Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
CALIF WILDFIRES (Read 6086 times)
Iris
Ex Member

Re: CALIF WILDFIRES
Reply #30 - Nov 3rd, 2003 at 2:23am

This is one instance where any type of precipitation (rain Or SNOW) would be good.....

We hope it all dies down soon!

IP Logged

PIRATE
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #31 - Nov 4th, 2003 at 8:47am

i havent heard a new total yet on homes burned between all the fires which i believe there was 5 though out ca....last i heard it was 2800 and 20 dead.....i hope that number has not gone up......whats next an  Undecidedearthquake Undecided

"if thy pour ith..thy shall drink ith"&&"if thy post ith...thy shall count ith"&&2071 plus current

IP Logged

bookiesoriginal
Ex Member

Reply #32 - Nov 4th, 2003 at 6:07pm

I did hear a figure like 3500 homes destroyed.  Hopefully the worst is over.  Too little, too late for the 3500 families that lost everything and have to start over.     Sad

IP Logged

PIRATE
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #33 - Nov 7th, 2003 at 10:21am

yea....2800 was the last i heard when i posted.....number was expected to grow.....well the worst is over......now there is another concern though....he have rain coming and that means land slides...alot of them Undecided

"if thy pour ith..thy shall drink ith"&&"if thy post ith...thy shall count ith"&&2071 plus current

IP Logged

bookiesoriginal
Ex Member

Reply #34 - Nov 7th, 2003 at 6:46pm

Is it expected to rain that much?  Gosh, you guys can't seem to catch a break.  Please keep us updated Pirate!

IP Logged

PIRATE
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #35 - Nov 11th, 2003 at 10:59am

we were expecting rain bookies.......it wasnt suppose to be a big storm but with the brush burned its very easy for the hill or muntain sides to give a way.....they were off on the forecast ....hardly saw a drop.....but in time with its storm season those areas will turn to mud and they will slide......no rain no slides

IP Logged

PIRATE
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #36 - Nov 14th, 2003 at 11:25am

last count heard was 3680 homes burned Undecided.......perhaps thats the finally tally......hope these things can be pervented in the future Undecided

IP Logged

bookiesoriginal
Ex Member

Reply #37 - Nov 14th, 2003 at 6:14pm

That is a lot of families having to start over.  Very sad.  I can't believe that in this day and age of technology, they haven't come up with some sort of building material that is fireproof or something.

IP Logged

Iris
Ex Member

Reply #38 - Nov 14th, 2003 at 8:37pm

In a way, sad though it is, I think this is "nature's way" of doing "natural selection"..... Humankind no longer has natural predators except itself... Those who can survive, will, those who don't know how to fend for themselves will eventually vanish... Sad   

It's a test of how adaptable humans are....

IP Logged

BrewCity
Ex Member

Milwaukee

Reply #39 - Nov 15th, 2003 at 3:03am

Quote:
 I can't believe that in this day and age of technology, they haven't come up with some sort of building material that is fireproof or something.

They have.  It's called stone.  Or brick. 

(I can get to be a real wise guy when  I have to wait too long for the Romantics store to open or for a tour to be announced.)  Wink

"You crashed your car through the front door/I pulled you from the wreckage/You told me that you missed me/But you meant with the grill and hood."

IP Logged

PIRATE
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #40 - Nov 15th, 2003 at 1:23pm

yes they do have materials to help pervent the sprend and all.......but for the mountains for example, its all about cabins and certain types of homes......they stay away forom the city look.......i dont think those materials fit well with what they build up there but maybe they will be more open to it now.

IP Logged

bookies_original
Global Moderator

Tigers Town!
Reply #41 - Oct 24th, 2007 at 8:04pm

sure wish rob would check in with us so we know he is ok.

IP Logged

solodka
God Member

Always a butterfly lover!

Sunny South Florida
Reply #42 - Oct 25th, 2007 at 10:19am

Yes, I have called a  few people and have not heard back yet!  It is crazy.  My prayers our out there with everyone in CA.  Very, very sad.
« Last Edit: Oct 27th, 2007 at 3:21am by solodka »  
solodkasertze  
IP Logged

bookies_original
Global Moderator

Tigers Town!
Reply #43 - Oct 27th, 2007 at 12:23am

well since rob is posting, i guess we are to assume everything is ok in his neck of the woods!

IP Logged

Rob

Don't you put me on hold!

Reply #44 - Oct 27th, 2007 at 11:37pm

Sorry guys.....I didnt see this post until now. Everything is ok with us, and I dont personally know anyone who lost their home. We were in no danger at all in the area we live. The fires were hit and miss due to heavy winds blowing the burning embers around. Some neighborhoods went untouched ,while the next block over was destroyed. Good thing the Santa Ana winds stopped Tuesday, or this thing would have been much much worse.  I was called into work on my day off on Monday morning, and we did mandatory 12 hour days until yesterday. I actually posted on the bard a few days ago while sitting in the office waiting for our next depolyment.  Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers!!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.