Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print
CALIF WILDFIRES (Read 6102 times)
PIRATE
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

CALIF WILDFIRES
Oct 27th, 2003 at 10:47am

Undecided.....this is just horrible.....devistating......just the next county over is burning out of control.......my house and vehicles are covered with heavy ash......the sky has been a dark heavy grey and the scent.it is sickening  and so sad to see that beatiful land, homes and people who have lost there lives.....to my understand 500 homes have been lost......15 people have died......the wildlife that has lost is live......and to my understanding it was caused by a arsonist.......what the pirate would do to this person or persons......i cant describe what i would do....censered discription..... Angry......pirate venting

"if thy pour ith..thy shall drink ith"&&"if thy post ith...thy shall count ith"&&2071 plus current

IP Logged

bookiesoriginal
Ex Member

Re: CALIF WILDFIRES
Reply #1 - Oct 27th, 2003 at 5:26pm

My sister lives out there in Simi Valley.  When I watch this on the news I can't believe someone would actually be so cruel as to start these fires.  This is a shame and Pirate, I hope you stay safe.

IP Logged

Rob
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Oct 28th, 2003 at 12:57am

We are on evacuation standby as I speak, and I worked a 15 hour overtime shift last night as a result of the fires. Unbelievalbe damage all around San Diego county.

IP Logged

gbabyjr
YaBB Newbies

NC
Reply #3 - Oct 28th, 2003 at 1:11am

It is so horrible.  Pirate and Rob,  I pray that you guys stay safe. Bookies, any word from your sister?  Will she have to evacuate?

IP Logged

bookiesoriginal
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Oct 28th, 2003 at 1:15am

We talked to her Saturday and as of then, no.  Rob are you a firefighter or something?  I know all of our prayers are with you and everyone who has been affected by this devastation.   Cry

IP Logged

lmk
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Oct 28th, 2003 at 5:43am

My thoughts are with all of you out there.  Please stay safe.

IP Logged

PIRATE
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #6 - Oct 28th, 2003 at 9:40am

pirate is safe from danger.....sounds like rob is right on the edge of this disaster.......i also have a sister in san diego but she is more by the coast.......san bernardino 35 to 40 miles aways from the pirate.....so mr pirate is safe......the ashes have traveled with lite wind in all......think pieces of it.....my white truck was black.....but enough of pirate lil things.....just the tought of what the familys losing there homes and everything that goes along with that makes me sick.....my prays go out to robs and all residents out in san diego that also have there big blaze going......i dont know if arson is involved with san diego but it makes my tummy turn.......bookies you have a sis in diego?......how is she?

"if thy pour ith..thy shall drink ith"&&"if thy post ith...thy shall count ith"&&2071 plus current

IP Logged

PIRATE
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #7 - Oct 28th, 2003 at 9:43am

thanks bookies and imk.......i just noticed bookies your sister is in simi valley

IP Logged

Iris
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Oct 28th, 2003 at 10:28am

Wow.  Rob and Pirate and others out in your area-- take care....  one of my best friends lives near Upland...

Hopefully it will get under control soon.... hopefully you ane your family and friends out there stay safe... Smiley

Keep posting (when you can)--then we will know you are safe...

IP Logged

PIRATE
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #9 - Oct 28th, 2003 at 10:35am

gosh upland is not far from the fires......im sure they are safe but  they are gettin alot of smoke and ash...gosh i hope they get control and get all these fires and get them out......i believe there are 7 total fires burning right now..... Cry

IP Logged

Rob
Ex Member

:)Re: CALIF WILDFIRES
Reply #10 - Oct 28th, 2003 at 11:57am

All safe and sound!!   Smiley

IP Logged

Iris
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Oct 28th, 2003 at 12:05pm

Thank Goodness!!!  we would be very  upset if we found out something bad had happened to any of our friends out in Cali!

IP Logged

gbabyjr
YaBB Newbies

NC
Reply #12 - Oct 28th, 2003 at 4:38pm

Good to hear, Rob........Keep us posted.

IP Logged

bookiesoriginal
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Oct 28th, 2003 at 6:36pm

Rob, are you a firefighter?  On your previous post you said you had worked a 15 hour overtime shift so I figured you might be someone on the front line of these fires.
I sure wish we could give you guys some of the rain we have had here in the Midwest in the past few days.

I just heard on the Today show that they have 2 suspects that they are looking for as maybe being the arsonists.  These guys need to be taught a hard lesson when they catch them.

IP Logged

PIRATE
Ex Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #14 - Oct 29th, 2003 at 10:36am

they need to walk the plank Angry........1200 homes lost in all fires.......san bernardinos fire is moving up the mountain towards big bear and lake arrowhead......so many memories up there......so depressing to see this taking place

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print

The Romantics Message Board » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.