Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
CALIF WILDFIRES (Read 6135 times)
bookiesoriginal
Ex Member

Re: CALIF WILDFIRES
Reply #15 - Oct 29th, 2003 at 8:03pm

Have they ruled out these fires being an act of terrorism?  It just seems so coincidental that so many fires have erupted at once and they have only 2 suspects.  I lived in CA in the mid 70's and it rained for a month straight it seemed like.  What are the weather people saying as far as the chance of rain coming soon?
California seems to be stricken with such disasters.  Earthquakes, mudslides, and now these wild fires.  So sad for all the people out there.

IP Logged

gbabyjr
YaBB Newbies

NC
Reply #16 - Oct 31st, 2003 at 2:31am

Pirate and Rob, how are you guys doing out there?  Hope you all are safe.  Dennis, are you anywhere near the fires?

IP Logged

bookiesoriginal
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Oct 31st, 2003 at 3:05am

Yeah guys, please keep us updated on what is going on with you.  Linda too.  I think dennis mentioned that he is far enough from where the fires are that we don't have to worry about him but Pirate, Rob and Linda, please let us know that all is well.

I just saw on the news that they have the fires contained in Simi Valley which is where my sister lives.

IP Logged

dennis
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #18 - Oct 31st, 2003 at 5:07am

Thank you for your  concern.  Lincoln is in the Sacramento Valley, far away from the fires in Southern California.  We have been lucky here this year, suffering only smaller grass fires.  Hopefully the weather will make a major change soon and help douse the flames.

IP Logged

bookiesoriginal
Ex Member

Reply #19 - Oct 31st, 2003 at 7:10am

So glad you touched base with us dennis.  We do worry about our fellow board members.  Still waiting to hear from Pirate, Rob and Linda though.

Anyhow, glad to hear your safety is not threatened.

IP Logged

PIRATE
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #20 - Oct 31st, 2003 at 11:19am

pirate is safe and sound......the only update i have from this morning is the fire in san bernardino move up to lake arrowhead with pirate went and loved the mountain resorts and beauty .....but more sdly see the people that have lost those beatiful homes that alot of them made from the ground up...... burned 250 or more homes.....i didnt have a full cup of coffee but it makes the pirate sad to see it all go away.....i need to catch up on todays events to update on these fires......im 45 mins away from the closiest fire and impossible to touch pirate so im safe.....i dont think rob is on alot so we will have to wait to see how he is.....linda i think is on a lil more then him but not daily......we all will have to be patient to hear about there safety........sounds like dennis and i are very safe

"if thy pour ith..thy shall drink ith"&&"if thy post ith...thy shall count ith"&&2071 plus current

IP Logged

tizlin
Ex Member

Reply #21 - Oct 31st, 2003 at 12:34pm

I'm all clear in the SF Valley. I have 2 very close friends whom have lost homes (Simi Vly and near Big Bear) though.
Thanks...

Linda

IP Logged

gbabyjr
YaBB Newbies

NC
Reply #22 - Oct 31st, 2003 at 5:05pm

Glad to hear Pirate and Dennis and Linda are all ok.  Linda, I am so sorry to hear that your friends lost their homes.  So sad.  My prayers go out to all.

IP Logged

bookiesoriginal
Ex Member

Reply #23 - Oct 31st, 2003 at 5:24pm

Yep, Pirate, dennis and Linda are thankfully ok.
Still would like to hear from Rob.  I think he is right in the worst of it in the San Diego area. 
Linda, so sorry for your friends.  I couldn't even imagine putting myself in their shoes.  I too will say a prayer for them.
I heard last night on the news that one of the fires was started by a hunter who had gotten lost and started a fire in hopes of someone seeing it and being rescued.  He is now charged with manslaughter.  Seems like a rather soft charge compared to the destruction and devastation that he has caused.

IP Logged

Iris
Ex Member

Reply #24 - Oct 31st, 2003 at 9:04pm

I think Rob is probably working overtime during these fires.  Hopefully he and his family are okay as well...

Obviously, if your neighborhood is burning down, the last thing you probably would do would be to go online....  But, hopefully, those who are anywhere near it will come online eventually and let us know they are okay... Smiley 

Sorry to hear about your friends Linda.  I talked to my friend's brother.  So far she is out of range.

IP Logged

bookiesoriginal
Ex Member

Reply #25 - Oct 31st, 2003 at 9:30pm

The irony of the whole mess is that while some of these firefighters are doing their jobs, their very own homes are burning down.  Such a sad situation. Cry

IP Logged

Iris
Ex Member

Reply #26 - Oct 31st, 2003 at 10:02pm

That is true... hopefully their families will be able to evacuate and to save their memories in time.

IP Logged

PIRATE
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #27 - Nov 2nd, 2003 at 3:58am

20 dead and 2800 homes burned to the ground....yes a very sad situation......hope we hear from rob soon.....we have had rain here and that has had very ver positive impact to help the fire fighters......hope its 100% over soon.....prayers out to all the familys that have lost life and there belongings

"if thy pour ith..thy shall drink ith"&&"if thy post ith...thy shall count ith"&&2071 plus current

IP Logged

tizlin
Ex Member

Reply #28 - Nov 2nd, 2003 at 11:36am

Well, we have been blessed with rain and snow in some fire-areas. This really helps with the firefighting. However, it also means rockslides because of no groundcover combined with large amounts of water.
Us Califorians are tough! 

Linda

IP Logged

bookiesoriginal
Ex Member

Reply #29 - Nov 2nd, 2003 at 7:37pm

Hopefully the worst is over.  Just keep praying for precipitation in ANY form!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.