Pet Tales (Read 5178 times)
bookiesoriginal
Ex Member

Re: Pet Tales
Reply #45 - Jul 9th, 2004 at 8:07pm

how sad and sickening:

BY NHIA LEE
FREE PRESS STAFF WRITER

It was supposed to be a house party in Warren, or so a young woman thought.
She went to the house of boyfriend and girlfriend Dustin Kleiner and Christie Clore, both 18.

What she found shocked her.

As she later told police:

There was no music, only the sounds from about a dozen people. And there was no dancing.

Instead, there were dogs, fighting for their lives.

There were four pit bulls -- one had been severely injured -- and people were betting on which dog would come out on top.

Disgusted by what she saw, on May 27 the young woman, whom Warren police won't identify, reported the fighting, a move that launched a six-week investigation.

On Wednesday about 11:30 p.m., police went to the house of Kleiner and Clore and found five pit bulls, including two puppies. One of the adults had old and fresh wounds, police said.

The officers found "dogs sitting and standing in their own feces," said Warren Police Sgt. Louis Galasso.

Inside the garage, police found dog-fighting equipment.

"We found chains on short poles and a treadmill in the garage," Galasso said. "We also found large weights attached to the dog collars."

He said the equipment was used to build the dogs' stamina.

The walls were lined with mattresses to muffle the barks and growls, he said.

A 4-foot-by-4-foot wooden fighting ring also was found in the garage, said John Courie, Macomb County chief prosecutor.

Kleiner and Clore each were charged with three counts of animal cruelty: maintaining a place for animal fighting and possessing equipment to allow animals to fight, both felonies, and animal cruelty, a misdemeanor.

Clore also was charged with possession of marijuana.

Both were arraigned Thursday and are being held in lieu of $500,000 bond each. A preliminary examination is set for July 22.

The five dogs are at the Macomb County Animal Shelter, where they are being kept in separate kennels, said Sue Jeroue, chief animal director.

IP Logged

gbabyjr
Ex Member

Reply #46 - Jul 10th, 2004 at 8:12am

Such a sad story.........what is wrong with people?  I just don't get it. Angry Sad Angry

On a happy note.........we got a new puppy today!!!   It is my first dog!!!  She is a 3 month old Lab/ Golden Retriever mix.  We adopted her from the humane society.  I absolutely love her.  We named her Bella.  So any tips you guys have, please pass them on!
« Last Edit: Jul 12th, 2004 at 12:49am by N/A »  

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
Ex Member

Reply #47 - Jul 10th, 2004 at 11:42am

Hi Gbaby...
My family  had a Lab when I was young-- but we didn't have it for too long-- all I have to say is that they grow quickly...  and are quite strong... I don't remember much because it got too strong for us to handle (we should have opted for a slightly less rambunctious dog...)

--Iris

IP Logged

gbabyjr
Ex Member

Reply #48 - Jul 10th, 2004 at 5:52pm

This puppy looks more golden retreiver than lab....in fact, it doesn't look lab at all.  The shelter says it is a mix.  I'm not really concerned.  I've had friends with labs.  I don't ever remember them having any problem handling them.  They are rambunctious, though.
« Last Edit: Jul 12th, 2004 at 8:21am by N/A »  

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
Ex Member

Reply #49 - Jul 10th, 2004 at 10:56pm

LOL.. The few labs I met have been "leaners" and are very strong... then again, I'm kind of afraid of big dogs, too.... 

My friend as this big black dog that looks like a giant bear large and wooly-- Roxie is so funny--she actually "smiles" at people.   Unfortunately, if you don't know that she "smiles", you might think she's baring her teeth in a threatening way....  The other funny thing is that if you tell her to sit, she will sit right on your foot.... LOL

IP Logged

Tizlin
Ex Member

Reply #50 - Jul 13th, 2004 at 2:34pm

I adopted a new kitty (well, really he is 3yrs old and resembles DogCat    Smiley  ) today!!!  Now comes the "family" introduction to my other 2 cats...FUN... Roll Eyes

Lin

IP Logged

bookiesoriginal
Ex Member

Reply #51 - Jul 13th, 2004 at 9:29pm

gbabyjr, that is such a cute name!  we can never come up with good names for our pets. Sad

linda, i hope your other two accept the newbie. 
what are their names?

IP Logged

Tizlin
Ex Member

Reply #52 - Jul 14th, 2004 at 5:20pm

Quote:
gbabyjr, that is such a cute name!  we can never come up with good names for our pets. Sad

linda, i hope your other two accept the newbie.  
what are their names?

They are Speedi and Baby and the newest kitty (aka DogCat) is Bosworth (named after my friend John's producer...it just sounds so formal...like a butler...).  We had a little problem tonight with Bosworth...I went out with friends and when I got home he 'wee wee'd' in the middle of my bed!!!! Thank goodness for thick washable comforters   Cry

Linda

IP Logged

gbabyjr
Ex Member

Reply #53 - Sep 9th, 2004 at 7:12pm

Never underestimate the power of a pup.......

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/09/09/shooting.dog.ap/index.html

IP Logged

PIRATE
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #54 - Sep 10th, 2004 at 4:54am

have you hug your kitty today or kittys?......hhmm is this another pirate free postie? Roll Eyes

"if thy pour ith..thy shall drink ith"&&"if thy post ith...thy shall count ith"&&2071 plus current

IP Logged

Tizlin
Ex Member

Reply #55 - Sep 10th, 2004 at 5:39pm

Well, after Boz's Wed nite bedroom statement on my bed and looking back at this thread, I see Bosworth's "wee" profile...he is crazy cat/dog   Wink Good thing I'm a sucker for a cute face   Tongue

Lin

IP Logged

bookiesoriginal
Ex Member

Reply #56 - Sep 10th, 2004 at 6:21pm

speaking of pets:
one of our dogs recently developed a very severe case of separation anxiety/panic attacks so after trying everything short of me quitting my job, today he goes to the vet to get an exam to be put on doggie prozac.  clonicalm.  

IP Logged

PIRATE
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #57 - Sep 11th, 2004 at 12:43am

yes bookies....just slip the dog some meds....you cant quit that job just yet....you need them bucks to help tour with the band so we can have pictures.

"if thy pour ith..thy shall drink ith"&&"if thy post ith...thy shall count ith"&&2071 plus current

IP Logged

Tizlin
Ex Member

Reply #58 - Sep 11th, 2004 at 3:56pm

Quote:
speaking of pets:
one of our dogs recently developed a very severe case of separation anxiety/panic attacks so after trying everything short of me quitting my job, today he goes to the vet to get an exam to be put on doggie prozac.  clonicalm.  

Hmmm...doggie prozac...do they make kitty prozac? Or maybe it's me that needs Prozac to live with my cats Grin

Lin

IP Logged

mymeka
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #59 - Sep 13th, 2004 at 5:50am

Lin,

How many cats do you have now?

We have 2, and I am 'requesting strongly' a pure bred Himalayan kitten for Xmas! 

I may need the prozac, too!

Lor

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.