Welcome, Guest. Please Login

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
TGIF! (Read 4335 times)
bobby glowacki

Re: TGIF!
Reply #45 - Jul 6th, 2004 at 9:07am

8) hi judy, great buttons just wish you would have taken something to offset the price. It's a good thing i'm typing this bec ause there isn't much left of my voice! It's hard to believe they get better and top the last show iv'e seen. it's funny to see all those people in line to go back stage, the ones who show interest when the bands in town begging for back stage passes. probly most haven't purchased the new record. if the only knew what we know that the real show is out front in the seats, where one can appreciate and enjoy their talent and be entertained as they intended. looking forward to hearing from you, keep in touch.

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
Ex Member

Reply #46 - Jul 6th, 2004 at 9:13am

Hi Bobby,
Welcome to the board-- hope you will join us and post often!  Smiley 
LOL... about those backstage people.   I'm one of the crazies who has 3 copies of 6149 and 1 or 2 of the rest... LOL.... It WAS fab tonight!!! I even got to meet "Irene" the Webmistress (LeatherWeather lady) and her daughter...  BTW-- the older lady who was throwing lemons onstage was Wally's mom... LOL!!!!  :-D 

Can't wait to see them in NYC!!!

--Iris

IP Logged

One In A Million
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #47 - Jul 7th, 2004 at 3:00am

First I've been on a computer since Friday so here is my Van Halen take for ya:

After realizing that if it had been 17 years since Michele and I had done this before (I've seen them since then....) we also realized THEY were also 17 years older!  First I have to say that they are all in such great shape!  Looking/sounding good as new!

I read where Sammy has gotten over his thing about the older songs so they made the fans like me happy by including: "Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love", "Panama", "Jump", "Change", "You Really Got Me", "Somebody Get Me A Doctor".  Michael Anthony sang a few but Sammy had fun. 

They each had their solo spotlight and Eddie of course threw "eruption" in there and "Frankenstein" is still alive and well.  I had heard that Wolfgang makes an appearence on the tour but not at this show.  Alex's 10 minutes on the drums was worth the price of admission alone!!  Sammy did "When Eagles Fly" for his solo and Michael Anthony's was "Somebody Get Me A Doctor".  All the Sammy classics, some new ones which are good too.  I am looking forward to seeing them again in Florida in Sept!

IP Logged

bookiesoriginal
Ex Member

Reply #48 - Jul 9th, 2004 at 7:35pm

anybody?

IP Logged

BrewCity
Ex Member

Reply #49 - Jul 10th, 2004 at 12:32am

I'm taking the family to see Big Bad Voodoo Daddy on Sunday at Bastille Days, a free downtown festival in Milwaukee.  They are playing 2 shows, 3pm and 8pm...the afternoon show is great for the little ones.

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
Ex Member

Reply #50 - Jul 10th, 2004 at 11:48am

Brew-- do some swing dancing for me!  Smiley

Sound like fun!

--Iris

IP Logged

bookiesoriginal
Ex Member

Reply #51 - Jul 16th, 2004 at 7:43pm

hopefully this weekend i will finally make it to see fahrenheit 9/11.

IP Logged

BrewCity
Ex Member

Reply #52 - Jul 16th, 2004 at 11:43pm

Just don't believe everything you see.

IP Logged

bookiesoriginal
Ex Member

Reply #53 - Jul 19th, 2004 at 7:39pm

ok i made it to see fahrenheit 9/11.  this film would be recommended viewing for anyone old enough to vote.  even if you only believe 1/10th of what the movie purports, i think you will be shocked/appalled/disgusted by some of the revelations.

IP Logged

BrewCity
Ex Member

Reply #54 - Jul 20th, 2004 at 3:28am

...depends on which 1/10th you would believe.

IP Logged

bookiesoriginal
Ex Member

Reply #55 - Jul 24th, 2004 at 12:14am

anybody in the chicago area planning on going to any white sox/tigers games this weekend?

IP Logged

buyadodge
Ex Member

KEEP-IN-TOUCH

Reply #56 - Jul 24th, 2004 at 9:29am

thanks for the e-mail, i put your adress in our phone book. the invitations with directions will probly go out this week. hope can make it august 7th so i can show off my memorabilia. i stopped by mrs. p's today she's doing well. i forgot to bring the pictures from the concert for her to see. i have one of her with wally behind on stage that i would like to have enlargened. mr p was a pleasure and a privilage to know, and the apples didn't fall far from the tree. i had an idea on how we could pay tribute to someone who brought his family to America to give them a better life, and responsible for wally being here.  most importantly it would help the people in the village they came from. i'll mention it to wally to see what he thinks. for some reason i'm having trouble e-mailing you from my e-mail. so i'll have to do it this way for now

IP Logged

bookiesoriginal
Ex Member

Reply #57 - Jul 31st, 2004 at 5:09am

if you are a fan of hector babenco, you might want to check out "carandiru", his latest project.

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
Ex Member

Reply #58 - Aug 2nd, 2004 at 6:42am

Quote:
thanks for the e-mail, i put your adress in our phone book. the invitations with directions will probly go out this week. hope can make it august 7th so i can show off my memorabilia. i stopped by mrs. p's today she's doing well. i forgot to bring the pictures from the concert for her to see. i have one of her with wally behind on stage that i would like to have enlargened. mr p was a pleasure and a privilage to know, and the apples didn't fall far from the tree. i had an idea on how we could pay tribute to someone who brought his family to America to give them a better life, and responsible for wally being here.  most importantly it would help the people in the village they came from. i'll mention it to wally to see what he thinks. for some reason i'm having trouble e-mailing you from my e-mail. so i'll have to do it this way for now

That sounds like a great idea!  Smiley  Do you mind sharing more of your idea to the group?

IP Logged

buyadodge
Ex Member

KEEP-IN-TOUCH

Reply #59 - Aug 2nd, 2004 at 3:27pm

i hope you received your invitation? have to go to wally's house on monday aug. 1st to do some electrical work. mrs. p and wally are coming to our party sat. aug. the 7th. looking forward to taking with you on a calmer occasion. an 8x8 picture of my 16yr. old son installing the lighting at rochester/adams for fiddler on the roof was  on the front page of the  oakland press entertainment section. wally offered to put my son in contact  with his people in lighting design. when i see wally i'll mention it to him about the humanitarian aid   in his memory and tribute to mrs p's continuing work to help those they didn't forget back in thier homeland, God Bless Them Both.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.