Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Happy Cinco de Mayo!! (Read 2860 times)
chelios24
Ex Member

Happy Cinco de Mayo!!
May 5th, 2004 at 10:11pm

for the lingually challenged, that would be "Happy May 5"!

and not
Happy Sink the Mayonnaise! Wink

IP Logged

lmk
Ex Member

Re: Happy Cinco de Mayo!!
Reply #1 - May 5th, 2004 at 11:11pm

LOL at the  'not Happy Sink the Mayonnaise!'   Grin

IP Logged

chelios24
Ex Member

Reply #2 - May 6th, 2004 at 1:40am

actually many people think May 5th is the Mexican Independence Day (myself included) but I did a little research and found out the real history behind the celebration today.

Quote:
The holiday of Cinco De Mayo, The Fifth Of May, commemorates the victory of the Mexicans over the French army at The Battle Of Puebla in 1862. It is primarily a regional holiday celebrated in the Mexican state capital city of Puebla and throughout the state of Puebla, but is also celebrated in other parts of the country and in U.S.cities with a significant Mexican population. It is not, as many people think, Mexico's Independence Day, which is actually September 16.

for myself, Cinco de Mayo is just another excuse to eat the sinfully delicious food of Mexican origin!!

IP Logged

BrewCity
Ex Member

Reply #3 - May 6th, 2004 at 3:07am

...and suck down a few cold Coronas!

IP Logged

PIRATE
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #4 - May 7th, 2004 at 10:42am

since cinco de mayo runs through out the weekend...im not late at wishing you all a happy tappy cinco minco

"if thy pour ith..thy shall drink ith"&&"if thy post ith...thy shall count ith"&&2071 plus current

IP Logged

oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #5 - May 4th, 2007 at 10:28pm

Speaking of Cinco De Mayo, my son Jeff who drums in the Weakend also plays on the side with a band called The Strangers who do mostly covers and a few originals. On Cinco De Mayo the Strangers will be playing at Cactus Jack's in Utica, which is just north of M 59 and just west of Van d**e. This place is a real cool bar/restaurant with excellent Mexican food. The Strangers will do 3, maybe 4 sets, and later in the night, the band is going to let myself and Rich Cole come up and jam a few classic rock jams, and maybe even a Romantics tune or two. If this night turns out anything like Saint Patrick's day, it will be huge fun.

IP Logged

bookies_original
Global Moderator

Tigers Town!
Reply #6 - May 5th, 2007 at 12:54am

oldfriend, i will be on the other side of the state tomorrow or i would most certainly be there!!
wish you had let us know sooner!
Sad

IP Logged

oldfriend
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #7 - May 6th, 2007 at 11:09pm

What a blast we had last night at Cactus Jack's. The Strangers actually started playing around 2 in the afternoon. They know a ton of songs. We got there around 8. At about 10:30, myself, my son Jeff on drums, my other son Mike on guitar. and their unclu Rich on bass and vocals, went up and did a set of old classic rock cover tunes.  We did a couple by Cream, a couple of early Led Zep tunes, some early Bowie, a Beatles tune, a Stevie Ray tune, a Sammy Hagar/Van Halen tune, and finished with What I Like About You. We introduced Rich as one of the original Romantics and the place went nuts when we finished with that Romantics number. The place was jammed and people were definitely in a party mood. After we played, my sons Jeff and Mike played on. Joining them were Mike's other guitar player from Alucard, Ryan Collins, and another friend of theirs on bass and vocals, Shane Hales. Several  years ago these four guys played together in a band called "One Hump Chump". Most people there remembered that band and went nuts over this impromtu One Hump Chump reunion by the original lineup.  It was great to hear a few of their old songs again. The Strangers finished out the night and played until 1:30. Man, it was a party!

IP Logged

bookies_original
Global Moderator

Tigers Town!
Reply #8 - May 7th, 2007 at 6:31pm

not fair!!!    Angry
we all should have been there.
it sounds like such a blast!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.