Welcome, Guest. Please Login

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
New & old FANS! Post YOUR Introductions Here! (Read 3528 times)
Iris
Ex Member

New & old FANS! Post YOUR Introductions Here!
Apr 11th, 2004 at 5:03am

Welcome to our new (and old) Romantics fans!!!

Since we appear to have lost all of our old messages, I want to encourage people to post (or re-post) a brief "introduction" here in this thread so that we can all get to know each other better!

(For those who have already posted, please feel free to do so again!!)

Also,
please try to limit posts on this particular thread to introductions only
--that way it can be "short and sweet"!

Looking forward to seeing everyone's intros!

Smiley
« Last Edit: Apr 15th, 2004 at 11:36pm by N/A »  

IP Logged

chelios24
Ex Member

Re: New & old FANS! Please post Introductions
Reply #1 - Apr 14th, 2004 at 6:30pm

what is everybody waiting for?
who will be the first to take the big step?
i know we have been there, done that, as far as this thread goes but hey, it got destroyed by the virus,  onward and upward!

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Apr 15th, 2004 at 1:48am

OK,
I will start off the introductions!

I've been a fan of the Romantics since I was in high school--I was introduced to their music by a high school "punk" band... Smiley

The first time I heard "What I Like About You", I was hooked!  I have requested "What I like about You" at almost 40 weddings...(and that's only in the last 11 years!)  Smiley

I have almost all of their albums, and am still searching for copy of "Made in Detroit"....  The majority of my albums, and dance tracks are
VINYL

and I've picked up a couple of the compilation albums on CD....

The first time I saw The Romantics was around the late 80s/early 90s when they played outdoors on a cool evening on the Detroit River at the River Rock Cafe. There was only ahandful (about 30 people) standing outside in front of the stage--everyone else was inside the bar getting drunk... LOL)

Got lots of (more recent) memorabilia and I can't wait to see them again soon... I've seen the 5 times so far and 3 of the times were within the last 6 months!  Smiley

Oh yes, if you haven't guessed it already, I'm from the Detroit Area--the Motor City Rocks!!! Smiley

That's all for now!

--Iris

Fan intro questionnaire:

Name? Iris
Where are you from? The Motor City (Metro Detroit, MI)
How long have you been a Romantics fan? 23 years (since I was 14!)
When is the last time you saw them live? in February.
Favorite song? What I like about you
Favorite cd? They are all my favorites! Smiley
Favorite band member? Wally, Coz, Mike and (now) Brad.... I like them all! It wouldn't be fair to choose...
How many times have you seen them live? 5
Most memorable show--It's a toss-up between the most recent Cleveland show at the Beachland Ballroom and the one at the Phoenix Center in Pontiac, MI in 1999.
I think the Cleveland one wins out because I did a "marathon" road-trip (only was in Cleveland for 12 hours total and had to turn around and drive home!)

Most cherished memorabilia? The picture and program that Wally, Mike, Coz and Clem signed at the Pontiac Center in 1999.  I waited around about an hour (and was the last fan waiting) before the bouncer got me into their party tent to have my program signed!

Have you ever met the band?  Yes! Smiley
Do you belong to the Yahoo group? Of course, I was the one who started it several years ago! :-D
Yahoo or AOL or other IM screen name? pinkbubelz
Your birthday-- March 19th
Anything else you want to tell us-- Hot pink is my favorite color and If you see ma at a show, I will probably be wearing a fuschia leather jacket... Smiley
« Last Edit: Apr 15th, 2004 at 9:19pm by N/A »  

IP Logged

chelios24
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Apr 15th, 2004 at 8:00pm

well since it seems that everyone is reluctant to introduce themselves, i thought maybe it would help if we had a template from which to answer questions.
so, when you are ready to introduce yourself, simply highlight the text you wish to copy, right click on it , "copy", open reply box, right click "paste" in new box and fill in the blanks.  see, we try to make it as painless as possible!

Name? (optional)
Where are you from?
How long have you been a Romantics fan?
When is the last time you saw them live?
Favorite song?
Favorite cd?
Favorite band member?
How many times have you seen them live?
Most memorable show--
Most cherished memorabilia--
Have you ever met the band?
Do you belong to the Yahoo group?
Yahoo or AOL or other IM screen name?
Your birthday--
Anything else you want to tell us--

« Last Edit: Apr 15th, 2004 at 9:07pm by N/A »  

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Apr 15th, 2004 at 8:55pm

Mac users might not have a right click button, but can still do the cut and paste. Wink

AND.... I've edited my original post to follow the blanks. Smiley

Remember, please post only your intros in this thread.
 If you would like to make a comment, we encourage you to create another thread for it... Smiley  That way, it will be easier to find everyone's introductions!

I also added a question about IM screen names to the list as well. Wink

IP Logged

chelios24
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Apr 15th, 2004 at 9:02pm

iris, you didn't have to do that!  you were fine just the way you were!!!
thanks for the info about the macs.  i think we do have a couple of folks who use them.

IP Logged

Tizlin
Ex Member

Re: New & old FANS! Post YOUR Introductions He
Reply #6 - Apr 19th, 2004 at 2:56am

Name? Linda

Where are you from? Los Angeles (Born & Raised)

How long have you been a Romantics fan? since 1980

When is the last time you saw them live? Apr 2 2004

Favorite song? Have more than one, long time fave...On a Night Like This & Current CD fave is Paint The Sky

Favorite cd? Dunno

Favorite band member?  Grin Wally  Grin

How many times have you seen them live? No clue...really Shocked

Most memorable show-- Eugene, OR (I think 1997 when Jimmy was back briefly) Jimmy stood up & dedicated "She's Got Everything" to me!!!  I was living there at the time....  Smiley Knock me over and carry me away!!

Most cherished memorabilia-- Hmm, the books put together by me and Pody (that made the website possible...) or just my luck of friendship...

Have you ever met the band?  Smiley

Do you belong to the Yahoo group?  yes

Yahoo or AOL or other IM screen name?  tizlin

Your birthday--  march 31

IP Logged

chelios24
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Apr 20th, 2004 at 9:13am

Name?  
Judy

Where are you from?  
Detroit, MI

since the very beginning

April 3, 2004

Favorite song?
On a Night Like This
Favorite cd?
either the very first one or 61/49

Favorite band member?
ALL of them

too many to count

Most memorable show--
again, either the first time i saw them at bookies or at the emerald after the long absence

signed copy of 61/49 and picture given to me at the chat
also christmas card from mike from 1979

yes

yes

jcr1927, aka bookiesoriginal

Your birthday--  
8/26

Go Wings!

IP Logged

PIRATE
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #8 - Apr 21st, 2004 at 9:37am

Name? charles....aka pirate
Where are you from?  los angeles, calif
How long have you been a Romantics fan?  1983
When is the last time you saw them live?  April 2, 2004
Favorite song?you got me where you want me......devil in me.....night like this.....when i look in your eyes
Favorite cd? in heat..... 61/49
Favorite band member? ALL of them
How many times have you seen them live?  3  1983....1998.....2004
Most memorable show-- hollywood paladuim...1983
Most cherished memorabilia--  concert stub from 1983 in heat concert........in heat vinyl

Have you ever met the band? no
Do you belong to the Yahoo group? yes
Yahoo or AOL or other IM screen name? graveyardpirate
Your birthday--  5/07
Anything else you want to tell us-- hope the romantics keep rockin well into the millennium Wink
« Last Edit: Apr 23rd, 2004 at 8:44am by PIRATE »  
"if thy pour ith..thy shall drink ith"&&"if thy post ith...thy shall count ith"&&2071 plus current

IP Logged

PIRATE
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #9 - Apr 21st, 2004 at 9:38am

now that was easy....thanks judy Wink

"if thy pour ith..thy shall drink ith"&&"if thy post ith...thy shall count ith"&&2071 plus current

IP Logged

Tizlin
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Apr 21st, 2004 at 2:32pm

Hey Pirate,

I'm sorry...sometimes I have a brain freeze...have we met and/or do you know my friend John Wicks?

Lin

IP Logged

PIRATE
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #11 - Apr 23rd, 2004 at 8:52am

hi tizlin......we almost meet at the viper room.....when the show ended i failed to tell judy i would be right back.....upon my return i couldnt find judy....to my understanding she did meet up with you there......did we meet in a previous time?.....not that i recall.....do you think we have?.....ive known a  few johns and lindas in my time.......jar my mind with info.....pirate is known for brain freeze him selve Wink

IP Logged

Tizlin
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Apr 23rd, 2004 at 2:01pm

Quote:
hi tizlin......we almost meet at the viper room.....when the show ended i failed to tell judy i would be right back.....upon my return i couldnt find judy....to my understanding she did meet up with you there......did we meet in a previous time?.....not that i recall.....do you think we have?.....ive known a  few johns and lindas in my time.......jar my mind with info.....pirate is known for brain freeze him selve Wink

When I referred to my friend John, I was speaking of John Wicks of The Records. I only use his reference because he has mentioned more than once about a local Romantics fan he runs into, whom he thinks I know...probably it isn't you...but, since I don't know your first name...

Linda

IP Logged

PIRATE
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #13 - Apr 24th, 2004 at 10:37am

well tizlin....no its not the pirate then......perhaps if the romantics come around again well will run into each other.

IP Logged

lmk
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Apr 25th, 2004 at 1:06am

Let's try this:

Name? (optional)
Lynn

Where are you from?
Dearborn, MI

1983?

02/21/04

Favorite song?
Hard one to answer... A Night Like This is one of my faves...

Favorite cd?
Not sure...

Favorite band member?  
Mike!  But I think they are all good guys.

About 10 times...can't remember!

Most memorable show--
The Emerald, since I hadn't seen them in so many years, and because I got to meet the band and got a hug from Mike.

Signed t shirt from the Emerald show, and also a signed pic from the Toledo show this year.

YES!
  Grin
yes

yahoo name is lynnk6603

Your birthday--
5/20

I'm so glad the guys kicked out 61/49 and have been touring again.  I missed them.  Also, I've enjoyed meeting other fans through this site.

IP Logged

Drummerwife
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #15 - Apr 27th, 2004 at 12:29am

Name: Alice & Dave (husband)

Where From: Silver Spring, Maryland

How long a fan: Since February 2001

Last time you saw them live: October 2001

Favorite Songs:  What I Like About You - Talkin' in Your Sleep - One in a Million - Do Me Anyway You Wanna - Rock You Up

Favorite Cd: Made in Detroit - The Romantics Super Hits and many more that I can't think of right now

Favorite Band Member: Clem, Wally, Coz, and Mike

How Many Times Have You Seen Them Live:  10

Memorable Show:  All of them (Maybe Secrets in Ocean City, Md)

Cherished Memorabilia: Shirts and CD's - would love Videos

Have You Met The Band: Yes

Do You Belong to Yahoo:  Belong to AOL - Yahoo I think I belong to it, but they don't think I do cause every time I try to go on they say I don't.  My screen name here is Drummerswife, cause my husband is a drummer.

Birthday: Alice February 13th and Dave February 19th.

Anything you want to tell:  Just that we love these guys so much and they have given us so many hours of pleasure and we can't wait to see them again.

IP Logged

PIRATE
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #16 - Apr 30th, 2004 at 12:28pm

we have a good number of members that need to drop by this thread and give some info on them selfs.....dont be shy.....would really be nice to know more about everyone.

IP Logged

just_me
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #17 - May 11th, 2004 at 3:46am

Name? Cheryl
Where are you from? Colorado
How long have you been a Romantics fan? '79
When is the last time you saw them live? Ican't remember, it's been sooooo long ago Cry
Favorite song? On A Night Like This; Stone Pony
Favorite cd? 1st one
Favorite band member? Jimmy and Rich!
How many times have you seen them live? Many
Most memorable show-- I think it was in San Francisco in the '80's and Wally pulled me on stage to dance to "Shake Your Tail Feathers" (my tail feathers were much smaller & cuter then Cheesy)
Most cherished memorabilia-- A drumstick from Jimmy
Have you ever met the band? oh yeah
Do you belong to the Yahoo group? no - I don't have time free on Sunday nights ~ 3 kids!
Yahoo or AOL or other IM screen name? Just me
Your birthday-- October 31st
Anything else you want to tell us-- Please come to Colorado soon ~ I miss you Kiss

IP Logged

Tizlin
Ex Member

Reply #18 - May 12th, 2004 at 6:07am

Quote:
Name? Cheryl
Where are you from? Colorado
How long have you been a Romantics fan? '79
When is the last time you saw them live? Ican't remember, it's been sooooo long ago Cry
Favorite song? On A Night Like This; Stone Pony
Favorite cd? 1st one
Favorite band member? Jimmy and Rich!
How many times have you seen them live? Many
Most memorable show-- I think it was in San Francisco in the '80's and Wally pulled me on stage to dance to "Shake Your Tail Feathers" (my tail feathers were much smaller & cuter then Cheesy)
Most cherished memorabilia-- A drumstick from Jimmy
Have you ever met the band? oh yeah
Do you belong to the Yahoo group? no - I don't have time free on Sunday nights ~ 3 kids!
Yahoo or AOL or other IM screen name? Just me
Your birthday-- October 31st
Anything else you want to tell us-- Please come to Colorado soon ~ I miss you Kiss

Gee Cheryl, I think that Long Beach show where Lori (nee...Depp) thought you got whacked in the head by a guitar, should get a mention, or Colorado Springs when you wore my sailor shirt as a dress Smiley

BTW,
Did Jeff tell you we got together when he was here in April...it was a nice healing chat and it was nice to see him as a 'grown-up'   Grin  Hindsight truely is amazing  Roll Eyes

Linda

IP Logged

PIRATE
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #19 - May 25th, 2004 at 11:37am

theres still a few of you fanatics out there that havent drop a line on your self.......it would be really cool to know more of yourselfs and it will only take a few minutes Cheesy

IP Logged

BrewCity
Ex Member

Reply #20 - May 25th, 2004 at 10:27pm

Name? (optional) Matt aka BrewCity
Where are you from? Milwaukee
How long have you been a Romantics fan? Since I first heard "When I Look in Your Eyes" and "What I Like About You" when the 1st album came out.
When is the last time you saw them live? February 2004 in Chicago.
Favorite song?  Stone Pony, Got Me Where You Want Me, No One Like You
Favorite cd? The Romantics (1st), and Strictly Personal
Favorite band member? Coz and Jimmy
How many times have you seen them live? I've lost track, but it's around 20.
Most memorable show-- Around 1982, just before "In Heat" came out, at the UWM Ballroom.  The played some of the new songs, we were right up front, it was a blast.
Most cherished memorabilia--Autographed guitar, signed by Wally, Coz and Mike.  Also, a huge 5-foot hand-painted promo poster for the 1982 UWM show that features Jimmy, Coz, Wally & Mike's portraits which was done by an art student to promote the show.
Do you belong to the Yahoo group? yes
Yahoo or AOL or other IM screen name? mlock2828
Your birthday-- August 18th, 1961
Anything else you want to tell us--I love the Romantics because they put on the best live show, every time.  I can bring my friends to a show and guarantee that they will enjoy it, every time.  Each show is better than the last.  Also, their songs are so great, and they all seem to stand the test of time (pun intended).

IP Logged

PIRATE
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #21 - May 31st, 2004 at 10:01pm

now i know there are a few more of you that would like to leave your info but just are a lil shy....come on.....you will be glad you did Cheesy

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
Ex Member

Reply #22 - Jun 7th, 2004 at 9:47am

*** nudge **** nudge ****

Hey newbies & oldies!!! 

We want to hear your intros to the message board!!!

Please post when you get a chance!

--Iris

IP Logged

just_me
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #23 - Jun 10th, 2004 at 10:42pm

Hi Linda (aka Tiz)Smiley

How in the world did I forget about the infamous Long Beach show....that was memorable.  We had been to lord knows how many shows by then and I was just plain exhausted and on alcohol fumes:)  I did forget all about that one.

No, Jeff didn't mention that you guys saw each other....he mentioned that he was thinking about going to the Viper Room show and that you were going.  But then again, we talk in basic terms only....kids and money:)  (kidding)  Yeah, he has grown up (some) and his saving grace with me is that he does truly love his kids ~ he goes completely out of his way for them.  And knowing that, makes it much easier now for me to send them to his house every other weekend, without being worried ALL the time.  He is a good dad...wasn't a good husband....but he is a good dad. Undecided

IP Logged

Tizlin
Ex Member

Reply #24 - Jun 12th, 2004 at 2:48pm

Quote:
Hi Linda (aka Tiz)Smiley

How in the world did I forget about the infamous Long Beach show....that was memorable.  We had been to lord knows how many shows by then and I was just plain exhausted and on alcohol fumes:)  I did forget all about that one.

No, Jeff didn't mention that you guys saw each other....he mentioned that he was thinking about going to the Viper Room show and that you were going.  But then again, we talk in basic terms only....kids and money:)  (kidding)  Yeah, he has grown up (some) and his saving grace with me is that he does truly love his kids ~ he goes completely out of his way for them.  And knowing that, makes it much easier now for me to send them to his house every other weekend, without being worried ALL the time.  He is a good dad...wasn't a good husband....but he is a good dad. Undecided

Yeah he and Dodie were going to the Viper show because it was also my Bday party celebration...but things changed for them and I met up with him another day. He talked alot about the kids and how wonderful they are...I heard the pride and devotion to them as he spoke (which Dodie had told me about) and I'm glad to see and hear of him as a good father...I understand your husband comment because of the history and you have to know how oddly weird it was for me to sit and have a "normal" conversation with him Undecided  I just kept thinking how oddly surreal it was to be sitting there all these yrs later, making small talk, but, in my mind for no reason...   He did ask one question that caught me off guard about you...and it took me a few minutes to answer...this is one that should be emailed privately...and if you want to know email me privately...

Tiz(Lin)
Cheryl...no matter what...all of us 'girls' have an "odd friendship/love" bond   We are stuck with each other through that bond  Tongue

IP Logged

Misslead
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #25 - Jun 16th, 2004 at 9:54pm

Nice to see ya'all are back together again! i have many a disgusting memory of  some of you individually.. tequilla drinking (amoung other things) at a record release party with elvis hitler (me date)
being sworn at the asked back to the "studio" at gusoline alley... you've corupted me you bad bad men
bettcha don't even know who i am

IP Logged

Tizlin
Ex Member

Reply #26 - Jun 17th, 2004 at 6:24pm

Quote:
Nice to see ya'all are back together again! i have many a disgusting memory of  some of you individually.. tequilla drinking (amoung other things) at a record release party with elvis hitler (me date)
being sworn at the asked back to the "studio" at gusoline alley... you've corupted me you bad bad men
bettcha don't even know who i am

Huh...who/where is this directed...?

Lips Sealed

IP Logged

mymeka
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #27 - Jun 29th, 2004 at 8:57pm

Name? (optional) Lori
Where are you from?  Suburbs, Philadelphia, PA
How long have you been a Romantics fan?  1983
When is the last time you saw them live? May 2004
Favorite song?  A Night Like This & Devil In Me
Favorite cd?  ALL OF THEM!
Favorite band member?  Coz...
How many times have you seen them live?  Not enough!
Most memorable show-- Dec. 1983 when we met
Most cherished memorabilia--  friendship
Have you ever met the band?  yes   
Yahoo or AOL or other IM screen name? mymeka1
Your birthday--  Leapyear
Anything else you want to tell us-- Rock on!

IP Logged

buyadodge
Ex Member

KEEP-IN-TOUCH

Reply #28 - Jul 20th, 2004 at 1:30pm

Name bobby, marsha and the boys, bo, ryan, derek. (optional)
Where are you from?originally hamt. a block from wally.
How long have you been a Romantics fan? early 80's
When is the last time you saw them live? july 5th.
Favorite song? on a night like this.
Favorite cd? 61/49,
Favorite band member? wally then brad.
How many times have you seen them live? at least a couple dozen times.
Most memorable show-- all of them, even the joel and arnie day's. have a flyer from 1982 show in ypsi, roadied for several more shows after. can't burn the candle from both ends. nothiing worse than a hangover and riding in the band equipment truck.
Most cherished memorabilia-- wally's harmonica and autographed case, a pair of black leather pants, made by irene. which wally nor i will ever fit into again.
Have you ever met the band? yes, and in all the times treated very well, except for joel and arnie.
Do you belong to the Yahoo group? no
Your birthday-- june 6, 1957
Anything else you want to tell us--  this is the most sincerest, dedicated to the most important thing of all, giving the fans the best entertainment and having fun doing it with us.  i believe the critics, radio jocks, refuse t o give them thier just rewards because Romantics enjoy making music for the people. they still have morals, and artistic fortitude and won't cave in to the corporate music song mill where it's only about they money.

« Last Edit: Aug 2nd, 2004 at 3:05pm by buyadodge »  

IP Logged

jrjan
Ex Member

Reply #29 - Jul 26th, 2004 at 12:34pm

Hey everyone! I'm glad to be here! The 1st time I saw the boys was in '83. They opened up for The Tubes, in K'zoo, MI at Wings Stadium. I now live in Indiana, and was wondering if anyone knows if they ever tour in "Hoosier" country? I've never seen anything on it. If any one can tell me, that would be great!

IP Logged

bookiesoriginal
Ex Member

Reply #30 - Jul 26th, 2004 at 9:54pm

jr, thanks so much for introducing yourself.  you may just be the only representation we have from indiana on the board!
no dates have been scheduled as of now for your area but keep checking back here.  this is THE place for ALL the latest romantics news! Wink

IP Logged

Tizlin
Ex Member

Reply #31 - Jul 27th, 2004 at 5:29pm

Indiana...I saw the band there in Elkhart ( Conversion Van Capitial of the US...) Indy and Bloomington (Breaking Away) but I think it was Bloomington that left the best impression upon me...what an incrediblbly beautiful area and the people were wonderful!!
I have had more than one person ask me why I would want to go to Indiana...well, I just happened to go there more than once and it turned out to be a wonderful place with wonderful people. If I had listened to outside opionions I probably would never have visisted Indiana, but I am very happy I did   Smiley Eek, I hope I don't sound like a tourism commerical   Roll Eyes

Linda

IP Logged

One In A Million
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #32 - Jul 27th, 2004 at 8:40pm

"Hoosiers"
great movie

IP Logged

Boris
Ex Member

"Let's Go To Work!"

Reply #33 - Jul 28th, 2004 at 12:04pm

...and "Time Of The Season" a good old Zombies tune.
("What's your name, Hoosier Daddy...")
"Boris"

IP Logged

jrjan
Ex Member

Reply #34 - Jul 29th, 2004 at 12:07pm

Name? (optional) Jason
Where are you from? Columbus, IN
How long have you been a Romantics fan?21 yrs.
When is the last time you saw them live? '85
Favorite song? "What I like About You"
Favorite cd? The Romantics
Favorite band member? Jimmy
How many times have you seen them live? 3
Most memorable show-- '83, Wings Stadium, K'zoo
Have you ever met the band? No
Do you belong to the Yahoo group? No
Your birthday-- 4-11-67
Anything else you want to tell us-- I would love to see them play in Indiana somewhere, hopefully soon!!!

IP Logged

jrjan
Ex Member

Reply #35 - Jul 29th, 2004 at 12:25pm

Thanks for the warm welcome! I don't think that many people down here really know that much about The Romantics. Thats why I wish they would play here. It would give alot of people a chance to hear how great they are. Hopefully they can play Indy, or Bloomington(a great college town). I would def. be there! I think they would blow people away here. I'm glad you liked Indiana, it is a great place. I don't live far from "B-town".  Michigan is beautiful! "Hoosiers" is a great movie! And yes, basketball IS that popular here! My 2 fav. teams are IU, and whoever's playing Purdue! Ha! Take care! Jason

IP Logged

bookiesoriginal
Ex Member

Reply #36 - Aug 1st, 2004 at 8:02pm

jrjan, you are still showing up as a "guest".  please take a second to register so you can be eligible for the contests we run from time to time.
thanks for your interest in the romantics!

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
Ex Member

Reply #37 - Aug 2nd, 2004 at 6:05am

Also, feel free to join the yahoo group--that way, you can also go into the chat room from time to time!

--Iris

IP Logged

VeeRock
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #38 - Aug 19th, 2004 at 9:23am

The only Romantics I ever heard was 'What I Like About you" way back then when my sister would play it. Well I went thru my punk phase all through high school and college and didnt pay much attention to them. Up until I saw them last weekend at The Fest. I am a born again fan. I bought there new CD today.  So everyone...tell me ,what have I been missing all these years?

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
Ex Member

Reply #39 - Aug 22nd, 2004 at 5:59am

Welcome to the Board, Vee!!! 

If you haven't already purchase "61/49", go out and get it today-- I promise, YOu will not be disappointed by what you here-- The Romantics are back and better than ever!!

IP Logged

Kevin64
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #40 - Aug 22nd, 2004 at 8:32am

I just wanted to pop in here and say HI to you guys.My computer is on it's last legs,and it won't even let  me view this message board.I'm using my sisters computer just to check the board and see what I've missed.
I didn't go to The Randalls Island show here in NY,but I gotta tell ya,I saw the pics.A few of you know what a huge Dave Clark Five fan I am,and the outfits The Romantics were wearing that show were very,very DC5-ish! Very cool.I should have a new computer soon,and will catch up with you guys then.
                 Later.Kevin

Yeah,Yeah,Yeah!!!!

IP Logged

Tizlin
Ex Member

Reply #41 - Aug 22nd, 2004 at 6:28pm

Quote:
I just wanted to pop in here and say HI to you guys.My computer is on it's last legs,and it won't even let  me view this message board.I'm using my sisters computer just to check the board and see what I've missed.
I didn't go to The Randalls Island show here in NY,but I gotta tell ya,I saw the pics.A few of you know what a huge Dave Clark Five fan I am,and the outfits The Romantics were wearing that show were very,very DC5-ish! Very cool.I should have a new computer soon,and will catch up with you guys then.
                 Later.Kevin

Hey Kevin...you have been missed...   8)

Linda

IP Logged

gbabyjr
Ex Member

Reply #42 - Aug 22nd, 2004 at 6:54pm

Yes, Kevin, you have been missed.  Glad you stopped by to let us know you didn't desert us!  Smiley  Hurry up and get that new computer!!

IP Logged

Teresalita
Ex Member

Reply #43 - Aug 23rd, 2004 at 2:26am

Name? Teresa
Where are you from? Southern Ohio
How long have you been a Romantics fan? 1983   
When is the last time you saw them live? 1997
Favorite song? On a night like this
Favorite cd? Rock you up 
Favorite band member?  I like them all
How many times have you seen them live? 20-30
Most memorable show- sneaking backstage in Cleveland 1984.

Most cherished memorabilia?  A picture of Jimmy and I from July 1985 outside a hotel  near Pine Knob

Have you ever met the band?  Yes! 
Yahoo or AOL or other IM screen name? teb1962
Your birthday-- Sept 16
Anything else you want to tell us-- I am a huge Springsteen fan and I have way to many cats!

IP Logged

One In A Million
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #44 - Aug 23rd, 2004 at 7:17am

Hi Teresa.
I'm a Buckeye myself!
I grew up in Defiance (the town too...) and lived in Columbus for 10 years. Right now I'm in Florida for the moment.
What part of southern Ohio?

IP Logged

mymeka
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #45 - Aug 23rd, 2004 at 9:22am

Teresalita:

WELCOME, and you & I have a lot in common - huge Springsteen fan!!!!!!!!!!!!!  And, how many cats are TOO many???   Smiley

Lori (PA)

IP Logged

Teresalita
Ex Member

Reply #46 - Aug 23rd, 2004 at 6:03pm

Quote:
Teresalita:

WELCOME, and you & I have a lot in common - huge Springsteen fan!!!!!!!!!!!!!  And, how many cats are TOO many???   Smiley

Lori (PA)

Well, I have 7 of my own and recently took in a mother cat and four kittens. They are 6 weeks old now and still nursing. Have you ever seen the movie "Yours, Mine & Ours" When Lucille Ball tell Henry Fonda how many kids she has. I feel that way when I meet a guy and have to say " I have 12 cats".
BTW- Aren't you also the horse lover on this board? My sister and I just came back from the Kentucky Horse Park in Lexington. It was amazing.
Teresa

IP Logged

mymeka
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #47 - Aug 23rd, 2004 at 9:04pm

Teresa,

Yes!!!  I am most definately the horse lover, as I own two and try to ride as much as possible!  I would love to go to Kentucky one of these days  Grin - haven't had the opportunity yet!

Awe, you are doing a wonderful thing for the Mom and kitties!  I just fostered a Manx kitty, found in the back of my housing development.  Precious.

And, Springsteen - HOW GREAT IS HE??????   Cheesy

Lori

IP Logged

Teresalita
Ex Member

Reply #48 - Aug 24th, 2004 at 1:23am

Lori,
You must get to the Kentuck Horse Park. I don't ride or anything but just love animals and that part of Kentucky. We were able to go down to the stables and chat with some owners and riders and get close to the horses. I learned a few things too.
Did you know Bruce's daughter is an equestrian? I hope I spelled that right.
We named the mother cat Mia after Mama Mia  Roll Eyes
Take care,
Teresa

IP Logged

mymeka
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #49 - Aug 24th, 2004 at 4:04am

Yes, I did know that Bruce rides and his daughter is an Equestrian.  They actually bought one of their horses from a friend of mine in New Jersey.  Wish I coulda been there that day!

Seems I just keep missing Springsteen : (

Lori

IP Logged

Vee_NJ

Reply #50 - Aug 25th, 2004 at 8:19pm

I've been listening to 61/49 non-stop. It dont think there is a greater feeling then  hearing a great new rock album. And yes maybe even better then sex! Unless you combine the two.....

IP Logged

BrewCity
Ex Member

Reply #51 - Aug 25th, 2004 at 10:39pm

Vee--now you're talkin'!  61/49 is a gem.  Spread the word amongst your music loving friends.

p.s.  try "Devil in Me" for your combo platter.   Kiss

IP Logged

Tizlin
Ex Member

Reply #52 - Aug 28th, 2004 at 5:52pm

I have recently gained a new outlook for "New Kinda Pain" It really is a great Skill song  8)

Linda

IP Logged

mymeka
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #53 - Aug 28th, 2004 at 9:47pm

Devil In Me is HOT, HOT, HOT  Wink

Lori

IP Logged

Vee_NJ

Reply #54 - Aug 31st, 2004 at 1:36am

I'm listening to PAint the Sky right now , its nice and mellow

IP Logged

lmk
Ex Member

Reply #55 - Aug 31st, 2004 at 7:31am

Hey, I'm also the horse lover here!  Welcome to the newbies.  I've been involved with Arabian horses for over 20 years, and am just waiting for a check to clear to have sold my current mare.   Smiley

Yes, the KY horse park is amazing.  Some of our horse shows are  held there.

IP Logged

Tizlin
Ex Member

Reply #56 - Aug 31st, 2004 at 5:58pm

Quote:
I'm listening to PAint the Sky right now , its nice and mellow

This is my fave song on the record...I have loved it from the very first version I heard...and it only became more wonderful with each revision.  Grin 
I must say I love the lyrics in midnite to six too (right Fran)  Tongue

Linda

PS
Still We Remain is truely one of the most incredible songs on the record and it was wonderful that they used Bruce Witkin's (from Supremium) daughters class for the background.  Can you picture the band at the head of the class at the chalkboard?!   Grin

IP Logged

Kevin64
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #57 - Sep 2nd, 2004 at 7:18am

YAY!!! New computer is up and running.Hope to talk to all you guys soon! Grin
                          KEVIN

Yeah,Yeah,Yeah!!!!

IP Logged

gbabyjr
Ex Member

Reply #58 - Sep 2nd, 2004 at 7:33am

Yay Kevin!! Glad to have you back!!  You have alot of catch up posting to do.

IP Logged

bookiesoriginal
Ex Member

Reply #59 - Sep 2nd, 2004 at 5:49pm

yes kevin, great to have you back!  you have some splainin' to do! Wink

IP Logged

Lisa_G.
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #60 - Oct 7th, 2004 at 2:18am

Name? (optional) Lisa
Where are you from? Kirksville MO
How long have you been a Romantics fan? 1980
When is the last time you saw them live? 1994-too long ago!
Favorite song? On A Night Like This & Devil In Me
Favorite cd? I love them all
Favorite band member? Wally
How many times have you seen them live? I can't remember
Most memorable show-- Back in '85 they played the Uptown Theater in KC right after I had just moved there.  I thought I was in heaven right in the front row!  This was the 2nd time I'd seen them...the first time was in a large venue so getting close was SO cool.
Most cherished memorabilia-- The photo of Wally and I taken at Woody's in KC.  He was so sweet and I was SO shy! 
Have you ever met the band? Yes, indeed!
Do you belong to the Yahoo group? No
Your birthday-- August 15
Anything else you want to tell us-- I better not.

IP Logged

BrewCity
Ex Member

Reply #61 - Oct 7th, 2004 at 2:51am

Quote:
Anything else you want to tell us-- I better not.

C'mon, Lisa!  We're not here to keep secrets.  Give it up!  Wink

IP Logged

Lisa_G.
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #62 - Oct 9th, 2004 at 1:24am

I've been pining away for the last 24 years...you'd be totally bored to hear it.  I'm just a nice country girl who will keep her thoughts to herself!  LOL

IP Logged

Tizlin
Ex Member

Reply #63 - Oct 16th, 2004 at 3:54pm

Hmm...country girls...I think there is more than one song on this subject...  Shocked Add Wally tp the picture...  Tongue

Tiz
(who is wishing there was a smiley invented that could replace my name right now!!!)

IP Logged

Lisa_G.
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #64 - Oct 20th, 2004 at 10:36pm

How'd you guess, Linda?!  LOL

My little "country" town made the national news today.  There was a bad plane wreck(I haven't used the "C" word since childhood because of trauma) here last nite.  How awful and it was just a couple miles from my office too.  The planes usually fly in right over our office so I was relieved to find it ok this morning!  The media is all over the place.  Thank goodness two people lived and I'll bet we'll hear their stories later today.  So that's the news from hickville, MO.  Everyone have a safe and happy day!  Lisa

IP Logged

Tizlin
Ex Member

Reply #65 - Nov 7th, 2004 at 1:54pm

Hey Lisa, maybe you can share that photo of you with Wally on the YahooGroups site...it's great seeing photos !

Linda

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.