Welcome, Guest. Please Login

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
New & old FANS! Post YOUR Introductions Here! (Read 3533 times)
bookiesoriginal
Ex Member

Re: New & old FANS! Post YOUR Introductions He
Reply #30 - Jul 26th, 2004 at 9:54pm

jr, thanks so much for introducing yourself.  you may just be the only representation we have from indiana on the board!
no dates have been scheduled as of now for your area but keep checking back here.  this is THE place for ALL the latest romantics news! Wink

IP Logged

Tizlin
Ex Member

Reply #31 - Jul 27th, 2004 at 5:29pm

Indiana...I saw the band there in Elkhart ( Conversion Van Capitial of the US...) Indy and Bloomington (Breaking Away) but I think it was Bloomington that left the best impression upon me...what an incrediblbly beautiful area and the people were wonderful!!
I have had more than one person ask me why I would want to go to Indiana...well, I just happened to go there more than once and it turned out to be a wonderful place with wonderful people. If I had listened to outside opionions I probably would never have visisted Indiana, but I am very happy I did   Smiley Eek, I hope I don't sound like a tourism commerical   Roll Eyes

Linda

IP Logged

One In A Million
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #32 - Jul 27th, 2004 at 8:40pm

"Hoosiers"
great movie

IP Logged

Boris
Ex Member

"Let's Go To Work!"

Reply #33 - Jul 28th, 2004 at 12:04pm

...and "Time Of The Season" a good old Zombies tune.
("What's your name, Hoosier Daddy...")
"Boris"

IP Logged

jrjan
Ex Member

Reply #34 - Jul 29th, 2004 at 12:07pm

Name? (optional) Jason
Where are you from? Columbus, IN
How long have you been a Romantics fan?21 yrs.
When is the last time you saw them live? '85
Favorite song? "What I like About You"
Favorite cd? The Romantics
Favorite band member? Jimmy
How many times have you seen them live? 3
Most memorable show-- '83, Wings Stadium, K'zoo
Most cherished memorabilia--
Have you ever met the band? No
Do you belong to the Yahoo group? No
Yahoo or AOL or other IM screen name?
Your birthday-- 4-11-67
Anything else you want to tell us-- I would love to see them play in Indiana somewhere, hopefully soon!!!

IP Logged

jrjan
Ex Member

Reply #35 - Jul 29th, 2004 at 12:25pm

Thanks for the warm welcome! I don't think that many people down here really know that much about The Romantics. Thats why I wish they would play here. It would give alot of people a chance to hear how great they are. Hopefully they can play Indy, or Bloomington(a great college town). I would def. be there! I think they would blow people away here. I'm glad you liked Indiana, it is a great place. I don't live far from "B-town".  Michigan is beautiful! "Hoosiers" is a great movie! And yes, basketball IS that popular here! My 2 fav. teams are IU, and whoever's playing Purdue! Ha! Take care! Jason

IP Logged

bookiesoriginal
Ex Member

Reply #36 - Aug 1st, 2004 at 8:02pm

jrjan, you are still showing up as a "guest".  please take a second to register so you can be eligible for the contests we run from time to time.
thanks for your interest in the romantics!

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
Ex Member

Reply #37 - Aug 2nd, 2004 at 6:05am

Also, feel free to join the yahoo group--that way, you can also go into the chat room from time to time!

--Iris

IP Logged

VeeRock
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #38 - Aug 19th, 2004 at 9:23am

The only Romantics I ever heard was 'What I Like About you" way back then when my sister would play it. Well I went thru my punk phase all through high school and college and didnt pay much attention to them. Up until I saw them last weekend at The Fest. I am a born again fan. I bought there new CD today.  So everyone...tell me ,what have I been missing all these years?

IP Logged

pinkbubelz
Ex Member

Reply #39 - Aug 22nd, 2004 at 5:59am

Welcome to the Board, Vee!!! 

If you haven't already purchase "61/49", go out and get it today-- I promise, YOu will not be disappointed by what you here-- The Romantics are back and better than ever!!

IP Logged

Kevin64
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #40 - Aug 22nd, 2004 at 8:32am

I just wanted to pop in here and say HI to you guys.My computer is on it's last legs,and it won't even let  me view this message board.I'm using my sisters computer just to check the board and see what I've missed.
I didn't go to The Randalls Island show here in NY,but I gotta tell ya,I saw the pics.A few of you know what a huge Dave Clark Five fan I am,and the outfits The Romantics were wearing that show were very,very DC5-ish! Very cool.I should have a new computer soon,and will catch up with you guys then.
                 Later.Kevin

Yeah,Yeah,Yeah!!!!

IP Logged

Tizlin
Ex Member

Reply #41 - Aug 22nd, 2004 at 6:28pm

Quote:
I just wanted to pop in here and say HI to you guys.My computer is on it's last legs,and it won't even let  me view this message board.I'm using my sisters computer just to check the board and see what I've missed.
I didn't go to The Randalls Island show here in NY,but I gotta tell ya,I saw the pics.A few of you know what a huge Dave Clark Five fan I am,and the outfits The Romantics were wearing that show were very,very DC5-ish! Very cool.I should have a new computer soon,and will catch up with you guys then.
                 Later.Kevin

Hey Kevin...you have been missed...   8)

Linda

IP Logged

gbabyjr
Ex Member

Reply #42 - Aug 22nd, 2004 at 6:54pm

Yes, Kevin, you have been missed.  Glad you stopped by to let us know you didn't desert us!  Smiley  Hurry up and get that new computer!!

IP Logged

Teresalita
Ex Member

Reply #43 - Aug 23rd, 2004 at 2:26am

Name? Teresa
Where are you from? Southern Ohio
How long have you been a Romantics fan? 1983   
When is the last time you saw them live? 1997
Favorite song? On a night like this
Favorite cd? Rock you up 
Favorite band member?  I like them all
How many times have you seen them live? 20-30
Most memorable show- sneaking backstage in Cleveland 1984.

Most cherished memorabilia?  A picture of Jimmy and I from July 1985 outside a hotel  near Pine Knob

Have you ever met the band?  Yes! 
Do you belong to the Yahoo group?  yes
Yahoo or AOL or other IM screen name? teb1962
Your birthday-- Sept 16
Anything else you want to tell us-- I am a huge Springsteen fan and I have way to many cats!

IP Logged

One In A Million
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #44 - Aug 23rd, 2004 at 7:17am

Hi Teresa.
I'm a Buckeye myself!
I grew up in Defiance (the town too...) and lived in Columbus for 10 years. Right now I'm in Florida for the moment.
What part of southern Ohio?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.