris

IP Logged

Tizlin
Ex Member

Reply #30 - Jul 6th, 2004 at 10:51am

Quote:
Hey Tizlin... dunno... I was just goofing around-- as this message board has a mind of it's own!!!LOL

BTW-- Let coz know that it was nice to see that he has more in his wardrobe than the Rolling Stones shirt-- he looked great in his red shirt and white Romo "wifebeater".... (until he started sweating...LOL)

--Iris

What Coz sweats?!  He was always the 'safe' one to stand in front of during shows, now where will I go to avoid flying sweat...   Tongue 
BTW, at least you see him in the Stones tshirt, I usually see the vintage Barry Manilow...when I wear my Bay City Rollers tshirt we are afraid to stand next to each other in fear of the fashion police  8)

Lin

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
Ex Member

Reply #31 - Jul 6th, 2004 at 1:02pm

Quote:
What Coz sweats?!  He was always the 'safe' one to stand in front of during shows, now where will I go to avoid flying sweat...   Tongue  
BTW, at least you see him in the Stones tshirt, I usually see the vintage Barry Manilow...when I wear my Bay City Rollers tshirt we are afraid to stand next to each other in fear of the fashion police  8)

Lin

Too funny.... my hubby said that you could have played "spot the Californian" because Coz was the least sweaty  of the guys-- to him the weather must have felt like a cool breeze... LOL

IP Logged

Tizlin
Ex Member

Reply #32 - Jul 6th, 2004 at 2:19pm

Quote:
Too funny.... my hubby said that you could have played "spot the Californian" because Coz was the least sweaty  of the guys-- to him the weather must have felt like a cool breeze... LOL

Grin Okay so you are saying you can spot the Californian by our sweat level...interesting... Undecided

Linda
(who believes humidity and snow are God's curse and is very thankful she was born in S.Cal...    Grin )

IP Logged

lmk
Ex Member

Reply #33 - Jul 7th, 2004 at 5:42am

Okay...whose going to this show?  I wasn't going to, but after having so much fun last night at tastefest...I may consider the trip.   Grin

IP Logged

Tizlin
Ex Member

Reply #34 - Jul 7th, 2004 at 7:16am

well, I must admit I'm still toying with the idea, depending on airfare...but the thought of NY in August (I HATE humidity!!!!) brings me back to reality...   Undecided

Linda

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
Ex Member

Reply #35 - Jul 7th, 2004 at 10:16am

I hope you come to NYC Tizlin & LMK!!!
I'm really thinking of going... gotta see about either driving up or taking a flight out... Smiley

It would be cool to meet tizlin in person & to maybe actually hang out with the guys? (hint hint hint)
--Iris

IP Logged

bookiesoriginal
Ex Member

Reply #36 - Jul 8th, 2004 at 7:31am

have any of us detroit locals looked into how far mile wise it is and whether or not it is a doable drive?
airfare was running around $200 RT from detroit.
if the 3 of us split the driving and expenses, i am sure it would be much cheaper.

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
Ex Member

Reply #37 - Jul 8th, 2004 at 12:27pm

I've driven to NYC... I think if I remember correctly the drive is about 12 hours or so...  More than likely, we might be able to crash at my sister's place (although everyone would probably have to bring sleeping bags...)

We should talk soon-- I won't be able to be on the board much from July 12 - 30th...

--Iris

IP Logged

Tizlin
Ex Member

Reply #38 - Jul 9th, 2004 at 1:45pm

Quote:
I hope you come to NYC Tizlin & LMK!!!
I'm really thinking of going... gotta see about either driving up or taking a flight out... Smiley

It would be cool to meet tizlin in person & to maybe actually hang out with the guys? (hint hint hint)
--Iris

Iris
I would love to meet you in person too...
BTW, Coz does recognize you by name whenever I mention you (Although sometimes it takes a minute or so for the brain cells to fire-up...   Grin )

Tiz(Lin)

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
Ex Member

Reply #39 - Jul 10th, 2004 at 12:10am

LOL...
That's cool, Tizlin! Smiley

Maybe the brain cells are fighting the Budweiser... LOL  Cheesy

I am really hoping to get to NYC in August-- If my sister will let me crash with her, all the better!  have a few artist friends there as well, so I hope to see them, too!

So, we should all start planning this road trip!

--Iris

IP Logged

Boris
Ex Member

"Let's Go To Work!"

Reply #40 - Jul 10th, 2004 at 6:11am

Underground Garage Channel Takes to the Airwaves July 7, 2004

SIRIUS Satellite Radio launched the Underground Garage Channel on Wednesday, July 7. "We constantly enhance our lineup of commercial-free music channels to provide our subscribers with programming they can't get anywhere else," said Steve Blatter, SIRIUS VP of Music Programming. "That's because we have freedoms commercial radio can't imagine. While most radio programmers are juggling 18 commercial minutes per hour, SIRIUS programmers are listening to brand new music, seeking deeper music cuts and spending more time with their listeners."
Underground Garage // Channel 25: Produced by E Street Band member and The Sopranos cast member "Little Steven" Van Zandt, Underground Garage is where you can hear the coolest rock 'n' roll records ever made. Whether they're 50 years old or 50 minutes old; if they're rocking, they're coming from the Underground Garage.
Currently the station is music-only, airstaff will be added in mid-August.

IP Logged

Boris
Ex Member

"Let's Go To Work!"

Reply #41 - Jul 10th, 2004 at 6:12am

Episode 119: Jack Nitszche (U.R.) - Weekend of July 11, 2004
LITTLE STEVEN'S
UNDERGROUND GARAGE
CELEBRATES
JACK NITZSCHE
Okay kids, time for a pop quiz.
Who is the Secretary of Defense?
What's the capital of North Dakota?
What is the capital of the Chase Manhattan Bank?
Who arranged all the great Spector records, did a bunch of film soundtracks, and is a great producer too?
The answers are: who cares, I don't know, I don't know, and Jack Nitzsche!
We're celebrating him this week in the Underground Garage!
We've got the Turtles, Randy Newman, Graham Parker and the Rumour,
Neil Young, the Yardbirds, and Mink DeVille.
New music from the Forty-Fives, the High Dials, the Contrast, Reigning Sound, and the Paybacks.
We've got special guest Andrew Loog Oldham talking about Jack working with the Rolling Stones. And tune in to find out what Crazy Horse, the Crystals, and the Monkees have in common.
It's the coolest rock 'n roll records ever made.
We'll see you this weekend in the Underground Garage.
~Little Steven~

IP Logged

Boris
Ex Member

"Let's Go To Work!"

Reply #42 - Jul 17th, 2004 at 8:41am

Episode 120: The Big Idea
(Updated Repeat)
Weekend of July 18, 2004
LITTLE STEVEN'S
UNDERGROUND GARAGE
CELEBRATES
BIG IDEAS
What do you hear?
What do you say?
What's the big idea?
I'll tell you the big idea.
How 'bout a radio show that plays the coolest rock and roll songs ever recorded?
How's that for big?
Yeah.
We'll have the Who, the Beatles, the Stones and the Kinks.
New music from the Paybacks, the Forty-Fives, Reigning Sound, the Contrast, and Sahara Hotnights.
Cooler than cool stuff from Wayne Kramer, the other Birds, and the other Johnny Thunder.
Come find out what Richard Hell, Randy California, Wendy Case and Gene Vincent have in common.
We'll see you this weekend, in the elephant's graveyard of big ideas, otherwise known as the Underground Garage.
~Little Steven~

IP Logged

bookiesoriginal
Ex Member

Reply #43 - Jul 17th, 2004 at 10:27pm

Quote:
Cooler than cool stuff from Wayne Kramer

how cool is this?  Wayne Kramer getting a mention from Little Steven.

IP Logged

Boris
Ex Member

"Let's Go To Work!"

Reply #44 - Jul 18th, 2004 at 6:43am

http://www.littlestevensundergroundgarage.com/festival/index.html

IP Logged

Boris
Ex Member

"Let's Go To Work!"

Reply #45 - Jul 24th, 2004 at 10:34pm

Episode 121: LOVE - Weekend of July 25, 2004

LITTLE STEVEN'S UNDERGROUND GARAGE
CELEBRATES LOVE AND THE LACK THEREOF

Are you lonely?

Did your wife take off with your accountant because he has a more exciting life than you do?

Did your girlfriend split with your brother because he reminded her of you?

Does your hand creep unconsciously toward the phone late at night when the blow up doll commercial comes on?

Did the town hooker ever turn you down because you weren't her type?

Well join us this week in the Underground Garage where we explore love and all of its horrors.

And helping us to explain the mysteries of romantic frustration are the Beatles, the Rolling Stones, the Kinks, the Byrds, and the Ramones.

New music from the Sahara Hotnights, the Forty-Fives, the Reigning Sound, the Paybacks, the High Dials, and very cool stuff from Social Distortion, Rocket from the Crypt, Dion and Them.

Find out what Arthur Alexander, Bob Dylan, and Sam Kinison have in common as we put forth the theory that all you need is love... But a little cash never hurts.

~Little Steven~

IP Logged

Boris
Ex Member

"Let's Go To Work!"

Reply #46 - Aug 2nd, 2004 at 9:19am

Sunday, August 01, 2004

Episode 122: REVENGE - Weekend of August 1, 2004

Last week on As the Underground Garage Turns we were discussing love and all of its attendant horrors.

But now it's time to act like a man! That's right!

Evolve . . . Evolve you fool! Let that unrequited love turn into revenge.

And to celebrate our desperate search for some pride we're partying this week with the Remains, the Ramones, the Rascals, the Raiders, and the Rolling Stones.

New music from the Hives, the Paybacks, Sahara Hotnights, and the Forty-Fives.

A preview of the first and coolest Garage Rock festival ever - August 14th at Randall's Island, New York.

Find out what Howlin' Wolf, Bobby Fuller, and the Grassroots have in common.

It's the big payback, baby! REVENGE - this weekend in the Underground Garage.

~Little Steven~

IP Logged

bookiesoriginal
Ex Member

Reply #47 - Aug 2nd, 2004 at 6:53pm

if any of you are howard stern fans, little steven will be on his radio show this morning between 7:30-9:00.

IP Logged

bookiesoriginal
Ex Member

Reply #48 - Aug 2nd, 2004 at 11:29pm

well, as i expected, howard stern didnt give steven a chance to talk much about anything.  stern was obsessed with asking questions about springsteen.
little steven did manage one itty bitty plug about the garage fest but only mentioned iggy and the stooges, ny dolls, electric prunes, bo diddley.
no romantics.  Sad

IP Logged

Boris
Ex Member

"Let's Go To Work!"

Reply #49 - Aug 9th, 2004 at 12:01pm

Sunday, August 08, 2004

Episode 123: REBIRTH - Weekend of August 8, 2004

Did you ever get the feeling you've been here before? A conversation or event feels familiar. You meet a stranger you feel like you've known your entire life. In other words, you hate them right away. Well you're not alone. It's deja vu all over again. Join us as we celebrate rebirth this week in the Underground Garage. Contributing to the karma will be the Nazz, Traffic, the Kinks, and Cream. New music from the Paybacks, the Forty Fives, the Insomniacs, the Hives. Very cool stuff from the Flaming Groovies, Mooney Suzuki, the Pretty Things, and the Easybeats. Find out what Donovan, Irma Thomas, Iggy Pop and Johnny Thunder have in common. No, not that Johnny Thunders, the other one. It's hello Dalai - Lama, that is. Join us as we reinvent ourselves, and continue to reincarnate until we get it right.
~Little Steven~

IP Logged

One In A Million
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #50 - Aug 9th, 2004 at 2:21pm

On MTV2:

Little Steven's Underground Garage A-Go-Go
A one-hour comp special around the performance of 40 just-signed bands @ Irving Plaza. Created from Little Steven Van Zandt's underground bands radio show.

Mon 08/09
8:00 PM

Tue 08/10 
10:00 AM

Thu 08/12 
12:00 AM

Thu 08/12 
5:00 PM

Fri 08/13 
8:00 AM

Sat 08/14 
2:00 AM

IP Logged

Boris
Ex Member

"Let's Go To Work!"

Reply #51 - Aug 9th, 2004 at 2:44pm

Thanks for the heads-up!
I just caught it tonight.
I will be recording it next time.
Great radio show this past weekend as well.
Hands down, STILL the best thing on radio.
"Boris"

IP Logged

bookiesoriginal
Ex Member

Reply #52 - Aug 12th, 2004 at 7:52am

little steven will be on conan obrien tonight......hopefully plugging the underground festival like crazy and maybe even giving the romantics a nice plug too! Grin

IP Logged

Boris
Ex Member

"Let's Go To Work!"

Reply #53 - Aug 14th, 2004 at 7:24am

Friday, August 13, 2004
LITTLE STEVEN'S INTERNATIONAL UNDERGROUND GARAGE FESTIVAL SAT. AUG. 14
Little Steven's International Underground Garage Festival
Presented by Dunkin' Donuts
Randall's Island, New York City
Saturday August 14, 2004
Gates open at 10am
Non-Stop Music 10:30am to 11pm

Venue Rules: No Weapons, Chains or Spikes / No Cameras / No Drugs /
No Coolers, Bottles or Cans / No Outside Food or Beverages / No Pets /
No Chairs / No Umbrellas / No Fireworks / No Flyers

IN ORDER OF APPEARANCE:
The Sexy Magazines
Davie Allan & The Arrows
The Chains
The Star Spangles
The Gore Gore Girls
The Swingin' Neckbreakers
Muck and The Mires
The Caesars
The High Dials
The Fondas
The Contrast
The Singles
The Fleshtones
Jarvis Humby
The Blackouts
The Cocktail Slippers
Richard and the Young Lions
The Flaming Sideburns
The Boss Martians
The Charms
The Cynics
Lyres
The Stems
The Woggles
The Chocolate Watchband
The Shazam
The Electric Prunes
The Fuzztones
The Creation
The Chesterfield Kings
4 PM The Mooney Suzuki
4:15PM The Paybacks
4:25PM The Pete Best Band
4:40PM The Forty-Fives
4:50PM The D4
5:05PM The Romantics
5:25PM Nancy Sinatra
5:45PM The Dictators
6:05PM Big Star
6:25PM Bo Diddley
6:55PM The Raveonettes
7:15PM The Pretty Things
7:50PM The New York Dolls
8:45PM The Strokes
9:35PM Iggy Pop and the Stooges

ANY CHANGES WILL BE POSTED THROUGHOUT THE DAY.

HOSTS:
Chuck Barris
Edd 'Kookie' Byrnes
James Gandolfini
Kim Fowley
Martin Lewis
Tony 'Paulie Walnuts' Sirico
Kid Leo
Vinny 'Big Pussy' Pastore
Bruce Springsteen

Bruce Springsteen and James Gandolfini are among the guest hosts who have signed on for Little Steven's International Underground Garage Festival this Saturday. The list so far also includes Chuck Barris, Edd "Kookie" Byrnes, Kim Fowley, Vinny "Big Pussy" Pastore, Martin Lewis, Kid Leo, and Tony "Paulie Walnuts" Sirico with more big names to be announced.
In other news, director Chris Columbus (Harry Potter, Mrs. Doubtfire) has signed on to make a film of the festival.
A culmination of Steven Van Zandt's tireless efforts of the past few years to bring rock 'n' roll to the masses, Little Steven's International Underground Garage Festival, presented by Dunkin' Donuts, is shaping up to be the most important rock event of the summer. The extravaganza is this Saturday, August 14 at Randalls Island in New York. The Festival unites, on a once-in-a-lifetime bill, major names from 50 years of rock history, starting with Bo Diddley, through garage kings like the Stooges and the Pretty Things and a stellar contingent of new faces like the Strokes and the Raveonettes. Raquel, a sixty foot long, twenty foot tall, psychedelic body-painted blowup go-go girl, will welcome concert-goers to the rock n roll revue.

Advance tickets for the day-long concert are just $20, with $25 tickets available for purchase on the day of the show. Tickets are on sale through Ticketmaster (212-307-7171, www.ticketmaster.com).

Melding the ethos of Little Steven's smash hit radio show "Little Steven's Undergound Garage" with the atmosphere and non-stop style of Alan Freed's Moondog Coronation Ball, the festival will feature a unique stage and effects designed by legendary Pink Floyd designer Marc Brickman. Among other groundbreaking achievements, the show aims to set the world's record for most go-go dancers appearing in one show.
« Last Edit: Aug 15th, 2004 at 12:37am by Boris »  

IP Logged

VeeRock
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #54 - Aug 19th, 2004 at 9:28am

another great Garage show is WFMU 91.1  on sundays in the NYC area. you can also hear it online WFMU.ORG , it has lots of archives.

IP Logged

Boris
Ex Member

"Let's Go To Work!"

Reply #55 - Aug 22nd, 2004 at 9:50am

Episode 125:
MOHAIR SAM (U.R.)
-Weekend of August 22, 2004

Whatever happened to MYSTERY?

Everything is too obvious in this Information Age.

It's boring, I tell you. It's boring.

So here's a mystery for you. Who is Mohair Sam?

You have to come to the Underground Garage this weekend to find out.

And helping us figure this out will be the Rolling Stones, Raspberries, Romantics, and Ramones.

Not to mention Buzzcocks, Byrds, Beatles, and Beau Brummels.

New music from the Hives, Sahara Hotnights, the Paybacks, the Forty-Fives, and the Insomniacs.

Find out what Elvis Costello, Elmore James, Iggy Pop, and Peter Wolf have in common.

Who is Mohair Sam?

Find out this weekend in the Underground Garage.

~Little Steven~

IP Logged

Boris
Ex Member

"Let's Go To Work!"

Reply #56 - Aug 28th, 2004 at 10:31am

Episode 126
SUMMER'S GIRLS
(Updated Repeat)
Weekend of August 29, 2004

Are you finally getting over that broken heart?

Finally able to get some work done?

Finally focused on the things that really matter in life . . .
like your car, your backyard, and your golf game?

Well that's all over now, because here come the Girls of Summer
to the Underground Garage this week to remind us what frustration,
rejection, and humiliation are all about.

And making sense of it all are the Pretty Things, the Fuzztones,
the Clash, and the Cult.
Not to mention Monkees, Morticians, Moby Grape, and the MC5.

New music from Jarvis Humby and the Insomniacs.

Find out what Donovan, Tommy Roe, Stiv Bators,
and Bob Dylan have in common.

And get Joey Ramone's stock tips.

All in the same show!

We'll see you and the Girls of Summer
this weekend in the Underground Garage.

~Little Steven~

IP Logged

Teresalita
Ex Member

Reply #57 - Sep 2nd, 2004 at 4:15am

Sorry if someone else has posted this info but I just saw it on the Backstreets website.
This is in regards to the Aug 14th Underground Garage show.
SPRINGSTEEN-A-GO-GO
Bruce was one of several Friends of Steve to serve as an official host for Little Steven's International Underground Garage Festival on Saturday August 14, along with wiseguys James Gandolfini, Vinny Pastore, and Tony Sirico. He didn't play, but Springsteen was onstage to introduce the Chesterfield Kings and, appropriately enough, the Boss Martians.

In case you missed the rawk extravaganza (also including the New York Dolls, Iggy & the Stooges, and Backstreets faves The Mooney Suzuki), it's coming to the silver screen next year. A film is in the works, directed by Chris Columbus and planned for 2005 release. (This is in place of a showing originally scheduled for late this month at cinemas around the U.S.)

Teresa

IP Logged

Andrew
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #58 - Sep 2nd, 2004 at 8:02am

Didnt Chris Columbus direct the first few Harry Potter flicks?

Hopefully this movie idea wont die.. it would be something I'd LOVE to see.

IP Logged

Boris
Ex Member

"Let's Go To Work!"

Reply #59 - Sep 5th, 2004 at 12:00am

Saturday, September 04, 2004
FESTIVAL RE-BROADCAST AND ON-AIR DJS DEBUT ON SIRIUS SATELLITE RADIO UNDERGROUND GARAGE CHANNEL 25

SIRIUS SATELLITE RADIO // UNDERGROUND GARAGE // CHANNEL 25

Saturday, September 4 and Monday, September 6 - Rebroadcast of the International Underground Garage Festival on August 14th at Randalls Island. Begins at Noon Eastern Standard Time.

Sunday, September 5 - the debut of on-air DJs on the channel. (all times Eastern)
7AM - 11AM // Handsome Dick Manitoba
11AM - 3PM // Kid Leo
3PM - 7PM // Andrew Loog Oldham
7PM - 11PM // Kim Fowley
11PM - 3AM // Bill Kelly

These Djs will be heard every Saturday and Sunday from now on.

Bill Kelly, WFMU's legendary 'Guru of the Garage' began his broadcasting career at WCHC in Worcester, Mass. in 1969. He has had the longest running Garage Rock radio show in history {"The Teenage Wasteland"} on WFMU in Jersey City, NJ for twenty-five years. In addition, the self-proclaimed 'Black Hole of Rock and Roll' is a long-time avid collector and authority on obscure 60's Garage Rock music.

Andrew Loog Oldham's incredible show business career started at 16 when he worked for 1960's iconographic fashion designer Mary Quant. Shortly afterward he entered the world of pop music publicity and worked on the UK tours of Little Richard, Sam Cooke, Chris Montez, and Bob Dylan. He handled the Beatles' early PR when they were just hitting the charts in England. After meeting the Rolling Stones, he became their co-manager and produced their first ten albums. In 1965 Oldham formed the first indie record label in England, Immediate, which produced the likes of the Small Faces, Fleetwood Mac, and Humble Pie. He has written two volumes of an acclaimed biography, Stoned and 2Stoned. Stoned is available in the United States through St. Martins Press.

Dictators' frontman Handsome Dick Manitoba's brash attitude and braggadocio has wowed audiences across the globe, most recently at the high profile International Underground Garage Festival on Randalls Island August 14 where the original band reunited. Since 1999 Manitoba has been the proprietor of the world's greatest neighborhood punk rock 'n' roll bar, Manitoba's, on the Lower East Side of New York City.

Kim Fowley's radio career began as an assistant to Alan Freed at KDAY-AM in Los Angeles. He is known as an acclaimed record producer (Runaways, Blue Cheer, Slade, Gene Vincent, and more); songwriter (Dead Boys, Cheap Trick, Nirvana, Alice Cooper, Byrds, Van Halen, and more); MC of John Lennon's "Live Peace In Toronto" concert in 1969 with Lennon and Eric Clapton; actor ("Mayor Of The Sunset Strip," 2004). His musical knowledge knows no bounds and he is a Sonic Cheerleader for 21st Century Rock and Roll.

Kid Leo defines the glory days of FM radio. He started at Cleveland's flagship rock station WMMS in 1973 and ruled the airwaves for the better part of two decades. He broke acts like Roxy Music, KISS, Bon Jovi, and Bruce Springsteen to the very important midwest market. He is the only person in history known to ever MC a Bruce Springsteen concert, which he did at every Cleveland appearance Springsteen made, be it small club or stadium. Leo moved to New York in 1988 to become Vice President of Artist Development at Columbia Records, during which time helped launch the careers of Shawn Colvin, Alice In Chains, and Train, and created the first AAA department at a major label. In addition to being a broadcast personality on the Underground Garage Channel, Leo is also Operations Manager.

WWW.SIRIUS.COM - GO THERE TO SIGN UP OR TO GET A FREE THREE-DAY LISTENING PASS!

Visit our Underground Garage Channel page for information on the contemporary artists we're playing and how you can get their material.

IP Logged

Boris
Ex Member

"Let's Go To Work!"

Reply #60 - Sep 5th, 2004 at 12:02am

Tuesday, August 31, 2004
Episode 127: BACK TO SCHOOL
(Updated Repeat)
- Weekend of September 5, 2004

ARE WE HAVING FUN YET?

The Beach Boy . . bikinis . . . reggae music . . . bikinis . . .
volleyball . . . skateboards . . . Did I mention bikinis?

Summertime, baby. Forget it. It's over.

It's back to the frustration, the humiliation,
the depressing horror show we like to call reality.

It's the Underground Garage Back to School Special featuring
Yardbirds, Kinks, Gants, Replacements, and the Dave Clark Five.

New music from the Hives, the Insomniacs, and Mooney Suzuki.

Find out what Eddie Cochran, Jimi Hendrix, Lee Hazlewood,
and the Shangri-Las have in common.

It's too cool for school, baby.

It's the Underground Garage Back to School Special.

See you this weekend.

~Little Steven~

IP Logged

Boris
Ex Member

"Let's Go To Work!"

Reply #61 - Sep 11th, 2004 at 3:04pm

Episode 128:
MONKEE TIME
- Weekend of September 12, 2004

Have you had quite enough with the hurricanes, the political conventions,
and the depressing news that The Sopranos won't be back until '06?

Well don't worry about a thing because this week in the
Underground Garage we are celebrating the Monkees!

No, not those Neanderthals that are running for President;
the TV show that turned into a rock group.

Helping us celebrate will be Beatles, Miracles, and Woggles.

New music from the Insomniacs, the Hives, the Forty Fives, the Paybacks,
Mooney Suzuki, and the Rainy Day Saints.

Find out what Paul Butterfield, the Beach Boys
and Rufus Thomas have in common.

It's Rolling Stones!

It's Sex Pistols!

It's your favorite primates: Monkees, Monkees, and more Monkees.

This week, in the Underground Garage.

~Little Steven~

IP Logged

Boris
Ex Member

"Let's Go To Work!"

Reply #62 - Sep 18th, 2004 at 3:03pm

Episode 129:
NEW NETHERLANDS (Updated Repeat)
- Weekend of September 19, 2004

You've been to the beach all summer . . . out on the golf course . . .
family trips to the country. Let's face it. You've been breathing too
much almost clean air.

But we'll fix that.

This weekend in the Underground Garage it's Mean Streets,
Dog Day Afternoon, Public Enemy, Little Caesar, and Guys and Dolls.

It's a celebration of New York and New Jersey.

Joining us will be Blues Magoos, Blondie, and Belmonts;
not to mention Dolls, Dictators, and Darts!

New music from Mooney Suzuki, the Insomniacs,
the Rainy Day Saints, and the Hawaii Mud Bombers.

Find out why Garland Jeffreys, Jim Carroll and Bob Dyla
all love the Chiffons.

Are you talking to me? Yeah, I'm talking to you.

Bring your cards and dice and I'll see you this weekend
in the Underground Garage.

~Little Steven~

IP Logged

Boris
Ex Member

"Let's Go To Work!"

Reply #63 - Sep 27th, 2004 at 10:51am

Episode 130:
FLASHBACK-THE TRIP (Updated Repeat)
- Weekend of  September 26, 2004

Are you finding the information age a bit oppressive?
Has more information delivered quicker somehow left you with less time?
Is everything being organized and in its place and having to be done precisely
and at a certain time making you claustrophobic, people phobic and insane?
Well turn off your mind, relax and float downstream to the Underground Garage
where we will take you to a better place for two hours and perhaps an eternity!
Tour guides on our trip include no less than the Beatles, the Rolling Stones,
the Byrds and the Ramones. New music from the Hawaii Mud Bombers,
the Insomniacs, Mooney Suzuki, Jarvis Humby, and the Rainy Day Saints.
Find out what Graham Parker, Lou Reed, Arthur Lee, Donovan,
and Nancy Sinatra have in common.
This is one trip your travel agent can't commission.
Tune in, turn on, drop out this weekend in the Underground Garage.

~Little Steven~

IP Logged

Boris
Ex Member

"Let's Go To Work!"

Reply #64 - Oct 2nd, 2004 at 6:46am

Episode 131: FUN WITH MUSIC DAY
- Weekend of October 3, 2004

Family Values, Family Values, Family Values...
if I hear Family Values one more time I'm gonna throw up.
Where did it all begin? What happened to fun, freedom
and decadence and how did all the things in life worth living for
get replaced by Family Values, you ask?

Well we're gonna tell you this weekend in the Underground Garage,
as we reveal the ultimate cult of freaks, misfits, and outcasts;
and they're all midgets and they wear demonic hats with horns attached.
I'm talking about the scariest cult in history.
It's The Mickey Mouse Club!
Helping us investigate will be the Stooges, the Replacements,
the Beatles, the Stones, the Beach Boys, and the Standells.
New music from Mooney Suzuki, the Flaming Sideburns, the Vines,
the Rainy Day Saints, the Flairz, and the Hawaii Mud Bombers.
Cool stuff from Social Distortion, the Pandoras,
and Rocket from the Crypt.
Find out what Nancy Sinatra, Freddie Cannon, Soupy Sales
and Eddie Cochran have in common and were any of them
former Mouseketeers.

It's the secrets of the Cult of the Mouse (among other things)
that are revealed this weekend in the Underground Garage.

~Little Steven~
« Last Edit: Oct 18th, 2004 at 11:16am by Boris »  

IP Logged

Boris
Ex Member

"Let's Go To Work!"

Reply #65 - Oct 10th, 2004 at 1:58am

Episode 132: GROUCHO MARX
(Updated Repeat)
- Weekend of October 10, 2004

Hello, I must be going.
But before I do, did I mention we're celebrating Groucho Marx in the Underground Garage this week?
Attending the party will be the Easybeats, the Yardbirds, the MC5, the Stones, and the Beatles.
New music from the Rainy Day Saints, the Hawaii Mud Bombers, Jarvis Humby, Nancy Sinatra, and U2.
Come find out what Jeff Beck, Patti Smith, the Bobby Fuller Four, and Stiv Bators have in common.
And find out what's the secret word this weekend in the Underground Garage.
~Little Steven~
« Last Edit: Oct 18th, 2004 at 11:16am by Boris »  

IP Logged

Boris
Ex Member

"Let's Go To Work!"

Reply #66 - Oct 18th, 2004 at 11:16am

Episode 133:
Heeere's Johnny(And Stiv)II
- Weekend of October 17, 2004

I know what you're thinking.
The vice presidential debate was so boring it made the presidential debate actually seem like fun.
Well we've got real fun in the Underground Garage this week where
we're celebrating the birthdays of two of the coolest pop culture icons in history.
I'm talking about Johnny Carson and Stiv Bators.
Helping us with the party will be wildlife experts the Beatles, the Byrds, and the Turtles.
New music from the Insomniacs, the Flairz, and the Cocktail Slippers;
and very cool stuff from J. Geils Band, the Woggles, the Kinks, and the Who.
Find out what Stiv Bators and Madonna had in common.
Why do the Grassroots hate all lawyers? Yeah, even more than you do.
Will Johnny Carson come back to take Conan O'Brian's timeslot?
All these questions and a few you haven't even thought of yet
answered this week in the Underground Garage.

~Little Steven~
« Last Edit: Oct 18th, 2004 at 1:23pm by Boris »  

IP Logged

One In A Million
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #67 - Oct 18th, 2004 at 11:39am

oh cool, I love "thingytail Slippers"!

Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Boris
Ex Member

"Let's Go To Work!"

Reply #68 - Oct 18th, 2004 at 1:22pm

Good catch...I had forgotten what weenie censors this version of
Yabba Dabba Do Message Board was...
ONE of the reasons I haven't been doing too much business
'round these parts lately.
I miss  the "questionable" stuff and have to go back and edit etc.
OK, the correct band is C O C K tail Slippers.
So there.
"Boris"
« Last Edit: Oct 19th, 2004 at 5:30am by Boris »  

IP Logged

Tizlin
Ex Member

Reply #69 - Oct 18th, 2004 at 4:24pm

Hmm...censorship on the internet...that would have been a good topic for the debates...it probably would have gotten as much time as the Roe vs. Wade/Supreme Court issues did.

Linda

IP Logged

Boris
Ex Member

"Let's Go To Work!"

Reply #70 - Nov 6th, 2004 at 5:10am

Episode 136: CHRONICLES
- Weekend of November 7, 2004

Something is happening here, but you don't know what it is, do you,
Mr. and Mrs. Radio Listener?
Well, I'll tell you. It's a party - that's what's going on.
This weekend in the Underground Garage,
we are celebrating Bob Dylan's new book, Chronicles.
That's right. The gossip. The scandals.
All the secrets he kept hidden all these years, he's spillin' his guts
- right here on the coolest radio station in town!
Joining us at the party will be the Byrds, the Clash, Lou Reed, the Turtles, the Stones.
New music from the Flairz from Australia, the Cocktail Slippers from Norway,
the Minus 5 from Seattle, Reigning Sound from Memphis, and a whole lot more.
Find out what the Hawaii Mud Bombers and Nancy Sinatra have in common.
Are they in Bob's book?
Are you?
Find out this weekend in the Underground Garage.

~Little Steven~

IP Logged

Boris
Ex Member

"Let's Go To Work!"

Reply #71 - Nov 14th, 2004 at 1:43am

Episode 137: DO THE ZONK!
- Weekend of November 14, 2004

I know what you're thinking, the party's over.
There's no possible reason to ever celebrate anything again.

Ah, but not so fast, Mon Ami!

There is one thing we do not celebrate often enough.
That's right!
Girls. Women. Females. Chicks. Skirts. Dolls.

This week in the Underground Garage, it's wall to wall Rock & Roll Chicks.

We got Cookies, Angels, Chiffons, Pandoras, Pristeens.
Cool new stuff from the C o c ktail Slippers from Norway,
The Hawaii Mud Bombers from Sweden,
and Tegan and Sara from Venus.

Find out what Dusty Springfield, Donna Loren, Marianne Faithfull,
Nancy Sinatra, Joan Jett, and Ellie Vee have in common.

Find out why Goldie and the Gingerbreads are the coolest all girl Rock & Roll band ever,
and more importantly, find out how to do the Zonk!

They're sexy, they're sweet, they're tough, they're vulnerable,they're Rock & Roll chicks.
And they're waiting for you this weekend in the Underground Garage.

~Little Steven~

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.