Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
Pet Tales (Read 5210 times)
gbabyjr
Ex Member

Re: Pet Tales
Reply #60 - Sep 15th, 2004 at 7:06pm

Bookies, how is your dog doing?  Did the vet put him on the meds?

IP Logged

bookiesoriginal
Ex Member

Reply #61 - Sep 15th, 2004 at 7:10pm

thanks for asking gbaby!  yes, he is on the meds.  i dont see any difference yet but they say it could take up to 5 days to start working.  has anyone heard of DAP?  that is something else we are trying.  it is a plug in that emits something called "dog appeasing phermones".

IP Logged

gbabyjr
Ex Member

Reply #62 - Sep 15th, 2004 at 7:14pm

I haven't heard of it, but it sounds like a cool thing.  Let us know how it works.

IP Logged

BrewCity
Ex Member

Reply #63 - Sep 16th, 2004 at 1:41am

Yeah, and DAP works to plug holes in plaster or drywall before painting.

IP Logged

Tizlin
Ex Member

Reply #64 - Oct 11th, 2004 at 3:25pm

Well, it seems I have a special needs cat...Bosworth is diabetic (who knew this could happen in cats!) I'm looking for treatment suggestions...  Lori, do you have any suggestions other than insulen shots?

Linda

IP Logged

bookiesoriginal
Ex Member

Reply #65 - Oct 11th, 2004 at 6:42pm

awww, poor bosworth.  i looked around online briefly but only saw insulin treatment.  what made you take him to the vet to begin with? what symptoms did he display?  i never knew animals could be diabetic either.  i will try to find something on alternative treatment to share with you.

IP Logged

Tizlin
Ex Member

Reply #66 - Oct 18th, 2004 at 3:07pm

Quote:
awww, poor bosworth.  i looked around online briefly but only saw insulin treatment.  what made you take him to the vet to begin with? what symptoms did he display?  i never knew animals could be diabetic either.  i will try to find something on alternative treatment to share with you.  

He was drinking a lot of water (it seemed like he was always at the water bowl) and his urine output increased,yes, with his increased intake of course, the output would increase too, but you could have made bricks with the consistency of his output!  Roll Eyes He also started 'weeing' outside the box, which is usually a sign of a problem. I have just heard of an oral med, Glipizide, and I have a Vet appt this week.

Linda

IP Logged

Lisa_G.
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

peRe: Pet Tales
Reply #67 - Oct 20th, 2004 at 11:10pm

I hope your cat is diagnosed and gets the treatment it needs, Tiz. 

I can tell you all, make sure to get your critters their distemper shots!!!  I lost about 15 barn cats and kittens in July...and all it took was a sick stray and they were dead in a matter of days.  I had two surviving females I cannot understand how they made it.  I now have a new litter of kitties in the barn that are 3 wks old but I haven't been able to see them yet since they're stashed in the loft.  As soon as I get my hands on them, off to the vet they go for shots! 

Does anybody here take their pet to work?  I take my lil' pooch Nellie(a Bichon Frise) to work with me every day.  It takes the edge off a bad day. 

See ya!

IP Logged

PIRATE
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #68 - Oct 21st, 2004 at 11:55am

every morning about 530am as soon as i crank my bedroom door open the lil kittys charge me so i will feed them...as soon as i grab the cans of food they charge stairs for a race to the dishes...its like a herd of cattle Smiley.......they repeat this about 530pm also.....everyday twice aday....its the funniest thing.....and i get this everyday...i luv it.

"if thy pour ith..thy shall drink ith"&&"if thy post ith...thy shall count ith"&&2071 plus current

IP Logged

BrewCity
Ex Member

Reply #69 - Oct 21st, 2004 at 8:30pm

Pirate, that sounds like the kitty stampede on the Budweiser commercials a few years ago.  I can just picture Pirate's Kitty Ranch in Colorado.

IP Logged

One In A Million
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #70 - Oct 21st, 2004 at 8:38pm

I think I passed a place like that when I drove through Nevada a few years ago.

IP Logged

PIRATE
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #71 - Oct 29th, 2004 at 12:38am

brew....i guess i didnt pay attention to the bud commercials as i do to the coors light commercials
.......after a couple of brews it is entertaining.

"if thy pour ith..thy shall drink ith"&&"if thy post ith...thy shall count ith"&&2071 plus current

IP Logged

PIRATE
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #72 - Oct 29th, 2004 at 12:39am

oiam....you drove by a kitty stampede?.....did you stop for there safety Cheesy

IP Logged

Teresalita
Ex Member

Reply #73 - Nov 14th, 2004 at 2:14am

I too am an animal lover and have rescued quite a bit over the years. It seems they just seem to find my front door.
Right now we have two dogs + the one in the basement who we are trying to find a home for. We found him wandering w/o collar and no one seems to want to claim him.  In August we found a mother cat and four week old kittens at a park. The mom weighed 1 1/2 pounds and looked like she had not had a meal in weeks. Did I forget to mention the 7 other cats we already had! It is quite a bit of work and also can be quite expensive on the pocket book.
Honestly, I find I sometimes relate to animals better than people. My friends tell me I will end up one of those old ladies living alone in a big house with hundreds of cats. Somehow that doesn't sound all that bad.
I've always felt God just knows who to send the neglected,lost ones too. Hopefully, he will give me a little break for awhile. Wink
Teresa

IP Logged

mymeka
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #74 - Nov 14th, 2004 at 3:39am

Teresa,

I kn ow how you feel.  Hubby and I have rescued a little bit of everything over the years, and cats always remain true to our hearts.  We own 3, and 2 horses!

Just bought the love of our life - a pure bred Himalayan kitten from a breeder in Vermont.  Precious!

Keep up all the godo work!   Cheesy

Lori

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.