Welcome, Guest. Please Login

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print
Little Steven's Underground Garage (Read 7003 times)
Boris
Ex Member

"Let's Go To Work!"

Little Steven's Underground Garage
May 16th, 2004 at 10:05am

Most of you know my love for this show each week.
PLUS he has really been behind The Romantics, so...
I hereby start a topic dedicated to the best thing on radio
these ears have heard in decades.
This week's show is a classic!
Hey Ho! Let's Go!
"Boris"

EPISODE 111:  RAMONE"S FOREVER!

This weekend Little Steven’s Underground Garage celebrates Joey Ramone's birthday (May 19) with a salute to the Ramones – one of the greatest Rock & Roll bands in history, and, to quote Little Steven, “the most important band since the 60’s."

“We don’t really need a reason to celebrate the Ramones but it happens to be Joey’s birthday May 19, and we make no secret of the fact that our entire format is based on the Ramones,” says Steven.

Little Steven's Underground Garage, the nation's only all-Rock & Roll radio show, airs in most markets on Sunday nights at 10PM. Check our affiliate list for exact coordinates in your city, and tune in!

The Ramones' music is a synthesis of seminal influences: 50's Rockabilly, British Invasion, Girl Groups, Bubblegum, MC5, Stooges, Velvet Underground, Slade, Dictators, and the New York Dolls.

"There is no “Blitzkrieg Bop” without Elvis, Scotty, and Bill's “Good Rockin’ Tonight" – Little Steven

So ignore your parents when they yell at you to turn it down and celebrate The Ramones in the Underground Garage this weekend!

IP Logged

Tizlin
Ex Member

Re: Little Steven's Underground Garage
Reply #1 - May 16th, 2004 at 1:56pm

Speaking of the Ramones...Dee Dee's headstone has finally been installed at Hollywood Forever Cemetery and it is wonderful! Barbara, the monument dept at HFC and myself (yes, that is where I work) really worked hard on the design and I think everyone will be happy.

Linda

IP Logged

oldfriend
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #2 - May 16th, 2004 at 11:32pm

Little Steven's show is without a doubt the best thing on the radio today. If only he could have a 24 hour/7 days a week show. Maybe when hell freezes over.

IP Logged

Boris
Ex Member

"Let's Go To Work!"

Reply #3 - May 17th, 2004 at 8:21am

I agree, it should be on round the clock!
This may help us "LSUG Junkies" out there.
I wish they'd do something with the digital cable channel
24/7 music programming as well.
"Boris"

STEVEN VAN ZANDT JOINS SIRIUS PROGRAMMING TEAM

Van Zandt Will Serve As Creative Advisor, Launch “Underground Garage” Stream On 100% Commercial-Free Satellite Radio Service

CES, LAS VEGAS & NEW YORK – January 6, 2004 – Celebrated musician, actor, and syndicated radio producer Steven Van Zandt has joined the SIRIUS Satellite Radio programming staff as Creative Advisor. Van Zandt will create and program “Underground Garage,” an exclusive, fulltime stream for SIRIUS that will debut later this year. He will also produce other SIRIUS shows and serve as advisor on select other SIRIUS streams.

The agreement with SIRIUS in now way means that Van Zandt's popular weekly terrestrial syndicated radio show is on the way out. It is the only music show that he will continue to host, as his role with SIRIUS is more in the programming and advising vein.

Van Zandt is a pivotal figure in the current rock and roll revival. His internationally syndicated, two-hour radio show, Little Steven’s Underground Garage, reaches nearly a million commercial radio listeners every week. Rolling Stone summed it up as “Mind blowingly great.” The show, credited with spurring a major resurgence in Garage Rock, is now carried on over 130 stations in the U.S. and Canada, and 43 countries through the Voice of America Music Mix Channel.

“SIRIUS is about passion and respect for the music, and I can’t think of anyone who has more passion and respect for music than Steven,” said Joseph P. Clayton, President and Chief Executive Officer, SIRIUS. “Steven will contribute a lifetime’s-worth of sage music experience to the SIRIUS programmers. And, as an accomplished musician, radio programmer and DJ he’ll create an appealing 24/7 rock format that isn’t available anywhere else.”

“I am honored to be part of the SIRIUS Satellite family,” says Van Zandt. “Choice is what freedom is all about and SIRIUS broadcasting an additional 100 channels of music and talk on top of what terrestrial radio already offers can only be a good thing. SIRIUS will be making history by our channel being the only traditional rock and roll format in the country playing new music. All other new music channels or stations are hard rock, hip hop, or pop music based. The potential synergy between my syndicated show on terrestrial radio and the 24-hour Underground Garage format on SIRIUS will be tremendous. The Rock and Roll Revolution is on!”

Click on http://www.sirius.com/ to listen to SIRIUS live, or to find a SIRIUS retailer or car dealer in your area.
« Last Edit: May 17th, 2004 at 9:28am by Boris »  

IP Logged

Boris
Ex Member

"Let's Go To Work!"

Reply #4 - May 25th, 2004 at 1:07am

This past weekend's show summary is attached below.
Even when you THINK you might not be interested...
it always delivers!
PLUS..."Little Steven/Sivio Dante" had an instrumental (no pun)
part in last night's Sopranos.
That is ALL I am saying as not to spoil it for anyone.
Capisce?
"Boris"

Episode 112: BOB DYLAN II
Hey, baby. This isn't Allen Ginsberg and I just want to say you've got a lot of nerve to say you are my friend if you don't tune in to the Underground Garage Celebration of Bob Dylan's birthday. Come gather round people wherever you roam because we got the Animals, the Turtles, the Ramones, the Beatles, the Stones, new music from the Contrast, the Boss Martians and the Supersuckers. Tune in to find out what Jason and the Scorchers and Gary U.S. Bonds have in common. Well I see you got your leopard skin pillbox hat, so please Mrs. Henry, crawl out your window and we'll see you at the Bob Dylan million dollar birthday bash this weekend in the Underground Garage.

IP Logged

oldfriend
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #5 - May 25th, 2004 at 5:36am

Another outstanding show. Man, I wish this show was on EVERYDAY!

IP Logged

Boris
Ex Member

"Let's Go To Work!"

Reply #6 - May 25th, 2004 at 5:49am

Amen, Oldfriend!
I am truly a crusader for LSUG.
Probably the BEST thing I have ever heard on the airwaves.
(just like The Simpsons, better every week!)
"Boris"

IP Logged

Tizlin
Ex Member

Reply #7 - May 26th, 2004 at 6:13pm

Last week on my LAX-Newark flight I sat in front of new Sirius execs returning from a conference...I heard some VERY interesting progaming ideas especially regarding sports and music.

IP Logged

Tizlin
Ex Member

Reply #8 - May 26th, 2004 at 6:20pm

I also finally met little Steven at The Mercury Lounge show...I actually walked up to him with my business card from Hollywood Cemetery...and he was very cool! Especially when I mentioned the DeeDee Ramone connection   Cry
Later when Mike Skill introduced us again, we had a good laugh  Smiley

Lin

IP Logged

BrewCity
Ex Member

Reply #9 - May 29th, 2004 at 2:45am

Along the same lines as Little Steven's show, you can listen to a pretty good mix of garage rock on your pc at http://www.vh1.com/music/radio/stations/garage_bands/station.jhtml.  They program obscure old stuff (Pretty Things, Who, Stooges, Johnny Thunders, Yardbirds, Small Faces, Kinks, Zombies, etc.) and obscure new stuff (Libertines, Von Bondies, Vue, Jet, the Caesars, the Coral, the Hives, etc.)   Sounds pretty good.  I'm really surprised to find this coming from VH1.

IP Logged

Boris
Ex Member

"Let's Go To Work!"

Reply #10 - Jun 5th, 2004 at 6:53am

This weeks fun filled show!
I'll try and at least post the preview
that they announce online each week.
"Boris"

EPISODE 114: DINO AND NANCY

I had the strangest dream last night . . . I was on a planet where all the men looked like Dean Martin and all the women looked like Nancy Sinatra.

I thought I'd died and gone to heaven but then I realized I was in the Underground Garage where we are celebrating Dino and Nancy's birthdays this week.

And look who's invited! The Ramones, the Standells, the Yardbirds, Byrds, Beatles!

New music from the Boss Martians, Supersuckers, the Contrast, the Roolettes, and Patti Smith!

A very cool but surprising Coolest Song in the World This Week!

Not to mention Kinks, the Count Five, Dino, Desi and Billy, and the Dead Boys!

We'll find out what Roy Loney, the Rubinoos, and the Rutles have in common!

Everybody loves boots that are made for walkin' so walk in to the celebration of Dino and Nancy's birthdays.

We'll see you this weekend in the Underground Garage.

~Little Steven~

IP Logged

Boris
Ex Member

"Let's Go To Work!"

Reply #11 - Jun 14th, 2004 at 2:14pm

Episode 115: Monterey Pop
Do your kids hate you? Of course they do! They want to go to rock festivals this summer and you don't want to accompany them because, let's face it, you're old and boring. Well, this is your last chance to be young again before you die, as the Underground Garage this week celebrates the mother of all rock festivals, Monterey Pop. That's right. Check out the show that introduced the Who, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin and Otis Redding to America - at least the white part. We got new music from Roy Loney and the Longshots, the Contrast, and the Boss Martians and cool sounds of Ko and the Knockouts, the Fondas, the Romantics, and the Pretty Things. Find out what Moby Grape, Bo Diddley, Kelly Osbourne, and the Electric Prunes have in common. And where else you gonna find Buffalo Springfield, Iggy Pop, the Paul Butterfield Blues Band and the New York Dolls all hanging out together? Nowhere but our house, baby! It's Monterey Pop. We'll see this weekend in the Underground Garage.

IP Logged

BrewCity
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Jun 14th, 2004 at 10:56pm

According to Episode 115, the Underground Garage Festival will be on August 14th, featuring the Romantics, Chesterfield Kings, Iggy Pop and the Stooges, the New York Dolls, Electric Prunes, Richard & the Young Lions, the Fondas, Boss Martians and more.

I didn't catch the venue.  I'll have to listen again for more details.  I'm pretty sure it's in the New York area.

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Jun 15th, 2004 at 1:27am

OH!!!!!!!!!!!!!  give us the scoop if you hear more! If it's in NYC, I can stay with my sis in Broooklyn!  HOw Cool!

IP Logged

BrewCity
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Jun 15th, 2004 at 1:54am

I think they said Vandals Island, New York.  I don't know where that is, or even if I got the name right.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.