Welcome, Guest. Please Login

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
Little Steven's Underground Garage (Read 6993 times)
Tizlin
Ex Member

Re: Little Steven's Underground Garage
Reply #30 - Jul 6th, 2004 at 10:51am

Quote:
Hey Tizlin... dunno... I was just goofing around-- as this message board has a mind of it's own!!!LOL

BTW-- Let coz know that it was nice to see that he has more in his wardrobe than the Rolling Stones shirt-- he looked great in his red shirt and white Romo "wifebeater".... (until he started sweating...LOL)

--Iris

What Coz sweats?!  He was always the 'safe' one to stand in front of during shows, now where will I go to avoid flying sweat...   Tongue 
BTW, at least you see him in the Stones tshirt, I usually see the vintage Barry Manilow...when I wear my Bay City Rollers tshirt we are afraid to stand next to each other in fear of the fashion police  8)

Lin

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
Ex Member

Reply #31 - Jul 6th, 2004 at 1:02pm

Quote:
What Coz sweats?!  He was always the 'safe' one to stand in front of during shows, now where will I go to avoid flying sweat...   Tongue  
BTW, at least you see him in the Stones tshirt, I usually see the vintage Barry Manilow...when I wear my Bay City Rollers tshirt we are afraid to stand next to each other in fear of the fashion police  8)

Lin

Too funny.... my hubby said that you could have played "spot the Californian" because Coz was the least sweaty  of the guys-- to him the weather must have felt like a cool breeze... LOL

IP Logged

Tizlin
Ex Member

Reply #32 - Jul 6th, 2004 at 2:19pm

Quote:
Too funny.... my hubby said that you could have played "spot the Californian" because Coz was the least sweaty  of the guys-- to him the weather must have felt like a cool breeze... LOL

Grin Okay so you are saying you can spot the Californian by our sweat level...interesting... Undecided

Linda
(who believes humidity and snow are God's curse and is very thankful she was born in S.Cal...    Grin )

IP Logged

lmk
Ex Member

Reply #33 - Jul 7th, 2004 at 5:42am

Okay...whose going to this show?  I wasn't going to, but after having so much fun last night at tastefest...I may consider the trip.   Grin

IP Logged

Tizlin
Ex Member

Reply #34 - Jul 7th, 2004 at 7:16am

well, I must admit I'm still toying with the idea, depending on airfare...but the thought of NY in August (I HATE humidity!!!!) brings me back to reality...   Undecided

Linda

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
Ex Member

Reply #35 - Jul 7th, 2004 at 10:16am

I hope you come to NYC Tizlin & LMK!!!
I'm really thinking of going... gotta see about either driving up or taking a flight out... Smiley

It would be cool to meet tizlin in person & to maybe actually hang out with the guys? (hint hint hint)
--Iris

IP Logged

bookiesoriginal
Ex Member

Reply #36 - Jul 8th, 2004 at 7:31am

have any of us detroit locals looked into how far mile wise it is and whether or not it is a doable drive?
airfare was running around $200 RT from detroit.
if the 3 of us split the driving and expenses, i am sure it would be much cheaper.

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
Ex Member

Reply #37 - Jul 8th, 2004 at 12:27pm

I've driven to NYC... I think if I remember correctly the drive is about 12 hours or so...  More than likely, we might be able to crash at my sister's place (although everyone would probably have to bring sleeping bags...)

We should talk soon-- I won't be able to be on the board much from July 12 - 30th...

--Iris

IP Logged

Tizlin
Ex Member

Reply #38 - Jul 9th, 2004 at 1:45pm

Quote:
I hope you come to NYC Tizlin & LMK!!!
I'm really thinking of going... gotta see about either driving up or taking a flight out... Smiley

It would be cool to meet tizlin in person & to maybe actually hang out with the guys? (hint hint hint)
--Iris

Iris
I would love to meet you in person too...
BTW, Coz does recognize you by name whenever I mention you (Although sometimes it takes a minute or so for the brain cells to fire-up...   Grin )

Tiz(Lin)

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
Ex Member

Reply #39 - Jul 10th, 2004 at 12:10am

LOL...
That's cool, Tizlin! Smiley

Maybe the brain cells are fighting the Budweiser... LOL  Cheesy

I am really hoping to get to NYC in August-- If my sister will let me crash with her, all the better!  have a few artist friends there as well, so I hope to see them, too!

So, we should all start planning this road trip!

--Iris

IP Logged

Boris
Ex Member

"Let's Go To Work!"

Reply #40 - Jul 10th, 2004 at 6:11am

Underground Garage Channel Takes to the Airwaves July 7, 2004

SIRIUS Satellite Radio launched the Underground Garage Channel on Wednesday, July 7. "We constantly enhance our lineup of commercial-free music channels to provide our subscribers with programming they can't get anywhere else," said Steve Blatter, SIRIUS VP of Music Programming. "That's because we have freedoms commercial radio can't imagine. While most radio programmers are juggling 18 commercial minutes per hour, SIRIUS programmers are listening to brand new music, seeking deeper music cuts and spending more time with their listeners."
Underground Garage // Channel 25: Produced by E Street Band member and The Sopranos cast member "Little Steven" Van Zandt, Underground Garage is where you can hear the coolest rock 'n' roll records ever made. Whether they're 50 years old or 50 minutes old; if they're rocking, they're coming from the Underground Garage.
Currently the station is music-only, airstaff will be added in mid-August.

IP Logged

Boris
Ex Member

"Let's Go To Work!"

Reply #41 - Jul 10th, 2004 at 6:12am

Episode 119: Jack Nitszche (U.R.) - Weekend of July 11, 2004
LITTLE STEVEN'S
UNDERGROUND GARAGE
CELEBRATES
JACK NITZSCHE
Okay kids, time for a pop quiz.
Who is the Secretary of Defense?
What's the capital of North Dakota?
What is the capital of the Chase Manhattan Bank?
Who arranged all the great Spector records, did a bunch of film soundtracks, and is a great producer too?
The answers are: who cares, I don't know, I don't know, and Jack Nitzsche!
We're celebrating him this week in the Underground Garage!
We've got the Turtles, Randy Newman, Graham Parker and the Rumour,
Neil Young, the Yardbirds, and Mink DeVille.
New music from the Forty-Fives, the High Dials, the Contrast, Reigning Sound, and the Paybacks.
We've got special guest Andrew Loog Oldham talking about Jack working with the Rolling Stones. And tune in to find out what Crazy Horse, the Crystals, and the Monkees have in common.
It's the coolest rock 'n roll records ever made.
We'll see you this weekend in the Underground Garage.
~Little Steven~

IP Logged

Boris
Ex Member

"Let's Go To Work!"

Reply #42 - Jul 17th, 2004 at 8:41am

Episode 120: The Big Idea
(Updated Repeat)
Weekend of July 18, 2004
LITTLE STEVEN'S
UNDERGROUND GARAGE
CELEBRATES
BIG IDEAS
What do you hear?
What do you say?
What's the big idea?
I'll tell you the big idea.
How 'bout a radio show that plays the coolest rock and roll songs ever recorded?
How's that for big?
Yeah.
We'll have the Who, the Beatles, the Stones and the Kinks.
New music from the Paybacks, the Forty-Fives, Reigning Sound, the Contrast, and Sahara Hotnights.
Cooler than cool stuff from Wayne Kramer, the other Birds, and the other Johnny Thunder.
Come find out what Richard Hell, Randy California, Wendy Case and Gene Vincent have in common.
We'll see you this weekend, in the elephant's graveyard of big ideas, otherwise known as the Underground Garage.
~Little Steven~

IP Logged

bookiesoriginal
Ex Member

Reply #43 - Jul 17th, 2004 at 10:27pm

Quote:
Cooler than cool stuff from Wayne Kramer

how cool is this?  Wayne Kramer getting a mention from Little Steven.

IP Logged

Boris
Ex Member

"Let's Go To Work!"

Reply #44 - Jul 18th, 2004 at 6:43am

http://www.littlestevensundergroundgarage.com/festival/index.html

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.